Oceania Suite or Vista on Riviera?

JSA123

I know I'm making a piece of work of this! I'm sure either will be just fine, but as a matter of interest does anyone have a pet favourite, or good reason to choose one over the other?

Although both Suites are absolutely gorgeous, we slightly prefer the second TV being in the Media Room in the Oceania Suites, as opposed to being in the Living Room of the Vista.

Another concern about the Vista Suites, is that their front facing position, which gives them those FANTABULOUS VIEWS (there is no other word for them, they are genuinely breathtaking), also make it necessary to diligently avoid light on the terrace (or in the Suite, unless the drapes are drawn) after dark.

Don't understand the comment about the lights after dark? Do you mean people could see in? And if so, from where?

Not for privacy, but so that the Officers can see forward in order to navigate the ship.

174405.jpg

For the same reasons why you may not have the overhead lights on in your car, when you are driving after dark. :eek:

We have been on the Riviera in an Oceania suite on deck 12 twice. We have decided to switch it up this summer and try suite 12000, a Vista suite so this thread is quite interesting.

The drapes are always closed when we return to the cabin after dinner so that is nothing unusual.

Is the terrace usable in the Med while the boat is moving, or is it just to windy. I do know the views are fabulous as we were in an owners suite up front on the Regent Voyager one summer.

We were in a Vista on Marina just below the Bridge. Our curtains were closed as well but one night we got a call asking us to turn off the lights outside. We searched and searched but couldn't find any that were on. In the end we discovered that the drapes themselves weren't completely closed (even though they appeared to be) and the small amount of light that got outside was disturbing the Bridge officers.

We haven't been in an OC yet -- will be in one of the aft suites in November -- but unlike Jim I prefer the TV in the living room! I will also miss the exercise equipment. We found the existing closet plenty big enough for us!

Oh well, different strokes ...

Mura

Archived