Best ideas for drinks with Rum-runner that makes it through!

msstarr22

I know that the secreted Rum-runners are taboo to some and to those people I am sorry you won't like this thread. I am considering Rum-runners this trip. I just don't know what to mix with my my home-made Kuluha other than coffee or milk I know you can get free coffee, juice(in the morning), tea, lemonade, milk and ice cream on the ship. The question is what drinks can be made with the above mixers? We will have rum and vodka between us as well. My best friend has fallen on hard times and I have convinced her to continue on with our trip. No shore excursions, no extra spending's. We are only bringing what we have on hand. So any ideas for a fun drink with any of the above would be greatly appreciated. Oh I know there are drinks you can do with fresh fruit, neither of us care for bananas so we really would forget about those.

You can make White and Black Russians with the Kahlua and the Vodka and the Milk. You are also allowed to bring a 12 pack of pop each, in a carry on. Bring a clear pop for the vodka, and now you have 3 different drinks besides the coffee drinks. :p

For those that suggested Crystal Light......how does that work? I'm not too familiar with Crystal Light, but I thought you have to make a whole pitcher of the stuff. We are thinking about using RR's for an upcoming cruise and filling them with vodka. I had planned on carrying on 7-up and cranberry juice, to make vodka & 7's with a splash of cranberry, but I know I'll get tired of those if that's all we have. How would we mix up a single drink in a glass using the Crystal Light?

Thanks!!:D

You can get individual packets for a small bottled water.

If you're planning on staying buzzed, along with your homemade Kahlua and Vodka, each of you can bring a 12 pack of coke aboard. Make Colorado Bulldogs: a white Russian with just a splash of coke on top .....won't take many.....

Bump!!!! I agree

Originally Posted by lindfaz

Why do people think that the rules don't relate to them. Is this what we teach our children now...to cheat and see what we can get buy with?

Too bad...so sad.

Why do some people think they have to preach to others. Is this what people teach their children? To butt in where they don't belong...

Sent from my iPad

what about the 3 liters bag of wine? will those make it to my room in checked luggage if i take it out of the box?

Take it out of the box and wrap and place it in a 2 gallon zip lock bag. Wrap it up around a nightgown or towel and it should go through. We haven't been caught - yet.

For mixing drinks, I just bought some Crystal Light Margarita mix and Mojito mix. I already tried them and they are pretty darn good. Even if you don't have the booze to put in it, they are good by themselves.

So what is everyone's opinion on whether run runners get through better than just tossing the bottle in the bag? Is the theory that it doesn't show up on the X-ray machines and such?

I wouldn't toss the bottle in the bag - sure way to get caught. It will show up that's how people get caught! Go down to the naughty room and look into the bins and see all that's been confiscated. Enough to make you wanna cry.

I wouldn't toss the bottle in the bag - sure way to get caught. It will show up that's how people get caught! Go down to the naughty room and look into the bins and see all that's been confiscated. Enough to make you wanna cry.

Ok. So it the best way to roll them up or have them flat? I would think if you have them with your shampoo/conditioner they would get inspected. Everyone seems to say they get caught using mouthwash or shampoo bottles which I don't get because they would be inspecting everyone's bottles if that was the case. Maybe it's just random.

Just make sure that anything you have left over you dump out before the flight because the bags cant take the pressure... And that is why we are dry cleaning all of our dress attire lol.

We brought Whiskey, Raspberry Vodka for Lemonade and Pineapple Fusion Bacardi for Orange juice! :) Yummy!

Just make sure that anything you have left over you dump out before the flight because the bags cant take the pressure... And that is why we are dry cleaning all of our dress attire lol.

We brought Whiskey, Raspberry Vodka for Lemonade and Pineapple Fusion Bacardi for Orange juice! :) Yummy!

Did you follow the fillling directions? I've flown with my rumrunners about 20 times and never had a leak. But, if you overfill, the seams will give out.

The trick, as the instructions show, is to fill only to the bottom of the neck, burp the air out, then seal the cap tightly. I also always put each one in a ziplock baggie for extra protection. Never even had a dribble out of any of them.

I plan of buying and using those small bottle of Dansini drops that come in all kind of flavors and have no sodium in them... I think since they are small I may take several and put with some rum or vodka... I love these little flavorings and they don't make me bloat so bad...

I know that the secreted Rum-runners are taboo to some and to those people I am sorry you won't like this thread. I am considering Rum-runners this trip. I just don't know what to mix with my my home-made Kuluha other than coffee or milk I know you can get free coffee, juice(in the morning), tea, lemonade, milk and ice cream on the ship. The question is what drinks can be made with the above mixers? We will have rum and vodka between us as well. My best friend has fallen on hard times and I have convinced her to continue on with our trip. No shore excursions, no extra spending's. We are only bringing what we have on hand. So any ideas for a fun drink with any of the above would be greatly appreciated. Oh I know there are drinks you can do with fresh fruit, neither of us care for bananas so we really would forget about those.

There aren't a lot of mixed drink recipes I can think of with Kahlua besides the White Russian, Black Russian and coffee. There are several for ice cream, but they require a blender. You could get vanilla ice cream, mix with Kahlua and instant coffee granules- I think that's called a Little Eskimo? I use the Nescafé individual packets...you can get them Hazelnut flavored; or use cold coffee, but that is a bit more thin.

That reminds me - if you can, try Coffee ice cream with Kahlua. Or Hazelnut Liquor with Kahlua - YUM!

The Dirty Brown Cow is milk, chocolate syrup and Kahlua... But how do you get chocolate syrup on a ship?

Someone mentioned the Colorado Bulldog. The Caribbean Bulldog is similar. 1 part Kahlua, 1 part Coconut Rum, 2 parts milk. Build over ice, add Coke to fill glass and stir gently.

The Kahlua Cream Soda is 2 oz Kahlua, 1 1/2 oz whipping cream or heavy cream, and 4 oz soda water or ginger ale.

Oh, Kahlua and hot cocoa is good.

Our last cruise, the drink we came up with, we called the Cabeza de Vaca. Kahlua, Coffee Tequila (a sipping tequila), and milk. We made all sorts of variations, using vanilla ice cream, coke, chocolate milk.

You guys are making me want some Kahlua now!

Archived