Wonder if Oct 6th is really sold out?

jessicak76

just wondering if Sundays cruise on Breakaway out of NYC is really sold out, or does NCL just change the cabin status to sold out two days prior to sailing? J

POA is still showing cabins available for its October 5 sailing and it still seems to be letting you book online so I would assume the cabins you are seeing are truly sold out.

The last two weeks there was a "fire sale" on the cabins. I am on this sailing and so disappointed! There were many, many, many cabins available two weeks ago. Now all seem to be sold. I guess we are not among the lucky cruisers that sailed in a less than sold out ship the last few weeks. Now we are a full sailing with many last minute bargain basement sales on cabins. Oh, well, it was nice to hope that we could enjoy the Breakaway that seemed to be so pleasant the past few weeks.

I thought they closed out all bookings at 48 hours before sailing.

Maybe POA is an exception rather than the rule? :confused: I did a dummy booking online for Oct 5 and it let me complete it. Wow, I've never sailed on a completely sold out ship before. I wonder what that will be like.

The last two weeks there was a "fire sale" on the cabins. I am on this sailing and so disappointed! There were many, many, many cabins available two weeks ago. Now all seem to be sold. I guess we are not among the lucky cruisers that sailed in a less than sold out ship the last few weeks. Now we are a full sailing with many last minute bargain basement sales on cabins. Oh, well, it was nice to hope that we could enjoy the Breakaway that seemed to be so pleasant the past few weeks.

Don't get too upset just yet. There is a HUGE difference between a sold-out sailing, and a sailing at full capacity.

Most cruises are sold out. Cruise lines utilize various upsell strategies to move guests into higher categories, so they can sell the lower categories at reduced rates. When the ship is ready to go, there are very rarely any staterooms that are empty, unless there have been very last minute cancellations.

The crowded situations being reported recently were a result of the ship sailing at full capacity - meaning there are a large percentage of staterooms which are holding the maximum number of guests. This most often is the case during the times when school is not in session - summer, and holidays or school breaks.

The chances of you experiencing those conditions is slim to none. Relax, go and enjoy a blissful week on the Breakaway and in Bermuda.

:)

Thanks all, just wanted to bounce what I saw on ncl.com with everyone. I soooo need a vaca. Looking forward to Sunday!!

Safe travels to all my shipmates.

Bon Voyage!

We were on the Breakaway last week, our Concierge said the ship was "Sold Out"/"At Full Capacity"

Embarkation, on-board experience, and disembarkation was smooth, no long lines anywhere, room at the restaurants for last-minute decisions, etc. Even the pool areas and water slides were busy but not jam-packed, with PLENTY of available chairs, on sea days.

Go Enjoy!

Ships try not to sail with less than a full ship. Supply and demand with pricing changes are used to fill the ships. Prices will continue to drop to get the numbers they are looking for.

What people don't realize there is a WHOLE big secondary market of travel industry employees that can fill these last minute bookings easily. Rates are give away. :)

No cruiseline sits back and keeps prices above their load goals.

I believe the passenger list has to be confirmed only 24 hours ahead now. So booking up until that time.

Archived