Cost of Palo going up

wdwlvr

Yes......and for friends here only, I can tell you all a secret......

If you talk nicely to your MDR head server they may, get you palo soufflé in the MDR one night.

We have done it a few times.

But don't say I said so, say the 'other forum' said so, blame them!

We have been told yes and no on this. Whether the "can't be done" represents a policy change or whatever other reason, I can't say...but the response from the head server (actually head of dining room) was that they can't do that any more. Good luck--things do change from one cruise to another or one CM to another.

We have been told yes and no on this. Whether the "can't be done" represents a policy change or whatever other reason' date=' I can't say...but the response from the head server (actually head of dining room) was that they can't do that any more. Good luck--things do change from one cruise to another or one CM to another.[/quote']

I agree it might be down to the team on we have done it a number of times.

Not that I like price hikes, but I still think Palo will offer reasonable value at the new prices. Perhaps another comparison should be with what other cruise lines charge for their speciality restaurants? We have paid more than the new Palo charges to eat in Celebrity's offerings like Murano and Qsine and weren't disappointed. I personally prefer Palo.

Richard

Not that I like price hikes, but I still think Palo will offer reasonable value at the new prices. Perhaps another comparison should be with what other cruise lines charge for their speciality restaurants? We have paid more than the new Palo charges to eat in Celebrity's offerings like Murano and Qsine and weren't disappointed. I personally prefer Palo.

Richard

Agree and to be honest if one goes up they all go up and match. Palo is good and worth it, note to Diisney do not put it up again!

So, how do we get to eat there more than once. We booked once online, but that is all we can do. Is there a sign in once onboard if you want to do additional nights at Palo?

We are on the Wonder in just under 4 weeks.

Absolutely,

Ask to be directed to the dining requests area aboard that ship when you board to be sure to be early!

You will be shown or directed to where you can ask to alter and add dining requests ad all requests will be made if possible :)

ex techie

So, how do we get to eat there more than once. We booked once online, but that is all we can do. Is there a sign in once onboard if you want to do additional nights at Palo?

We are on the Wonder in just under 4 weeks.

You can book one of each thing (brunch, dinner) on line in advance. After boarding, go to the location indicated on the Navigator for "Palo reservations" or just call Palo. Tell them that you would like to add additional bookings if they are available. You won't be able to book on the embarkation day (they let everyone have a fair chance at one reservation before anyone except concierge guests get additional), but on day 2 you are likely to get a phone call about what is available.

It is a poorly kept secret that concierge guests can get additional bookings on day 1.

Thanks Ex techie and moki'smommy for the information. Exactly what I needed. I will get in touch with Palo as soon as boarding. I will also have to go back and see if it will let me add the brunch online. I didn't see any openings, but maybe I didn't look close enough.

Just an added note someone touched on earlier - if you already have a ressie booked - your price remains the same - the increase applies to NEW reservations :) Im glad I had mine booked - but in the scheme of the world an extra $10 would not have killed me

I do not think that's what was meant there, it's a term of speaking.

I think we're considering perceived value verses costs.

Unfortunately I've met people who have had their vacation planned down to the penny--even figuring out what they will order at restaurants and calculating the tax and tip. The ones who sleep in the car while driving to Disney because the $30 room booked on Priceline is more than their budget will allow. These type of people often are the ones having last minute garage sales to raise the funds they need because gasoline is up $.10 a gallon over what they had budgeted and they don't have the extra $15 in their bank account to cover it. It's really sad when you think about it.

If my finances were that tight we'd be staying home and going for a bike ride in the county park with a picnic lunch, visiting the local art museum, and playing a round of putt-putt for our vacation.

Unfortunately I've met people who have had their vacation planned down to the penny--even figuring out what they will order at restaurants and calculating the tax and tip. The ones who sleep in the car while driving to Disney because the $30 room booked on Priceline is more than their budget will allow. These type of people often are the ones having last minute garage sales to raise the funds they need because gasoline is up $.10 a gallon over what they had budgeted and they don't have the extra $15 in their bank account to cover it. It's really sad when you think about it.

If my finances were that tight we'd be staying home and going for a bike ride in the county park with a picnic lunch, visiting the local art museum, and playing a round of putt-putt for our vacation.

Yes and I have met these people, and they, ' May' cut server tips as they 'can't afford them' or take Booz in the MDR in a flask and serving when servers are not there.

But the post you responded to wasn't making that point IMHO. :)

Archived