Reduced Air Fares from Europe

barney50

Can anyone help? I recently booked the Celebrity Reflection for next July. I got the Classic Drinks package. I did not get the Reduced Air Fare from £149 per person. I am flying from Dublin to Rome and the charge on the invoice is £299 per person.Any info gratefully appreciated.

Can anyone help? I recently booked the Celebrity Reflection for next July. I got the Classic Drinks package. I did not get the Reduced Air Fare from £149 per person. I am flying from Dublin to Rome and the charge on the invoice is £299 per person.Any info gratefully appreciated.

I think what you are saying is that you have, at present, booked your flights with Celebrity but think that £299pp is high because you did not get the "Reduced Air Fare". Celebrity flights work differently in North America.

In the UK [and, I believe, Ireland] the price on your invoice includes your transfers from the airport to the port [or airport to hotel and hotel to port if you have booked a hotel stay with Celebrity]. The price on your invoice, therefore, cannot be compared with prices quoted by airlines. The price may still be high, even allowing for the cost of transfers, because there is a little more flexibility in your booking through Celebrity as the cheapest flights direct from the airline - you MAY be able to cancel or change your Celebrity flights without penalty if necessary.

If you still do not want to pay the price through Celebrity, you should be free to cancel the flights at this stage and book your own separately. However, if there are problems with your flight and you may not arrive at the port in time, you would receive not assistance from Celebrity to get to the ship.

The choice is yours!

Sue

Thank you for your replies. I did book directly with Celebrity and the airfare does include transfers from the airport to the port. I think this explains it for when I price the flights only with Aer Lingus they are coming out at over €600. So the Celebrity price is ok.:)

the deal is flights from £149 per person from the UK. We asked when we booked, which come in at £149 and only 1 flight from London did. Ours have been charged from Manchester at £199. I have to say we priced it with Jet 2 direct and celebrity price came in a lot less and it includes transfers. I'm happy with it.

You can cancel the flight element if you can do it cheaper yourself - don't forget to price in transfers and the risk of doing it yourself if the light gets delayed etc

Archived