allegrissimo package question w/friends?

tbmrt

Our friends are thinking of going on our cruise. We have prebooked the Allegrissimo package through MSC.

How does this work with tablemates? If we ask to sit together beforehand, will they need to take this package also? Thought I remember reading something about this on the MSC site, but it doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks

From what I understand, all people in the same cabin must have the same package--not at your dinner table. Imagine you were seated at a table of 10. It's not reasonable to ask that everyone has purchased a packaged, or the same package for that matter :)

I too thought it was just your cabin mate that had to take the package as well which I can understand.....HOWEVER just found out from a director in the Miami office who sent me the complete description of the packages that EVERYONE in your group, if you are all connected together as our group is so we can sit together at dinner, MUST take it as well. Absolutely ridiculous!!!!!:mad: especially when one in our group does not drink at all.

I too thought it was just your cabin mate that had to take the package as well which I can understand.....HOWEVER just found out from a director in the Miami office who sent me the complete description of the packages that EVERYONE in your group, if you are all connected together as our group is so we can sit together at dinner, MUST take it as well. Absolutely ridiculous!!!!!:mad: especially when one in our group does not drink at all.

To make sure I'm clear on this....

How is MCI determining group? Because you asked to sit together at dinner?? Seems crazy to me.

"This offer is available on selected departures (Mediterranean, Northern Europe, Red Sea and Caribbean). The package must be booked before departure. It is valid for every day of the cruise and cannot be purchases on a daily basis. The package must be booked by all guests occupying the same cabin, or just travelling together and wishing to eat at the same table, including minors, who must book the Child version of the package. The package is not obligatory for Infants (0-3 years). The price of the package applies to each day day of the cruise except the day of disembarkation" This is on their website and on the pre-cruise booking form I was emailed by a director from their US offices. I asked her if it was true that everyone in our group had to purchase it and she said "yes". Total rip-off.....makes me want to boycott any alcohol buying on our cruise.....this also includes the lesser price Alegrissimo pkg.

I will be on the Splendida next month with a group of 14 other passengers. The cruise and all cabins were booked at the same time as we're going as a group. Using my booking number, I was about to pre-book the drinking package that I want. It automatically adds the same package for the other person in the cabin--not the whole group.

I hope this gives you some clarification. :)

"This offer is available on selected departures (Mediterranean, Northern Europe, Red Sea and Caribbean). The package must be booked before departure. It is valid for every day of the cruise and cannot be purchases on a daily basis. The package must be booked by all guests occupying the same cabin, or just travelling together and wishing to eat at the same table, including minors, who must book the Child version of the package. The package is not obligatory for Infants (0-3 years). The price of the package applies to each day day of the cruise except the day of disembarkation" This is on their website and on the pre-cruise booking form I was emailed by a director from their US offices. I asked her if it was true that everyone in our group had to purchase it and she said "yes". Total rip-off.....makes me want to boycott any alcohol buying on our cruise.....this also includes the lesser price Alegrissimo pkg.

Hi this was announced back in August

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Press Release from MSC Cruises to follow:

MSC CRUISES EXPANDS ALL-INCLUSIVE DRINK PACKAGES FOR

2013-2014 CARIBBEAN SAILINGS

Offering More Options & Great Savings

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (July 8, 2013) – In anticipation of the arrival of

MSC Divina to PortMiami, MSC Cruises is announcing new and enhanced

drink packages, providing guests with more choices and better savings.

Allegrissimo Classic – New (Caribbean Only)

ALLEGRISSIMO CLASSIC offers unlimited consumption of alcoholic and non-

alcoholic beverages, including wine by the glass (white, red, rosé and

sparkling chosen from the “Allegrissimo Selection”), draft beer, soft drinks,

mineral water, hot drinks and a wide selection of drinks and cocktails from

the bar list, as well as take away ice cream. Drinks included in the Classic

package can be consumed 24 hours in all bars and restaurants, including à

la carte restaurants and themed venues. Does not include minibar and in

cabin mineral water consumption. Adult package is $44.00 per day; kid

package is $21.00 per day.

All-Inclusive Beverage Carnet – New (Caribbean Only)

Available for individuals and groups is the ALL-INCLUSIVE CARNET for

alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, including wine by the glass (white,

red, rosé and sparkling chosen from the “Allegrissimo Selection”), draft beer,

soft drinks, mineral water, hot drinks and a wide selection of drinks and

cocktails from the bar list, as well as take away ice-cream in a cone or cup.

