Why Is It We Check Weather..............

nycruise

On Other People's Cruises?

Is it to make us feel better(or worse) if we had bad weather on a similar itinerary; or is it to see if others are having the same great weather we had; or is it that we're checking to see the type of weather me might have on a future cruise(probably not very reliable)?

I notice lots of people on the boards check the weather or webcams while they're sitting at home either pre or post cruise.

Just curious.:confused:

Bermuda had a wonderful live webcam, which we can watch from home. Whether the weather be sunny or stormy, we can keep an eye on our favorite port.

We watched T.S. Gabrielle batter the port when the Dawn was in, as well as a windy rainy day this week. Most of all, I enjoy sea gazing on the port cams.

Checking the weather? No.

Scoping out the ships and port areas via webcams? Absolutely!

Always pre-planning the next cruise and eyeing the ships and ports is all part of that...well and dreaming of course. I like when the cams zoom in on the ship as I always book balcony staterooms and getting a close up of the areas I am considering is one way I determine which one to book (that and external photos found at Marine Traffic dot com).

Lots of reasons, but mainly I just love looking at cruise ships - brings back great memories and builds the anticipation of the next one.

I don't watch just for weather either, although you get a good idea of what the is when you watch some of the webcams...

this one is one of my favourites:

https://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

and this site is great if you're trying to track where the real ocean traffic is:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

Archived