Guaranteed Cabins on Carnival Spirit

Hi Everyone , :)

We are booked into guaranteed Balcony cabins on the Carnival Spirit , my question is ..

Has anyone been on this ship previously on guaranteed cabins ,do you know when they allocate the cabins?I have studied where all the balcony cabins are and there is big possibility that we get the lowest possible balcony cabins ,they are obstructed by the life boats and the balconies cannot be used .

I am hoping to know when they allocate cabins, so that I can ring the travel agent to change if we get the worst cabins .

Can anyone answer this question .When do Carnival do allocations?

Cheers Deb :)

We are booked into guaranteed Balcony cabins on the Carnival Spirit , my question is ..

Has anyone been on this ship previously on guaranteed cabins ,do you know when they allocate the cabins?I have studied where all the balcony cabins are and there is big possibility that we get the lowest possible balcony cabins ,they are obstructed by the life boats and the balconies cannot be used .

I am hoping to know when they allocate cabins, so that I can ring the travel agent to change if we get the worst cabins .

Deb any guarantee cabin can be allocated anytime up till check in time, its a waiting game

Deb any guarantee cabin can be allocated anytime up till check in time, its a waiting game

Thanks rkmw ,:)

I just hate the waiting game ..You never know I might get a really great cabin ,fingers crossed , I have checking everyday to see if they have allocated us a cabin yet.

Hi Jacquie, Someone said you cant use the balcony if it's a obstructed view balcony , can you comfirm this ?

Thanks Deb

They probably just meant they didn't get the view benefits.

You can still practically use the balcony, and it's the same as other cabins in most cases. Just you have a tender in front of you. Again, varying by cabin, your view can vary due to the position of cabin vs tender.

I think I can answer this one, I have done a fair bit of research regarding Carnival Spirit's obstructed balcony cabins prior to our booking.

If you have booked a balcony guarantee then the lowest category you can be allocated are the obstructed view balcony cabins on deck 5 (upper deck).

These cabins have fully usable balconies and the ones adjacent to the tender boats ( the first 3 boats on each side) have the top of the boats coming up to the railing on their balconies so you can see the sea looking out whilst standing but are obviously quite obstructed when sitting on your balcony. All the other cabins in this category (aft of the first three boats) are adjacent to the much lower life boats and the top of these boats only comes up level with the floor of your balcony so they are only obstructed looking straight down.

I think the cabins you are referring to without usable balconies are the "French Door" cabins on deck 4. From what I understand these are almost totally obstructed and whilst you can open these doors they have no actual balcony there is just a narrow walkway and the hull of the boats out side these cabins. If you booked a Balcony guarantee you would not be allocated one of these as they are a lower category referred to as 'obstructed inside cabins'. If you're not sure maybe check with Carnival or your TA.

I hope you get a good one.:)

Edited by Bella cruiser

I think I can answer this one, I have done a fair bit of research regarding Carnival Spirit's obstructed balcony cabins prior to our booking.

If you have booked a balcony guarantee then the lowest category you can be allocated are the obstructed view balcony cabins on deck 5 (upper deck).

These cabins have fully usable balconies and the ones adjacent to the tender boats ( the first 3 boats on each side) have the top of the boats coming up to the railing on there balconies so you can see the sea looking out whilst standing but are obviously quite obstructed when sitting on your balcony. All the other cabins in this category (aft of the first three boats) are adjacent to the much lower life boats and the top of these boats only comes up level with the floor of your balcony so they are only obstructed looking straight down.

I think the cabins you are referring to without usable balconies are the "French Door" cabins on deck 4. From what I understand these are almost totally obstructed and whilst you can open these doors they have no actual balcony there is just a narrow walkway and the hull of the boats out side these cabins. If you booked a Balcony guarantee you would not be allocated one of these as they are a lower category referred to as 'obstructed inside cabins'. If your not sure maybe check with Carnival or you TA.

I hope you get a good one.:)

Thankyou Bella cruiser, very interesting ,:) what I thought is if you have a lifeboat in front of you , you weren't allowed to use the balcony at all , you have put my mind to rest thanks .your research is very well explained.

Travel agent wasn't very helpful when I contacted him today:( .Won't be using them again .:(

I hope so to , it is the luck of the draw.

Deb

Thankyou Bella cruiser, very interesting ,:) what I thought is if you have a lifeboat in front of you , you weren't allowed to use the balcony at all , you have put my mind to rest thanks .your research is very well explained.

Travel agent wasn't very helpful when I contacted him today:( .Won't be using them again .:(

I hope so to , it is the luck of the draw.

Deb

Hi Deb I forgot to say if you want to check out what these cabins/balconies look like just search 'obstructed view balconies Carnival Spirit or Carnival Legend '(sister ship) on youtube heaps of people have posted short videos.

When do Carnival do allocations?

