Bahamas in december question.......

tandtmk04

Hello! I am looking at @ 3 night Cruise to the Bahamas in December on the Sensation. But, I was wondering how warm is it in December? Is the water still warm enough to snorkel etc?

Your info. would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello! I am looking at @ 3 night Cruise to the Bahamas in December on the Sensation. But, I was wondering how warm is it in December? Is the water still warm enough to snorkel etc?

Thanks!

Bahamas are more on the level with Florida in winter. Depends on how cool you like your water. My daughter could not get in the water, but my sister didn't mind the cool water. Me, the water has to be downright warm for me to get it.

Thanks!

We have been to the Bahamas several times during December and have always found both the outside air temperature and the water temperature to be perfect. And I personally like a warmer water temperature. You'll love it. Go and enjoy.

The temperature varies a lot in December. We happened to cruise to the Bahamas during an unusual December cold spell, which had locals wearing winter coats and gloves. On our two port days, it was in the upper fifties and windy. Not warm enough to do more than dip our feet in the ocean, even for northerners like us, and I believe water excursions were cancelled. On our sea day, the sun came out and it must have been in the seventies. On the other hand, you're more likely to get warmer weather and be fine to snorkel. Just pack for a variety of temperatures and be prepared in case you're unlucky and hit a cold spell.

Bring a sweatshirt just in case. In Dec a few years back, we got a major cold front for over a week and included wind. Put a real damper on my Sensation cruise. While debarking at Canaveral, the weather was worse. It is unusual to get that type of weather though, so not too many were prepared (except the stores that sold souvenier sweatshirts)

Archived