Unlimited drinks included can be consumed in all bars and restaurants,

including à la carte restaurants and themed venues. Guests travelling under

a group code can utilize this package without the required purchase by all

group members. Minibar consumption and in cabin mineral water are

excluded from this package. Adult package is $44.00 per day; kid package

is $21.00 per day (15 vouchers per day).

Allegrissimo Premium – All Inclusive 24 hours

Providing the ultimate in choices, the ALLEGRISSIMO PREMIUM offers

unlimited consumption of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, including

wine (from the “by the glass” menu), draft and bottled beers, soft drinks,

mineral water, hot drinks and all bar drinks (including champagne cocktails,

single malt whiskies, superior brandies and other premium spirits), minibar

drinks and mineral water in cabin, plus all selections from the „Gelateria.

menu, Pastry Shop and Room Service menu. Drinks included can be

consumed in all bars and restaurants, including the à la carte restaurants

and themed venues. Adult package is $57.00 per day; kid package is

$28.50 per day.

Cheers Package

Included in the CHEERS PACKAGE is unlimited consumption of a selection of

wines (choice of two whites, two reds and one rosé), draft beers, soft drinks,

fruit juices and mineral water in the main dining rooms and the self-service

buffet (during lunch and dinner). (À la carte restaurants do not apply.) The

kid version features all the non-alcoholic options mentioned above. The adult

package is priced at $22.50 per day; the kid package costs $12.50 per

day.

All-Inclusive Limited VIP Package Adult (Caribbean Only)

Includes house-brand wines by the glass (the guests have the choice of 2

red, 2 white and 1 rosé wine), mineral water, draft and bottled beer, soft

drinks in main restaurants and buffet and all drinks from mini bar and

mineral water displayed in cabin. Also includes drinks from bar list (with bar

list price up to USD 7.25) and take away from the Gelateria. Price: $61 per

day (18 vouchers per day)

All-Inclusive Limited VIP Package–Kids (Caribbean Only)

The ALL-INCLUSIVE LIMITED VIP PACKAGE for kids includes mineral water,

fruit juices and sodas in main restaurants and buffet area; non-alcoholic

drinks and snacks from mini bar and mineral water displayed in cabin;

sodas, fruit juices, mineral water, hot drinks, virgin cocktails, smoothies,

milkshakes, energy drinks at any bar and take-away gelato ice-cream.

Price: $31 per day (18 vouchers per day)

Limited All-Inclusive Easy Package (Caribbean Only)

The ALL-INCLUSIVE EASY PACKAGE includes house-brand wines by the glass

(guests have the choice of 2 red, 2 white and 1 rosé wine), mineral water,

draft and bottled beer and soft drinks. All wines from “By the glass”

selection, mineral water, sodas, juices, cocktails without alcohol, draft beer,

all bottled/canned beers, hot drinks (espresso, cappuccino, hot tea, hot

chocolate) and take away from the Gelateria. Does not include cocktails and

spirits or room service items. Price: $42 per day (increased to 15

vouchers vs. 14 vouchers daily)

Limited All-Inclusive Easy Package–Child (Caribbean Only)

Includes mineral water, fruit juices and sodas in main restaurants and self-

service buffet; sodas, fruit juices, mineral water, hot drinks, virgin cocktails,

smoothies, milkshakes at bar and Gelateria selections. Does not include

mini bar or water displayed in cabin. Price: $21 per day (Reduced from

$26 per day for 15 vouchers daily)

YOUR CHOICE Wine Package (Caribbean only)

The “YOUR CHOICE” selection features at least 20 labels from MSC.s select

wine List. Package price allows guests to save at least 20% off of regular

wine list prices. Wines included in the packages are available in the main

dining room only, and unfinished bottles will be conserved and served the

next day. Always onboard is MSC.s dedicated sommelier, who is available to

assist with pairings and information on available wines. Price: 7 bottles

for $155; 10 bottles for $212

DINNER WINE Wine Package (Caribbean only)

The “DINNER WINE” package features house-brand wines, such as

Trebbiano, Grillo, Montepulciano, Dolcetto and Salento. Guests can choose

between 2 whites, 2 reds and 1 rosé. Wines included in the packages are

available in the main dining room only. Unfinished bottles will be conserved

and served the next day. Price: 7 bottles for $85; 10 bottles for $120

SODA PACKAGE – New (Caribbean Only)