Hi Deb

We did a Carnival cruise in June our allocation came through 2 weeks before we cruised...not saying thems the rules but was for us..... cheers Shiona

Hi Deb

We did a Carnival cruise in June our allocation came through 2 weeks before we cruised...not saying thems the rules but was for us..... cheers Shiona

Hi Shiona ,thank you :),looks like I may have a long wait .were you happy with the cabin?

Cheers Deb

Hi Deb I forgot to say if you want to check out what these cabins/balconies look like just search 'obstructed view balconies Carnival Spirit or Carnival Legend '(sister ship) on youtube heaps of people have posted short videos.

Thanks Bella , only took me a couple of hours to check them out I got so involved in them :),some are hardly obstructed at all. :DCheers Deb

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I just booked a guaranteed balcony for next year on the Spirit. I have printed out all the deck plans & available cabins so know at this point what's available & will keep checking. I have weighed this up with booking a set cabin for more money... I'll take my chance, will put the savings towards the drink bill. I'm fairly happy with the current availabilities even though it's still a few months away.

Fingers crossed for you.

I am on a Guaranteed but on Princess (Carnival Group) and three weeks out. No allocation as yet. I have heard at the 10 day mark. The cruise is now a sell out. I have spoken to the TA and to a Princess rep at a Cruise fair and the rep said that they can be allocated at any time up to check in. he said that when looking at upgrades, they (I am thinking computer) work out who has paid more for the cruise and upgrade them. Doesn't sound all that plausible to me. Not sure if I prefer just to know where I am, or ponder if I am up for an upgrade.:o

Pushka

If the cruise is booked out they may offer to "bump" you off the cruise completely. This usually happens about 5 to 7 days from departure

We were on the Diamond Princess last November Bangkok to Sydney when Princess e mailed us asking us to accept a cancellation with a full refund and a free similar cruise in two or three months time with all air transfers paid. Also a cabin upgrade from what we had on Diamond. It was very tempting but we had psyched ourselves up for months to take the cruise and knocked the offer back We met quite a few others on the cruise that had received similar offers.

The ship had been overbooked and they were trying to fit in other passengers who obviously were paying a lot more than we had for this particular cruise, thus the generous offer to us I have heard they overbook most cruises hoping for cancellations anyway

There are a lot of funny things that go on in this game

John

Pushka

If the cruise is booked out they may offer to "bump" you off the cruise completely. This usually happens about 5 to 7 days from departure

We were on the Diamond Princess last November Bangkok to Sydney when Princess e mailed us asking us to accept a cancellation with a full refund and a free similar cruise in two or three months time with all air transfers paid. Also a cabin upgrade from what we had on Diamond. It was very tempting but we had psyched ourselves up for months to take the cruise and knocked the offer back We met quite a few others on the cruise that had received similar offers.

The ship had been overbooked and they were trying to fit in other passengers who obviously were paying a lot more than we had for this particular cruise, thus the generous offer to us I have heard they overbook most cruises hoping for cancellations anyway

There are a lot of funny things that go on in this game

John

We wouldn't take it either. We've paid for flights to Sydney from Adelaide, one nights accommodation in Sydney, Insurance specifically for this trip which was very much age related as I'm doing this cruise as a last one with my mum, and there's no way they'd stump up for all those lost costs as well as the upgrade etc. The timing is important for us.

Hi Deb! (long time no see :D)

I have personally stayed in the obstructed balcony cabins on Carnival Spirit (the cheapest balcony cabin). Yes, you can use the balcony and you can see straight over the top of them by the way they are positioned. The top of the lifeboat is almost parallel to the floor of the balcony. There might be some obstruction when looking down to the water depending on which one they allocated. Can't go wrong really!

Deb

Hi

I just booked a guaranteed balcony for next year on the Spirit. I have printed out all the deck plans & available cabins so know at this point what's available & will keep checking. I have weighed this up with booking a set cabin for more money... I'll take my chance, will put the savings towards the drink bill. I'm fairly happy with the current availabilities even though it's still a few months away.

Fingers crossed for you.

Hi Maxx

Can you please point me in the direction of looking up available cabins on Spirit cruises? I didn't realise that was possible but if it is, I'm intrigued to see how bookings are going on my 2 future Spirit sailings.

Many thanks.

Phil

Hi Maxx

Can you please point me in the direction of looking up available cabins on Spirit cruises? I didn't realise that was possible but if it is, I'm intrigued to see how bookings are going on my 2 future Spirit sailings.

Many thanks.

Phil

you can go to the Carnival site http://www.carnival.com.au/ and do a dummy booking and it will tell you whats vacant

Hi Maxx

Many thanks.

Phil

Hi Phil

It's tedious, I looked at available cabins through Icruise & Ecrusing, printed off available cabins & highlighted them. I know this changes but we got a fair idea of where we could end up before we finalised today.

TA told me today that the category will be 8A minimum.

The price was too good to miss.

I found the Carnival deck plans too small that's why I used the other sites.

Cheers

Maxx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...