Yet another flight time question

socialsea

Do you think we can catch a 12:10 flight out of Orlando after debarking the Freedom of the seas? I know there are factors to consider, but would most of you seasoned cruisers do it? It would get us home at a decent time and is about $30.00pp cheaper but I really don't want to be thinking about making the flight while I am cruising. Our cruise is from December 8-15th if that makes any difference.

So should I do the 12:10 flight or the 2:00pm? I will be booking airfare tomorrow morning, so could really use some advice. TIA

Do you think we can catch a 12:10 flight out of Orlando after debarking the Freedom of the seas? I know there are factors to consider, but would most of you seasoned cruisers do it? It would get us home at a decent time and is about $30.00pp cheaper but I really don't want to be thinking about making the flight while I am cruising. Our cruise is from December 8-15th if that makes any difference.

So should I do the 12:10 flight or the 2:00pm? I will be booking airfare tomorrow morning, so could really use some advice. TIA

I'd have no problem doing the early flight. We got off Enchantment last week with a very low luggage tag number, had a 3rd party shared shuttle arranged, and got to the airport about 9:30am.

I would either make sure you have a low luggage tag number (see Guest Services), or do self-disembarkation. I'd also avoid cruise line transfers and arrange for 3rd party shuttle. You have enough time to use a shared shuttle.

When all is said and done the cost of arranging timely transportation may negate any saving in airfare.

One would have to be on the road to MCO by 9:20 am to get to the check-in counter by the generally recommended 2 hours before take-off for international flights. Although those who like a little excitement can shave it down to 60 minutes, meaning a 10:20 Port Canaveral departure.

If memory serves travel time is about 45 minutes. So presuming Freedom starts off loading by 7, even 8 am you shouldn't have a problem.

Thanks Bob. We would do the self debarkation and be off the ship as early as we could. We will be using Travelynx Shuttle. I have heard good things about them here on CC. Have you ever used them?

Yes, we have used both Travelynx and Cocoa Beach Shuttle, with good results. Last week, we made the 8:30am shuttle departure, but we had to wait for bags. If you are doing self-disembarkation, you will likely be even earlier.

Archived