Half Moon Cay Question!

cincin102110

Hey there!

For all those who have been to HMC... if you do not get a Cabana are there any Shady spots or an option to rent an umbrella. I have had a Melanoma diagnosis in the past so hot sun for hours upon hours is unfortunately not an option :(.

Thanks!

Hey there!

For all those who have been to HMC... if you do not get a Cabana are there any Shady spots or an option to rent an umbrella. I have had a Melanoma diagnosis in the past so hot sun for hours upon hours is unfortunately not an option :(.

Thanks!

You can rent a clamshell thing. There are also shady spots without renting something.

Have fun! it's one of my favorite stops!

Awesome! Thanks so much, good to know.. we were back and forth about doing the Cabana.. but I think we are just going to use the money and upgrade to a Premium Balcony on the Pride. We sail in May... feels sooooo far away lol. Thanks again!

How much is the clamshell to rent? Do you pay with S&S card?

Do you pay with S&S card at the bar?

Do they sell tshirts & other souvenirs? Again, S&S card?

Just wondering if there is any need for cash. Tips maybe?

Also, do they have any floaty things for rent?

I believe the clamshell is $19.99 and you do use your S&S card.

As posted, clamshell is 19.99 with SS card. Floatie mat is 14.99 with card. There is a rental cabin soon after getting off your tender; there is another one just past the pirate ship bar. Not sure about souvenirs; didn't notice anything like that. Find a rock to prop up the back of your clamshell about 6-8 inches; it will allow air flow to cool things. You can usually find one right behind where the clamshell is placed.We never brought cash. 15% gratuity is in the drink price. Lunch is there also. Burgers, dogs, and jerk chicken. A good selection of more exotic than usual salads. Some basic cookies and brownies. Fruit. water, ice tea, and I think lemonade available. Multiple picnic shelters. Watch for the chickens and roosters!

It's a great day at a great beach.

You don't need to rent a cabana and you don't need a clamshell either (those things are really hot when you're under them).

We were there last year in December and just to the left of the little hut where you buy the floats and clamshells there is a row of trees that provide plenty of shade. It was a perfect spot to relax and enjoy the beach for the day.

Having rented both the Private Oasis & the Cabana I can say both were well worth the money. However we did have 16 people both times we rented them, so the cost wasn't too great. For just 2 people you really don't need to spend the extra money. Enjoy HMC is my all time favorite stop!

There is a shop that sells souvenirs and takes your S&S card. There is also a small straw market with local products - that one takes cash only.

Get there early (we had the FTTF and were first off the ship) and go down to right before the pirate ship bar. There is a large area that has many trees shading about 100 lounge chairs. It was shade until about 1:30 pm. Good location away from the biggest crowds and near food with good bar service.

It is actually very shady, the pic came out brighter for some reason:

IMG_0202.jpg

this area is right in front of this Cabana (which was never used- they did not seem worth the money for sure):

IMG_0199.jpg

View from my chair:

IMG_0198.jpg

Our chair area and just off the right of us back out in the open (those are the clam shells that are on the ground behind the chairs off to our right...Everyone says they are hot as you loose the breeze):

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

Awesome! Thanks so much, good to know.. we were back and forth about doing the Cabana.. but I think we are just going to use the money and upgrade to a Premium Balcony on the Pride. We sail in May... feels sooooo far away lol. Thanks again!

Do the premium balcony. 6232, 7258, 8232 have triple length balconies that have loungers on them. I've sailed with them 4 times now and really don't want to ever look at. Regular balcony again.

We found shade by the cabanas under some trees and had an awesome day.

Enjoy! I'll be there in 5 weeks!!!

Having rented both the Private Oasis & the Cabana I can say both were well worth the money. However we did have 16 people both times we rented them, so the cost wasn't too great. For just 2 people you really don't need to spend the extra money. Enjoy HMC is my all time favorite stop!

I rented two of the Villas for our 20 person group. One reason is for the a/c. I wasn't sure if the Oasis had air. We will be at Half Moon Cay in July. My elderly mom, myself and DH do not do well in heat.

Do you know if the Oasis has A/C?

thanks

I rented two of the Villas for our 20 person group. One reason is for the a/c. I wasn't sure if the Oasis had air. We will be at Half Moon Cay in July. My elderly mom, myself and DH do not do well in heat.

Do you know if the Oasis has A/C?

thanks

The Oasis doesn't have any "indoor" area so there is no air. It is really just a huge covered area. But the open bar, lunch, snacks & the service were amazing. We had a bartender, 2 cocktail servers, 2 stewards to clean up & 3 cooks. We all agreed that we could have turned around gone home after that day it was so perfect & fun.

You don't need to rent a cabana and you don't need a clamshell either (those things are really hot when you're under them).

We were there last year in December and just to the left of the little hut where you buy the floats and clamshells there is a row of trees that provide plenty of shade. It was a perfect spot to relax and enjoy the beach for the day.

How cold was the water in December? We are going there this coming December and being too cold to swim would be disappointing.

Have rented the cabanas twice (small ones) and thought it was worth every penny.

The Oasis doesn't have any "indoor" area so there is no air. It is really just a huge covered area. But the open bar, lunch, snacks & the service were amazing. We had a bartender, 2 cocktail servers, 2 stewards to clean up & 3 cooks. We all agreed that we could have turned around gone home after that day it was so perfect & fun.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds wonderful. Did you have any children in your group? We have 7 and I am wondering if they would be pay the same additional fee?

How cold was the water in December? We are going there this coming December and being too cold to swim would be disappointing.

Have rented the cabanas twice (small ones) and thought it was worth every penny.

Th water was absolutely perfect. Very relaxing. We were on the island for about 6 hours and I only got out of water twice

• 4 weeks later...
Get there early (we had the FTTF and were first off the ship) and go down to right before the pirate ship bar. There is a large area that has many trees shading about 100 lounge chairs. It was shade until about 1:30 pm. Good location away from the biggest crowds and near food with good bar service.

It is actually very shady, the pic came out brighter for some reason:

IMG_0202.jpg

this area is right in front of this Cabana (which was never used- they did not seem worth the money for sure):

IMG_0199.jpg

View from my chair:

IMG_0198.jpg

Our chair area and just off the right of us back out in the open (those are the clam shells that are on the ground behind the chairs off to our right...Everyone says they are hot as you loose the breeze):

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

great pics. we've been debating ourselves about the cabana. i'm back n forth about it. yes would be nice, but I know as well the trees are good for shade. thanks for posting these pics :)

Was just there last week with the splendor and had a cabana which I absolutely loved. We were quite a ways up the beach and had plenty of peace and quiet. However, many late comers were disappointed when they couldn't find lounge chairs. HMC is my absolute favorite port so far... Just love it!:D

The entire island is S&S...there is no cash exchanged on HMC.

Archived