October 18 european air strike

cruisemuse13

I have read comments on other forums that there is a general strike and air traffic strike for October 18 in Italy. I haven't been able to find out much information about this. I have a flight to Rome on the evening of the 18th.

For the first time I booked my own flight instead of using a travel agent so I am feeling a bit vulnerable. I am hoping that someone on this forum who is more travel savvy can advise me on how to monitor this situation. thanks for any advice.

I guess I'm concerned. We're flying out of detroit on the 17th. Arriving in Frankfurt for a change to venice the morning of the 18th. Is this just supposed to be an italian air controller issue or EU? Hopefully the worst would just be in Frankfurt for the night. I thought I'd gotten to the stress free zone with only a couple of weeks to go. My concern would be speaking with the hotel to be sure they don't have us as a no show. I may just email them early.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived