Am I strange...

reedl

I do all the planning of our trips, so once our cabin is booked, flights & hotel are arranged, I don't think about what we will be doing each day of our cruise, but rather take each day as it comes and look forward to meeting the people on board and making new friends. I pre book our tours so enjoy meeting the people on them. if we encounter a problem it adds to the adventure. I will share an example, my last cruise, last week, I went thru 3 Key Cards in the span of 3 days, the last one I got had my face and some other mans.:D I called it the Comedy of Erros. The last hickup was at 10 PM when I got the card with the 2 faces and was leaving the ship for a tour the next morning. :eek:

I am still not sure if you actually think you are strange or if you are just putting down the people that discuss the subjects you list. If you are not concerned about all the trivial things, why are you here reading about them and posting this question? That goes for the rest you that agreed!

I agree! :D

I totally agree. I just don't understand how the micro-managers that need to find the ONE-PERFECT-CABIN can ever have a good time. I've stayed in cabins all over the ship...they all look the same to me.

What good is a vacation if you're going to be stressed out about insignificant things? I just don't get the point.

I do care about cabin location because I don't want to be close to a "white" area. Those are where ice machines that dump every 10 minutes are, staging for room service, supplies, etc. and do create noise with carts being pushed around, doors being slammed, etc. by the crew.

I avoid connecting cabins because noise can come from "under the door" and, in some cases, instead of a sofa, you get a chair so there is access to the connecting door.

Like another OP said, under the Lido, pool deck can cause unwanted noise with scraping chairs being moved around by passengers during the day time, the crew at night cleaning. I've read lots of complaints by the high rollers in the suites about the noise they have gotten from above. Poor planning on the designers of the ship (lol).

We've never had any noise being close to an elevator so I go for those like another OP said.

I usually go to lower decks because, as someone pointed out, the cabins in each class are identical but the lower you are the lower the price. Also, it makes me less dependent on the elevators as most things we want to go to are a deck or two up or down (Promenade, library, computer lab, main dining rooms, show room, etc.) Only time I really need an elevator is to go to the Windjammer or pool deck.

Tucker in Texas

I agree! :D

AMEN!!! Seriously, regardless of how you do things, who's right is it to poo poo on how someone else plans THEIR vacation that THEY pay for. Until someone else starts forking over the cash to pay for my vacation then I'll plan as much or as little as I want without being told someone else's opinion of how much or little is "normal". So pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbttttttttttttt!

Archived