Offers unlimited consumption of “on tap” sodas such as Coke, Diet Coke,

Fanta, Sprite and Tonic in all locations, where fountain soft drinks are

located. Price: $8 per person/day

DOREMI PACKAGE – New (Caribbean Only)

The DOREMI package is comprised of 10 vouchers valid for milkshakes, ice

cream shakes, virgin cocktails, canned sodas or fruit juices. Package price

allows guests to save up to 25% off of regular Bar list prices. Price: $31

COCKTAIL PACKAGE – New (Caribbean Only)

The cocktail package is comprised of 12 vouchers valid for all alcoholic

beverages (does not include Premium brands). Package price allows the

guests to save at least 15% off of regular Bar list prices. Price: $72

BEER PACKAGE (Caribbean Only)

The BEER package offers 14 vouchers valid for all bottled and canned beers

from the bar list. Package price allows guests to save at least 25% off of

regular Bar list prices. Price $52

Note: All packages must be booked up to three days before departure, through

travel agents or on the MSC Cruises Web site. Packages must be purchased for the

entire cruise. All adults (along with minors) in a cabin or traveling party must

purchase beverage packages to be applicable. A 15 percent gratuity is included in

package prices.

Hope it helps

Judith

From what I understand, all people in the same cabin must have the same package--not at your dinner table. Imagine you were seated at a table of 10. It's not reasonable to ask that everyone has purchased a packaged, or the same package for that matter :)

That is exactly what I was told by the director in Miami....everyone in your group at dinner will be required to purchase as well. Their thought is that if you have 2 people in your group purchasing the pkg, you can abuse the pkg by "buying" drinks for everyone else at dinner. if I were you, if you're not sure, call and find out. We are a group of 6 and our bookings are linked together so we do our excursions together (same time) and our dining together and was told emphatically that they would also be charged. Not sure if this makes a difference if it's a US based cruise (Caribbean) or a European as our is but that's what I was told and it does state that on their website.

Edited by Beth2718

To make sure I'm clear on this....

How is MCI determining group? Because you asked to sit together at dinner?? Seems crazy to me.

We have our bookings linked together by the cruise line so we are able to sit together for dinner.

It is definitely all those in your group who sit at the same table must buy the package.

Here is a screen shot (cropped) from the MSC web site , taken today. I've highlighted the relevant words. The exact same words are used on the Aus/NZ web site, The only difference is the price, hence the words "this offer is avalable on selected departures (Mediterannean, Canary Islands, Northern Europe and Antilles)"

allegrissimo.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Adult package is $44.00 per day; kid

Well someone had a change of mind since August because with just 3 weeks before the cruise the Classic can now be booked on the Divina Repo cruise in the UK! although unlike all the other repo cruises to the likes of Brazil etc the name Classic has been added but the price for the same package is $792 for 18 nights/ £26pppd as against £20 on the others.

It is definitely all those in your group who sit at the same table must buy the package.

Here is a screen shot (cropped) from the MSC web site , taken today. I've highlighted the relevant words. The exact same words are used on the Aus/NZ web site, The only difference is the price, hence the words "this offer is avalable on selected departures (Mediterannean, Canary Islands, Northern Europe and Antilles)"

allegrissimo.jpg

Pete

So if we have already booked our cruise and Allegrissimo package and our friends want to book after we did, they must take the Allegrissimo package also if they want to dine w/us?

If this is correct, that would really discourage us from inviting friends to join us on our MSC cruise! Much as I'd love dinner w/our friends, I wouldn't want to lose my Allegrissimo package and I'm sure they wouldn't want to buy it if they aren't "drinkers".

What would happen if we went to the Maitre D the first day of the cruise and we ask to be moved to sit with them or other cruisers we met onboard?

I feel like I'm missing something.

Barbara

So if we have already booked our cruise and Allegrissimo package and our friends want to book after we did, they must take the Allegrissimo package also if they want to dine w/us?

If this is correct, that would really discourage us from inviting friends to join us on our MSC cruise! Much as I'd love dinner w/our friends, I wouldn't want to lose my Allegrissimo package and I'm sure they wouldn't want to buy it if they aren't "drinkers".

What would happen if we went to the Maitre D the first day of the cruise and we ask to be moved to sit with them or other cruisers we met onboard?

I feel like I'm missing something.

