well, they lied, twice!!

IamaTexasCruiser

I'm sorry...just a bit too much drama for what ultimately amounts to an inconvenience. You received misinformation. Lies are falsehoods with a deliberate intent to deceive and I don't think that was the case.

My thought exactly! Grow up. Don't go off on something so small. You are going on a cruise...be thankful that you are going and forget small details. With an attitude like this you could ruin your whole cruise and you won't have anyone to blame but yourself.

Call the electric company - or the gas company - or a department store - and you'll get different answers from different employees, some even sitting in the same room.....it's part and parcel of the deterioration of management, training, and customer service. It'd be wonderful if everyone was on the same page, but I haven't found any place in the last few years where you'll get the same answer to the same question from different employees...Ya just gotta roll with it.....(and check out the divider after you get to your cabin...you might find that it's hinged, and can open to accommodate you.....)

Just to throw in some food for thought. Although I LOVE my family & friends as much as the next person, there CAN be such a thing as TOO much togetherness! We've been on vacations where we shared rooms w/family or friends, and those where we didn't. Sometimes, there are just times when I NEED to have my alone time and have a way to get away! I wouldn't mind them next door, right down the hall, etc. - but privacy is a great thing too! As much as you love your family or friends, until you TRAVEL with them - it becomes a whole different thing! :) It's nice to have your own little retreat to go to, and have your own space.

Now, if I were traveling with my teens or younger age children, and wanted to have connecting rooms - that is another story. THAT would be necessary in my opinion.

Friends & family? NAH - Let them be happy, happy, happy in their own rooms and their own balconies - and you do the same! :D But...that's just me.

My thought exactly! Grow up. Don't go off on something so small. You are going on a cruise...be thankful that you are going and forget small details. With an attitude like this you could ruin your whole cruise and you won't have anyone to blame but yourself.

Are you for real. This might be small and insignificant to you but to minimize for someone else is WRONG. If you aren't planning and paying for the trip who to say how one should respond to misleading, lying, not factual information. It's no one's place to determine how important this is or should be. Some people would rather stay home that simple take a boat ride where they were deceived. Well I would or try another line, vacation standard.

OP- sadly some of these reps are dumber than a door nail and probably in some far away country and never been on a ship.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Not sure if you have a cove or not... but when we were on in March they had about half of the starboard side cove dividers opened so they could wash them. I did not take this photo, but here is an example of what I am talking about. As others have said, there are a few that can't be opened, but most of them do open.

If you have a cove, you may not need to worry.

P1030484.JPG

well, we got FTTF, so as soon as we get to the rooms, we'll slip the steward some cha-ching, and see if he can open dat der door!!!!!!!

den i be happy as a lark in a tree :)

What are your cabin numbers? I'll check with Deck Plans.

Example below:

Carnival Magic (MC)

Stateroom Descriptions – Deck 8

Ironing Room: across from stateroom 8395

2 ironing boards/irons

Connecting Balcony Partitions: The balcony partitions can be opened between some staterooms (see specific stateroom below to see if the balcony partition does connect with a specific stateroom). The Room Steward will unlock the door, upon request.

Trundle Beds/Cribs: We do not provide trundle beds on the Carnival Magic; staterooms in categories PT-GS will accommodate a portable crib.

Smoking Policy: Smoking will not be permitted in staterooms; guests may smoke (cigarettes/cigars/tobacco pipes/e-cigarettes) on balconies.

8201 8C 185/35 = 220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: window and balcony Balcony partition connects to: 8203

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; sofa and coffee table

Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table

Smoking permitted on balcony only

8202 8C 185/35 = 220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: window and balcony Balcony partition connects to: 8204

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; sofa and coffee table

8203 8C 185/35 = 220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king Cabin connects to: 8207

View: window and balcony Balcony partition connects to: 8201

Call the electric company - or the gas company - or a department store - and you'll get different answers from different employees, some even sitting in the same room...................)

Add the Internal Revenue Service. The ones who answer the phones are only right 70% of the time. And it's YOUR fault if you follow their wrong information. FWIW our tax codes is extremely complicated, but that's another thread.

[quote name='IamaTexasCruiser']9th deck, rooms 9295 and i don't have the other room number on me right now[/quote]

Per Deck Plans Site:

9295 8E 185/35 = 220 sq ft
Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed [COLOR="Red"]Cabin connects to: 9291 [/COLOR]View: window and balcony [COLOR="red"]Balcony partition connects to: 9299[/COLOR]

Possible 9295 balcony connects to 9291, you never know till you arrive and ask room steward.

