Special concoction you've made with food available

crusinpsychRN

On the last nite I order two flat iron steaks cooked well done

I then use those " steaks" to re-sole my hiking boots for the upcoming hunting season

Haha!

From our recent experience with the flat iron steaks on the Pride earlier this month, I can attest to the fact that this would probably actually work!

I go to the pizza counter and order two slices of pepperoni pizza, made with both extra sauce and cheese. Then I go get just a plain hamburger patty from Guy's, no bun. Put the burger between the two slices of pizza, and voila: an original "pizzaburger" - Mmm, so good!! (No other condiments are necessary, but you can further customize it by adding some of the sautéed onions, mushrooms, or even some bacon from Guy's fixins bar.)😛😄

I'm always surprised when no one else has ever heard of doing this, because I grew up eating them nearly 50 years ago, at a little pizza joint in western Pennsylvania called, Joe Stringhill's. Try it, you'll like it! 🍕🍔🍕

I go to the pizza counter and order two slices of pepperoni pizza, made with both extra sauce and cheese. Then I go get just a plain hamburger patty from Guy's, no bun. Put the burger between the two slices of pizza, and voila: an original "pizzaburger" - Mmm, so good!! (No other condiments are necessary, but you can further customize it by adding some of the sautéed onions, mushrooms, or even some bacon from Guy's fixins bar.)😛😄

I'm always surprised when no one else has ever heard of doing this, because I grew up eating them nearly 50 years ago, at a little pizza joint in western Pennsylvania called, Joe Stringhill's. Try it, you'll like it! 🍕🍔🍕

Sounds strange. You really have to ask for the extra sauce since they put about 1/4 teaspoon on the pizza.

Pineapple chutney from the Tandoor over ice cream.

I also order the Eggs Benedict in parts and dip fruit into the WCMC.

Mom makes a concoction of coffe and vanilla softserve.

Can make Coke/Orange/Root Beer floats.

Try the pineapple chutney on the four cheese pizza from pizza pirate. YUM!!

Trick is to find a large glass..maybe my Tervis tumbler will have to do..I've been on an iced coffee kick lately..gonna have to continue this on my cruise..thanks for the suggestion :-)

Add a little chocolate soft serve for an iced mocha latte.

Sounds strange. You really have to ask for the extra sauce since they put about 1/4 teaspoon on the pizza.

Absolutely. Noticed that the first time I stood in the pizza line. Was surprised more people didn't request it.

For a night-cap up on the Lido, I order a shot of Bailey's at the bar then add it to a cup of decaf coffee and top it with some vanilla soft-serve ice-cream.

Back when the cabin stewards left the individually wrapped chocolate mints, I would drop one candy into the hot coffee before adding the Bailey's and soft-serve. It was amazing !

🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫

Sent from my VS880 using Forums mobile app

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

• 2 months later...
This will appeal to us Southerners, not so much for the rest of you...

Fix a bowl of grits with butter, salt & pepper. Then add a scoop of corned beef hash to the center. (Don't stir, it will look disgusting).

I will be.doing this one...YUM!!!

I also get some Cole slaw , Russian or thousand island dressing

Bring it to the deli and add it to a corned beef and pastrami on rye

A Sammy that would make the stage deli in NYC proud

.......and this will.be.mine too:p

I go to the pizza counter and order two slices of pepperoni pizza, made with both extra sauce and cheese. Then I go get just a plain hamburger patty from Guy's, no bun. Put the burger between the two slices of pizza, and voila: an original "pizzaburger" - Mmm, so good!! (No other condiments are necessary, but you can further customize it by adding some of the sautéed onions, mushrooms, or even some bacon from Guy's fixins bar.)[emoji14][emoji1]

I'm always surprised when no one else has ever heard of doing this, because I grew up eating them nearly 50 years ago, at a little pizza joint in western Pennsylvania called, Joe Stringhill's. Try it, you'll like it! [emoji487][emoji488][emoji487]

I just cried happy tears, but then got heartburn.

Sounds yummy! But I'm a sucker for kid food and its corresponding concoctions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is hot chocolate free on the ship? If so, I plan on making some hc with a "scoop" or two of the free ice cream. I realize it's soft serve, so might not work as well as what we make at home with hard ice cream, but I'll try!

Yes, on Lido by the coffee.

Great topic!

For an early lunch, go to the "Late Risers" breakfast grill and get a fried egg and a few pieces of bacon. Move over to the burger grill get a cheeseburger. Slide the egg and the bacon onto your cheeseburger - delish.

Ok, I'm hooked...what a great idea!

At breakfast on lido, I like to get an omelet made to my liking, then get a croissant or bagel and make a sandwich, delicious!

One time they had a warm strawberry syrup for the pancakes and waffles, we used it to make a yummy strawberry sundae with the soft serve!!

Love reading all the different ideas. Can't wait until Jan. 14th (2017) to get here to try some of them!!

• 5 months later...