Barbara

Your first statement is essentially correct

That's exactly what I would do and assert that you are not a party but just guests who have met on the ship and feel you would like to dine together. It might work but then again it might not, one can but try.

I'd not link bookings initially if everybody didn't agree to ordering the same AI package. I wouldn't let it deter me from cruising with friends as there are alternative dining arrangements in the buffet these days on all MSC ships

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Adult package is $44.00 per day; kid

Well someone had a change of mind since August because with just 3 weeks before the cruise the Classic can now be booked on the Divina Repo cruise in the UK! although unlike all the other repo cruises to the likes of Brazil etc the name Classic has been added but the price for the same package is $792 for 18 nights/ £26pppd as against £20 on the others.

It's unfair it also quotes in the online brochure the price for the premium package at 33 pounds but it works out to 38 pounds ??????????? I emailed them about it but never got a straight reply.

Judith

I asked in the Q and A section with Rick Sasso why Miami/USA was no longer a Winter destination from Europe ... response ? no response!

It would be interesting to hear what exchange rate was used to go from Euro to $ and how that fits in with charging by £ in the UK ? it seems that the UK have got the short end of the stick.

Linked bookings and people travelling together all need to have the all inclusive if some want it. It's to stop you from ordering drinks for people who've not paid for the package.

People sharing at table do not all have to have the same package. I'm the only one at my table of 7 who has it.. The rest pay for what they order. The difference is I was placed with these passengers! I'm not travelling with them and spending my time onboard with the. Although we do now head to a bar after dinner sometimes and the waiters don't seem to care too much whether we all have a package or not.

I think if your bookings are not linked and you just make a request for a table switch onboard to be seated with people, it won't mTter if you all have the same package. The biggest problem is likely to be if there are tables available unallocated to switch you all to. Or you could just meet up and go to the my time Dining option.

Edited by AmoMondo

Linked bookings and people travelling together all need to have the all inclusive if some want it. It's to stop you from ordering drinks for people who've not paid for the package.

People sharing at table do not all have to have the same package. I'm the only one at my table of 7 who has it.. The rest pay for what they order. The difference is I was placed with these passengers! I'm not travelling with them and spending my time onboard with the. Although we do now head to a bar after dinner sometimes and the waiters don't seem to care too much whether we all have a package or not.

I think if your bookings are not linked and you just make a request for a table switch onboard to be seated with people, it won't mTter if you all have the same package. The biggest problem is likely to be if there are tables available unallocated to switch you all to. Or you could just meet up and go to the my time Dining option.

I went to MSC's site and read about My Time Dining, but want to be sure I understand....If we take My Time Dining, we'd have to eat in the buffet instead of one of the main restaurants...Is that correct? I can't imagine going on a cruise and eating buffet food in the buffet every night!!

I'm not sure if our friends are going on this cruise yet, but we have already made tentative plans with some "CC friends" as well to have dinner together. This definitely will impact those plans also. I believe they are using the voucher plan.

Thanks for info as usual!

Barbara

10/7/13

MSC-Nicollas: [11:15:37 AM] Welcome to our real-time support chat. How can I help you today?

Barbara Marbell: [11:15:37 AM] Question: We have Allegrissimo Classic Package booked. Met a couple on Cruise Critic message boards and we want to sit together at dinner. However, they are not drinkers. Can we somehow link our reservations together to let us have dinner together if just my husband and I have the Allegrissimo package?

MSC-Nicollas: [11:15:40 AM] HI Barbara

Barbara Marbell: [11:15:47 AM] Good day!

MSC-Nicollas: [11:15:56 AM] Yes, you can that is not a problem

[11:16:09 AM] Do you have to know their booking #?

Barbara Marbell: [11:16:37 AM] OK - I will get their information. There is much confusion on the boards saying that if you want to have dinner with another couple everyone has to have the Allegrissimo package. Not true?

MSC-Nicollas: [11:17:33 AM] Dining with us is on a request, I can request it for you and it will be confirmed on board

Barbara Marbell: [11:18:25 AM] So to be sure I understand...If I give you their confirmation #, you will somehow link them to request our seating together. And we will keep our Allegrissimo package and they will keep their soda vouchers.

MSC-Nicollas: [11:18:39 AM] Yes correct

Barbara Marbell: [11:18:49 AM] OK - will get it - thanks!

Now I'm even more confused.

