Update from RCCL regarding ALTERED ITINERARIES...

Sorry if this was post elsewhere already, just wanted to share for those interested.

ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Royal Caribbean International is closely monitoring the path and progress of Hurricane Dennis to ensure our guests enjoy safe and comfortable cruises, as well as to ensure our ships steer clear of the storm.

The safety and comfort of our guests are always the foremost concerns of Royal Caribbean International.

Given Hurricane Dennis' current location and projected path, we are altering the itineraries of several Royal Caribbean International ships. We will update this information at 11 a.m. tomorrow.

ALTERED ITINERARIES:

Ships sailing from the Port of Miami

• Explorer of the Seas, which is currently underway, will sail a modified itinerary, remaining at sea Thursday and Friday; making a port call in Nassau, Bahamas, Saturday; and returning to Miami Sunday, as scheduled.

Ships sailing from Port Everglades

• Empress of the Seas, which is currently underway, will sail a modified itinerary, remaining at sea Thursday; making a port call in Nassau, Bahamas Friday; and returning to Port Everglades Saturday, as scheduled.

Ships sailing from Port Canaveral

• Mariner of the Seas, which is currently underway, will sail a modified itinerary, remaining at sea Thursday and Friday; making a port call in Nassau, Bahamas, Saturday; and returning to Port Canaveral Sunday, as scheduled.

Ships sailing from the Port of Galveston

• Rhapsody of the Seas, which is currently underway, will sail a modified itinerary, making port calls in Cozumel, Mexico, Thursday; Progresso, Mexico, Friday; remaining at sea Saturday; and returning to the Port of Galveston Sunday, as scheduled.

WEEKEND SAILING OUTLOOK:

The departure of three Royal Caribbean ships scheduled to leave South Florida ports on Saturday, July 9, and Sunday, July 10, also may be affected if the storm moves further East. Guests scheduled to sail on Navigator of the Seas leaving the Port of Miami and Empress of the Seas leaving Port Everglades on Saturday, as well as guests booked on Mariner of the Seas leaving Port Canaveral on Sunday, should continue to monitor this web site for additional information.

At this time, no other Royal Caribbean International ships are being affected by tropical weather. We will continue to closely monitor weather conditions and update this information at 11 a.m. tomorrow.

it doesn't mention anything about bermuda. i am sailing on sunday from port liberty. we are going to get some kind of effects from this storm. also they are predicting rain for bermuda from monday till the rest of the week,. so i am wondering what rccl will do. will we still go to bermuda since it is the only port we are scheduled for or will we go somewhere else.

What a Mess !!:(

But I'd still rather be on a ship that was rocking than sitting here...;)

Alisha

I agree, Alisha! We drove to NYC this week, up the NJ turnpike, and I SWEAR, the car tried to turn off at the Bayonne exit!!! LOL! :D

Carol

it doesn't mention anything about bermuda. i am sailing on sunday from port liberty. we are going to get some kind of effects from this storm. also they are predicting rain for bermuda from monday till the rest of the week,. so i am wondering what rccl will do. will we still go to bermuda since it is the only port we are scheduled for or will we go somewhere else.

By the time you sail, the effects of Cindy should be well past you. Boston is predicted to get some rain from it tomorrow night and Sunday. Dennis is still off of Jamaica, the last I heard, and its route is still unknown. IF it should come up the East Coast, you might experience some effects by the middle of next week while you are either in or heading back from Bermuda.

The Captain's options are pretty limited if the storm is south of the ship and heading north but I am sure he and the cruiseline will keep close tabs on it and its expected path, so that they can do their best to avoid as much of its impact as possible. Timing is pretty much everything in this kind of situation and it is far to early to predict where Dennis will go or what kind of storm he will be by the time he gets up this way. There is not anything you can really do about it, so I wouldn't waste much time worrying. Only last Sunday the forecast for this weekend was clear and warm. Now they are predicting heavy rain Friday and Saturday with clearing late Saturday. Who knows what the forecast will be by tomorrow. ;)

Archived