Refused CC Upgrade

Big Wave Dave

We were using passages back then and never experienced a $ priority for OBC

If you have the original document it should state the OBC or X could just simply say that you are entitled to $50. Our 14 night Feb. 2014 balcony cruise costs roughly $2200 pp and we are entitled to a $300 OBC based on a 14 day cruise.

Short 5 day cruises have an OBC of $50, 7 day $100, 14 day $300.

What is the length of your $1,300 pp cruise?

It is 8 days

Celebrity stated in my original post. that the original Passages purchase in 2008 and 2010 that it was total amount of cruise not the length. I copied and pasted the comment from the passages info provided me. The current Passages is now based on days. So am wondering what I would be entitled to under the old system based on a $2600.00 purchase without tax?

There was a time where they did it based on dollar value. I would assume that particular Passage will get the OBC based on that structure. Good news is, I believe your 2008 Passages is still eligible for price drops post final payment, is it not?

I wish I'd bought a ton of old ones.

We were using passages back then and never experienced a $ priority for OBC

The OBC was based on the $$$ value back in 2008. We booked a mid 2009 Azamara cruise instead of a comparably priced Celebrity cruise because Azamara included the airfare in the OBC calculation and Celebrity only used the cruise fare.

That was back when Azamara was virtually the EXACT same price as Celebrity instead of the current 2X difference:(

There was a time where they did it based on dollar value. I would assume that particular Passage will get the OBC based on that structure. Good news is, I believe your 2008 Passages is still eligible for price drops post final payment, is it not?

I wish I'd bought a ton of old ones.

I have read the 2008 Passages from top to bottom and there is no mention of price drop prior to final payment as in the new Passages directive. I hope that Celebrity would honor this part of the 2008 Passage confirmation letter. We also have a 2010 Passages in my wife's name to be used at a later date. Hopefully some small compensation from Celebrity as they have had our deposits since 2008 and 2010.

Archived