Barbara

The UK website for the online brochure is littered with issues regarding drink packages! one page says Allegrissimo is £21, on the drink package pages it is £18 to Winter Destinations, the "Classic" (same as Alegrissimo) is shown as being available on Grand Voyage to the Caribbean at £26 and Caribbean.

Directly below is the Premium shown as £33 available for Grand Voyages to winter destinations but not on the Grand Voyage to the Caribbean! despite someone on the Divina repo cruise having booked it.

Is it any wonder that people are confused and not just about Drinks ?

Cannot find anything regarding non fixed Dining options.

Edited by sidari

On the Musica MYchoice dining is in the MDR, it is not the same as dinner in the buffet. Don't know if it's available on all ships yet.

Interesting! Could you explain how does it work? Do you have to ask for it once you are onboard? before the cruise?

I would like them to extend it fleet-wide before June 2014!

I had received the information shown below from Nicollas. However, in the meantime, the Customer Service Manager, Tracy Lamorena, wrote the following:

As long as your bookings are not cross-referenced with any other reservations there is no need for everyone to purchase the Allegrissimo package. You would then need to confirm the dining directly with the Maitre' d.

INFO RECEIVED FROM NICOLLAS EARLIER (apparently incorrect)

10/7/13

MSC-Nicollas: [11:15:37 AM] Welcome to our real-time support chat. How can I help you today?

Barbara Marbell: [11:15:37 AM] Question: We have Allegrissimo Classic Package booked. Met a couple on Cruise Critic message boards and we want to sit together at dinner. However, they are not drinkers. Can we somehow link our reservations together to let us have dinner together if just my husband and I have the Allegrissimo package?

MSC-Nicollas: [11:15:40 AM] HI Barbara

Barbara Marbell: [11:15:47 AM] Good day!

MSC-Nicollas: [11:15:56 AM] Yes, you can that is not a problem

[11:16:09 AM] Do you have to know their booking #?

Barbara Marbell: [11:16:37 AM] OK - I will get their information. There is much confusion on the boards saying that if you want to have dinner with another couple everyone has to have the Allegrissimo package. Not true?

MSC-Nicollas: [11:17:33 AM] Dining with us is on a request, I can request it for you and it will be confirmed on board

Barbara Marbell: [11:18:25 AM] So to be sure I understand...If I give you their confirmation #, you will somehow link them to request our seating together. And we will keep our Allegrissimo package and they will keep their soda vouchers.

MSC-Nicollas: [11:18:39 AM] Yes correct

Barbara Marbell: [11:18:49 AM] OK - will get it - thanks!

Now I'm even more confused.

Barbara

Being on our first cruise in 2011 we went with our son & his family ,he did all the booking etc but we booked different packages i booked first but just had the wine vouchers for dinner in the mdr ,he booked the cheers package for them ,although we went down with them & he did all the booking we even had our cabins next to each other we were put on a different dinning table so we just had it altered when on board ,either it was a mistake on their part of not noticing or because they noticed the names were very different i don't know but it shouldn't have mattered as we were all together anyway ,but it was to our advantage

• 5 months later...

What I have found interesting is their reps are indicating most of these packages never existed to begin with, even though they put the post on their own facebook page. I have a group of 14 that we have only 2 that want the beverage package, so they are being told they can't purchase it without the rest of us buying the package.

I called about the soda package at $8 per day and was told there was no such thing, messages on FB also told me there wasn't ever any such package. So I have no also inquired on the all inclusive easy package for kids listed at $21 per day to see if that one is still available.

What I have found interesting is their reps are indicating most of these packages never existed to begin with, even though they put the post on their own facebook page. I have a group of 14 that we have only 2 that want the beverage package, so they are being told they can't purchase it without the rest of us buying the package.

I called about the soda package at $8 per day and was told there was no such thing, messages on FB also told me there wasn't ever any such package. So I have no also inquired on the all inclusive easy package for kids listed at $21 per day to see if that one is still available.

There are packages available on board that were not available to book online such as the Cheers and Doremi packages but you will pay the additional 15% service fee. There was definitely no $8 daily soda package, only the 15 soda coupons for $30. To my knowledge, the kids AI is only available if an equivalent alcohol package is purchased by an adult. I had to buy it for my son and it was a waste of money as he had maybe 5 sodas a day. He never bothered with ice cream or shakes or any of the mocktails. We both would have been better off with coupons.