Diminished Elite Benefits?

AJs Grandpa

[quote name='Thrak']I'm sooooooooooo far from Elite that, by the time I make it there, it's likely there will be no extras at all.

Guess I'll just have to enjoy myself immensely anyway. :D[/QUOTE]

We used to think that too. After the first leg of our B2B2B, we will be Elite. Happens before you know it.

Nice meeting you on the Grand BVE.

Cheers, Denise

One thing that I find frustrating is if something is promoted or advertised as a benefit of a level like elite or a cabin type you should NOT have to ask for it. Or in some cases beg for it or track it down. I think that is very lousy customer service. Obviously, they hope you don't ask. Even the chintzy champagne on arrival in the mini suites. We had 3 cabins with 3 different stewards and it was not offered to one of us. I don't care if it is swill ... They make it sound like a big deal so why do I have to track it down. So I say, make sure you get what you are supposed to. Otherwise, they will just keep on skimping at your expense.

[quote name='Avalon35']One thing that I find frustrating is if something is promoted or advertised as a benefit of a level like elite or a cabin type you should NOT have to ask for it. Or in some cases beg for it or track it down. I think that is very lousy customer service. Obviously, they hope you don't ask. Even the chintzy champagne on arrival in the mini suites. We had 3 cabins with 3 different stewards and it was not offered to one of us. I don't care if it is swill ... They make it sound like a big deal so why do I have to track it down. So I say, make sure you get what you are supposed to. Otherwise, they will just keep on skimping at your expense.[/QUOTE]

I do not beg, I do not scream. I simply submit a request at the customer service desk, put it in the box, with my name and cabin number on it. Amazing what putting something in writing will do. The issue has always been cleared up.

I do not beg, I do not scream. I simply submit a request at the customer service desk, put it in the box, with my name and cabin number on it. Amazing what putting something in writing will do. The issue has always been cleared up.

I do think that is a good idea about the customer service desk if you have an issue. But my original comment was referring to those things that are touted as benefits/perqs of either a cabin type or elite level etc. I don't think I should have to bring a printout of the perks/benefits with me to make sure I receive them and check them off. I know some of the more experienced Princess cruisers know what to expect, what they like or don't like, and may or may not care whether they get them. But I would like to experience it first and then I can say the same thing. In any case, good customer service makes sure that those bennies are there and available. I and our 3 travelling companions in our 3 minisuites would have liked to have been offered the swill champagne on our recent cruise - without having to ask, or bring a printout or the excuse that the steward is busy because it is turnaround day. We never got it. Princess shouldn't advertise it if they can't deliver it. BTW - I really like the Princess product, this is just a pet peeve.:D

Just returned from the Crown and received all the toilitries. Had to ask for slippers but did get them. Unfortunately no sewing kit or eye mask but did not have to ask for anything else it was all in the cabin when we arrived. Think it is down to the cabin stewards as in the past I have had to ask for them

I do think that is a good idea about the customer service desk if you have an issue. But my original comment was referring to those things that are touted as benefits/perqs of either a cabin type or elite level etc. I don't think I should have to bring a printout of the perks/benefits with me to make sure I receive them and check them off. I know some of the more experienced Princess cruisers know what to expect, what they like or don't like, and may or may not care whether they get them. But I would like to experience it first and then I can say the same thing. In any case, good customer service makes sure that those bennies are there and available. I and our 3 travelling companions in our 3 minisuites would have liked to have been offered the swill champagne on our recent cruise - without having to ask, or bring a printout or the excuse that the steward is busy because it is turnaround day. We never got it. Princess shouldn't advertise it if they can't deliver it. BTW - I really like the Princess product, this is just a pet peeve.:D

You don't have to bring them with you, they are on the Princess website (you have to sign in) and if you have any sort of smartphone or tablet or laptop with you, you can haul it out. Access to the Princess website is free.

I should have a quiet word with the Captain's Club/Future cruises representatives if there is an issue regarding loyalty perks. They are all very competent people and will give you sound advice. I have never had a problem with getting my benefits, but my upcoming cruise in 2 weeks will be my first as Elite. I did call Princess as my reservation still showed as Platinum and they "refreshed the reservation" which seemed to do the trick. I have no doubt the onboard people can pull the strings in the right direction so that if you missed a perk, that it would be made up to you. As for the champagne, if they screw up, smile and suggest they make it up to you at one of the intermediate ports of call where you anticipate a memorable sail away. I am as impatient as the next guy, but aboard ship, you get a lot more accomplished by going with the flow. They want it to work out for you, remember, so you will be back.

Just returned from the Crown and received all the toilitries. Had to ask for slippers but did get them. Unfortunately no sewing kit or eye mask but did not have to ask for anything else it was all in the cabin when we arrived. Think it is down to the cabin stewards as in the past I have had to ask for them

When the cabin steward, that first afternoon, comes to introduce himself, that is a good time to bring up such things. I always brief him on what times I'd like my cabin serviced, that I prefer sheets over the duvet on the bed, if they've put minibar items I would have to pay for in the room, to please remove them, that sort of thing. They want you to do that. Best to do it up front, on Day 1.

On my last cruise on Coral, I gained Elite status.

The letter that I received from the Hostess outlined the 'Many Elite Benefits'. However these made no mention of upgraded toiletries [amenities], towels, slippers, or sewing kit.

However my wife and I were more than satisfied with the many items that were included.:)

john

Archived