Eclipse aft-facing cabins

NoobCruise

How much overhang shade protection do the aft facing cabins on the Eclipse have? We're considering the 14 day southern caribbean. We prefer as much shade as possible.

The top deck (12 on Eclipse) has the most shade, but I think you'll have the most noise.

Scroll down, there is a helpful picture here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=943910

How much overhang shade protection do the aft facing cabins on the Eclipse have? We're considering the 14 day southern caribbean. We prefer as much shade as possible.

Not only do the aft cabins NOT offer shade, but on our 14 day Caribbean cruise this past March, our balcony was basically unusable due to heavy soot. We are. Back to booking non-aft cabins on S class ships. Would suggest you do the same. Cheaper and more user friendly!

Just got back from a 12 day cruise on the Med in Equinox, the sister ship to Eclipse. We had an aft cabin 1206-which had a bigger balcony than most. We loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat. Views spectacular, and yes definitely sunshine-but that's why we booked it. Never had to go by the pool on sea days because I had my own little piece of heaven. This was September and perhaps cooler than the hot summer days for sure-and no soot to speak of for the entire 12 days. :)

Archived