Breeze or Liberty?

Liverpoollovely

I am just looking at cruising at the end of March 2014 ... but I am stuck between two ships ... Breeze or Liberty

I have been on the Dream and I really enjoyed it (my experience on her made me come back to cruise with Carnival after the first time) but I have been on the Liberty before and I liked it too :)

now if we are going on either ship the possibility of the cruise being a back to back cruise is high so the itinerary's will be but we wouldn't do a back to back on two separate ships because we are way too lazy to pack, unpack, pack, unpack, pack, unpack, pack, upack and pack ... (we like to do few days on land, back to back cruise and back on land before we fly home)

so the itineraries for the back to back cruises are:

Breeze:

Montego Bay, Jamaica

Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

Cozumel, Mexico

and then the second week of the Breeze:

Grand Turk

La Romana

Curacao

Aruba

Or

Liberty:

Cozumel, Mexico

Belize

Isla Rotan

Grand Cayman

and then the second week on the Liberty:

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

St Thomas, US Virgin Islands

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Grand Turk

I have never been to Half Moon Cay and would really like to go ... on the other hand I have never been to Curacao, Aruba, Dominican Republic before either and would like to visit those ... hence why I am stuck! .. any feedback on itineraries and ships would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

I have been to all of the Islands that you mentioned, so for me I would go by the price and the Liberty. But if I could afford the Breeze( I go solo all the time) I would go on the Breeze. So if money is an issue do the Breeze.

Gary

I am just looking at cruising at the end of March 2014 ... but I am stuck between two ships ... Breeze or Liberty

I have been on the Dream and I really enjoyed it (my experience on her made me come back to cruise with Carnival after the first time) but I have been on the Liberty before and I liked it too :)

now if we are going on either ship the possibility of the cruise being a back to back cruise is high so the itinerary's will be but we wouldn't do a back to back on two separate ships because we are way too lazy to pack, unpack, pack, unpack, pack, unpack, pack, upack and pack ... (we like to do few days on land, back to back cruise and back on land before we fly home)

so the itineraries for the back to back cruises are:

Breeze:

Montego Bay, Jamaica

Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

Cozumel, Mexico

and then the second week of the Breeze:

Grand Turk

La Romana

Curacao

Aruba

Or

Liberty:

Cozumel, Mexico

Belize

Isla Rotan

Grand Cayman

and then the second week on the Liberty:

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

St Thomas, US Virgin Islands

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Grand Turk

I have never been to Half Moon Cay and would really like to go ... on the other hand I have never been to Curacao, Aruba, Dominican Republic before either and would like to visit those ... hence why I am stuck! .. any feedback on itineraries and ships would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

Never on the Breeze but love the Liberty and the Exotic Western ports, Roatan is our favorite place to visit.The Curacao, Aruba and DR itinerary is usually expensive so we have never done that but we have been to all the other ports multiple times

I vote for the Breeze

You have a tough decision. My husband and i were on the Liberty before it was upgraded to the 2.0...and on the Breeze Inaugural with the 2.0 upgrades. Hmm...We were not so impressed with the Breeze. We have also sailed on the Freedom. We compared the Breeze to the other Carnival ships and there was a definite difference.We are booked on the Liberty for Feb 2014 and it now has been upgraded to the 2.0 ....so we will have something again to compare it to. I liked the Waterworks on the Breeze...it was ppl friendly...meaning if you didnt want to swim in a pool or go down the slides you could still get refreshed under the many sprinklers and buckets of water splashing all around. Noticed not as many servers on the lido deck ...had to go to the bar more often than when on the Liberty last time.

as for ports of call...we enjoyed Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Grand Turk, Curacao and Aruba. Our daughter honeymooned on the Legend and it took them to Cozumel Belize Roaton and Gr Cayman..they really enjoyed it and said Roatan was beautiful...they did cave tubing at one of those places as well. my husband and i have not been.

