Adventure of the Seas-Would you take JS 1352 or JS 1694?

Hi All...

Just booked this week. Can't decide. We can do JS 1694 or JS 1352 (JS 9238 is also option).

Has anyone sailed in any of these and what is your opinion? I'm not sure that the "darkness" of the balcony is a good thing in the Aft JS. Does anyone have pictures of 1352 or 1694?

We are sailing on the 1 Dec cruise and want this to be a great one so trying to pick the BEST room! :)

Hi All...

Just booked this week. Can't decide. We can do JS 1694 or JS 1352 (JS 9238 is also option).

Has anyone sailed in any of these and what is your opinion? I'm not sure that the "darkness" of the balcony is a good thing in the Aft JS. Does anyone have pictures of 1352 or 1694?

We are sailing on the 1 Dec cruise and want this to be a great one so trying to pick the BEST room! :)

If you want a HUGE balcony, take 1694.

I am sure that most of the people who reply will tell you to grab the aft JS because of the huge balcony and quiet location.

We took that advice once and booked coveted cabins 1388 and 1390, and were very disappointed. There is a crisscross of beams obstructing the view, and to us, it was like overlooking a construction zone. The balconies get a lot of sun, and there is no crossbreeze to temper the heat, so it feels like an oven back there. You cannot look straight down to the water because the decks below you are staggered outwards, and then deck 5 extends very far outward. There is a bright spotlight out there at night that can be rather blinding and intrusive. In the morning, there was soot on our balcony, plus the balconies were wet from the runoff of water from cleaning the WJ windows and the sports deck above overnight.

Just wanted to tell you the other side of the story because if someone had told me, it would have saved me the disappointment we felt with this cabin. The large balcony was NOT worth it to us. I would MUCH rather have a smaller side-facing balcony with a perfectly clear view both outward and downward, in a location closer to the elevator/stair lobby to make it more efficient to get around to the various venues on the ship.

1694 every time for me. We love the deck 10 afts on Voyager/Freedom class, we were in 1394 on Navigator 2 weeks ago, see pics.

Like all of the afts on deck 10 the room is a bit longer than normal cabins which means as well as the big balcony the room is bigger too.

I was worried the balcony would get no sun but we had it either early morning (for breakfast) or late afternoon. I'd book this again in a heartbeat.

Julie

Nav1.jpg.dfdaddce9bb31f9a30b1c588e1eebb6e.jpg

Nav2.jpg.b608b8181c710fbe2e303d5acd45fc21.jpg

Nav3.jpg.f8e766e4929f84bd18ea5cd37e271325.jpg

Nav4.jpg.0bb79783fc154fba9ace8de2cac5dc3e.jpg

Archived