[quote name='MikeM']Per Deck Plans Site:

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed [COLOR=red]Cabin connects to: 9291 [/COLOR]View: window and balcony [COLOR=red]Balcony partition connects to: 9299[/COLOR]

Possible 9295 balcony connects to 9291, you never know till you arrive and ask room steward.[/quote]

Unfortunately, balcony connects to 9599 per this site.

OP and others: check out Cruisedeckplans for this info. After picking a ship, go to bottom of page and click Extra Info and you'll get to this info!! They will also pay for photos--help build the site so others can see cabins and other areas.

[quote name='MikeM']Per Deck Plans Site:

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed [COLOR=red]Cabin connects to: 9291 [/COLOR]View: window and balcony [COLOR=red]Balcony partition connects to: 9299[/COLOR]

Possible 9295 balcony connects to 9291, you never know till you arrive and ask room steward.[/quote]

Looks like depending on which cabin the other one is - either you have connecting room and no connecting balcony possibility or your rooms are not connecting but your balcony does - you'd have to know your other cabin number to know what you actually have.

[quote] Try this link....

[URL="https://www.goccl.com/%7E/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/magic/index.ashx"]https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/...gic/index.ashx[/URL]

Click on Stateroom Descriptions and it will tell you which balconies connect.
______________[/quote]I keep this site handy after the same thing happened to us. I also had a *feeling* I wasn't being told correctly. I won't say the person lied, but it is aggravating when you get the feeling that they don't know the answer, but are in a hurry to get you booked instead. I was in customer service- veterinary clinics- for years and if I didn't know the answer, I always asked someone else! (My original PVP or whoever it was who answered the phone also told me our rooms had both connecting doors and balconies, etc. She also said that it was on a quiet floor- wrong!) I found these things out after I came on here and asked a few questions and someone shared the above link with me. I am going to check this out first before booking rooms from now on! Thankfully, I was able to switch to two cove balconies that have the possibility of opening. Also, thankfully I owe this site of knowing I have to ask ASAP once we board!

O.P...can you have your rooms switched?

We have a connecting cabin booked on the Dream for this November and I was reading a similar thread a while back and ended up calling CCL to ask if the partition on our balcony opens to connect with my SIL's balcony and I was told yes, and I was just to tell the cabin steward when we arrive, and he will take care of it. :)

Here is the link to a video I found on YOUTUBE which shows 2 connecting cabins on the Dream and a third cabin all with their balconies partitions open. (hope link works)

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=e5fRoTwq8co[/url]

[quote name='TerReuv']Try this link....

[url]https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/magic/index.ashx[/url]

Click on Stateroom Descriptions and it will tell you which balconies connect.[/QUOTE]

I would love to see the page like this for the Dream.. ???? :D

Call them ignorant. That's more accurate.

I've frequently received misinformation from Carnival reps (and people at Guest Services on the ship, as well). If I had listened to the rep who told me not to worry about the 50% deposit switching to a full deposit when I requested a change from Past Guest to Early Saver, I would have lost my booking.

[quote name='IamaTexasCruiser']"misrepresentatoin" only if they didn't know, and didn't wanna look it up

'lie' if they purposefully said what they said to get rid of me

who's to tell???

i guess we'll have to all sit in the doorway of the connecting rooms and have happy hour...............booooooo[/quote]

with this attitude right here, you are already planning on making yourself miserable during the entire cruise, and nothing will make you happy.

"I guess we'll have to all sit in the doorway of the connecting rooms and have happy hour"...what are you? 5? I hope this is a joke. I can see in my mind, a group of "adults" sitting on the floor Indian style with their arms folded.

you were told yes, you were told no...one of them is right. so somebody at carnival didn't "lie" I hope they do open for you.

[quote name='cruise_girl2002']with this attitude right here, you are already planning on making yourself miserable during the entire cruise, and nothing will make you happy.
.[/QUOTE]

You are sincerely concern about how the OP trip will go because?

OP - a case of benefit of the doubt. I am pretty certain the error was make without malice. I would be less than happy because I have a low tolerance for incompetence when it comes to my vacation. Don't forget happy hour is a state of mind, since it's always 5 pm somewhere. ENJOY

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Archived