I guess i would go to the ports you would like to see or have never been to so by your choices i guess the Breeze would be my decision. Enjoy the ports and see the places you've never been to. the ship experience was not as good as our other cruises, but the ports were wonderful. good luck in your decision making.

We have been on the Liberty and the Breeze. I would definitely choose the Breeze because the southern Caribbean is beautiful! We loved Aruba and Curacao. If you like the Dream, you will like the Breeze. The décor is better on the Dream though. We didn't care for the colors on the Breeze but a lot of people like the new look. We like all the ports that the Breeze would be going to but not those of the Liberty.

Ncl has 11 days for under 400!!!!!

I still chose the breeze! Mostly because of guys and blue iguana cantina and the waterpark and the ports! Well the ports were almost the same on the ncl sun.

the sun is older but 349 to399 for 11 nights southern caribbean? That is crazy!!!

Ncl has 11 days for under 400!!!!!

I still chose the breeze! Mostly because of guys and blue iguana cantina and the waterpark and the ports! Well the ports were almost the same on the ncl sun.

the sun is older but 349 to399 for 11 nights southern caribbean? That is crazy!!!

That's really cheap $1049.22 for 2 for 11 days including port charges/taxes

Liberty does have the new 2.0 upgrades too

Just went on my second cruise on the Breeze this year. Been on 7 other Carnival ships and I will never go on another gaudy, tacky Carnival ship again. So for me its Breeze or wait til a new one comes on line. I've been looking at a cruise review of the Liberty and it is that same old repetitive gaudy crap as all the other ships. Breeze is so new and fresh looking. What was Carnival thinking when they hired that guy to design and decorate those ships??? He must have come cheap.

Go on the Breeze.

Just went on my second cruise on the Breeze this year. Been on 7 other Carnival ships and I will never go on another gaudy, tacky Carnival ship again. So for me its Breeze or wait til a new one comes on line. I've been looking at a cruise review of the Liberty and it is that same old repetitive gaudy crap as all the other ships. Breeze is so new and fresh looking. What was Carnival thinking when they hired that guy to design and decorate those ships??? He must have come cheap.

Go on the Breeze.

So you pick a cruise based on the atrium or décor around the ship lol

If cost is not a concern, I would pick the Breeze, hands down!!!

Better ship and great ports. The ports listed for the Liberty are nice, BUT... just about every ship goes to those ports. The Breeze itineraries to DR, Curacao, Aruba (southern itinerary), and Montego Bay are less common for other ships to visit. We did the Southern itinerary on Carnival Freedom earlier this year and loved it, especially Dominican Republic.

Check out my review of La Romana DR, Curacao, and Aruba with lots of pictures at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1781515

It's not the only reason, but for us, decor is definitely a consideration when selecting a ship. My ears want to hear good music, my mouth wants to taste good food, and believe me, my eyes want to see something pleasing.

I have done all of the itineraries listed and were on both the Breeze and Liberty this summer. I would pick the Liberty. The Breeze was one of my least favorite ships. I did not think the service and food quality were up to par. Also, the ship reeked of sewage my entire cruise. I had a wonderful time on the Liberty.

I have done all of the itineraries listed and were on both the Breeze and Liberty this summer. I would pick the Liberty. The Breeze was one of my least favorite ships. I did not think the service and food quality were up to par. Also, the ship reeked of sewage my entire cruise. I had a wonderful time on the Liberty.

I thought I was the only one that thought the ship was smelly. Glad to hear it wasn't only me. I also agree the service was not up to par. My ny strip 2 x in the steakhouse was full of fat. It tasted good but I had to spit out lots of pieces. The liberty's service and food las year wears great

Go with liberty but the breezes southern itinerary is great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, to a degree!

OP: Our first cruise was the Breeze in May, it was amazing, beautiful and so fresh/new! We figured we spoiled ourselves and had a hard time choosing our second cruise but ultimately chose the Liberty in December! I've heard great things about the Liberty and its upgrades. If you havn't sailed on the Breeze, I say make that your choice!

Archived