Boardwalk Balcony on Allure upgrade??

Angele000

So I just got off the phone with my TA who said they could upgrade us from an outside stateroom to a Balcony overlooking the Boardwalk on Allure.. We would have to forfit our $75 onboard credit we got however when we booked. My question is, what would any of you do?? I personally like looking out the window when we get to port but my bf who has never cruised before is wondering if the balcony room is any larger. Any thoughts? Thanks!

I believe the room sizes are the same, but you do have the extra room on the balcony. If you like to people watch, the balcony room would be nice. I am on a B2B in November and switched rooms our 2nd week from an oceanview balcony to the last boardwalk balcony on deck 12. I will be able to sit on my balcony and watch all the shows at the Aqua Theater.

So is it worth the $75 to switch, that would be up to you.

So I just got off the phone with my TA who said they could upgrade us from an outside stateroom to a Balcony overlooking the Boardwalk on Allure.. We would have to forfit our $75 onboard credit we got however when we booked. My question is, what would any of you do?? I personally like looking out the window when we get to port but my bf who has never cruised before is wondering if the balcony room is any larger. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Not much difference in size if you exclude the balcony. The OV is 174 sq ft and the CP balcony is 184 sq ft. One nice feature of the balcony is the large window which lets in more light than the OV.

Not worth it. Boardwalk balconies have NO privacy, are noisy. We watched people hang laundry and other things for all to see. We had a clear view from the concierge lounge of everything, LOL. Looked like a horror to me. JMHO.

Archived