visa service from Oceana

Hawaiidan

Ok I am on a cruise which offers among other things,( gratuities, freeLaundry, free internet, transfers and) visa service for the cruise.

I am familiar with sending my passport to service to get a visa. How does it work when you need 3 visas, and oceana offers the visa service?

Do you send you passport to Oceana who then gets all the visas and returns it to you... or what?

Oceania contracts with a visa service company (VisaCentral this year). Oceania will send you information about 3 months before sailing as to what forms you must complete (sometimes you must complete the forms online, i.e. Brazil) and instructions about sending your passport to the visa service company. The company will get ALL your visas.

Just received my passports and visas from Oceania service and it was done through CBIT once you pay for the service you go on there site which as a Oceania site with directions, it was easy. My trip is 9/10 and received it back in plenty of time.

I'm guessing you're on part of the world cruise on Insignia. We booked Shanghai to Papeete, 55 days. How about you? Marlene

As an alternative we started with the 35 day Bangkok to Istanbul, then considering the flights out and in we added 20 days Tokyo.

We found this was a grand cruise that included all the stuff I mentioned..... and in doing so saved thousands in extras....a surprise bonus.

Then considering the recent security/safety risks in Turkey and the region we added 11 days to fly out of Lisbon.... Now we have a 66 day and all flights will be under 8 hours. Lisbon being much safer than any place in the mid east for non Arabs.

Flying Hawaii to Bangkok is between 23 and 30 hours depending on route with 2 to 3 plane changes A killer. Flying to Tokyo only 7 hours 50 min

To me having worked in the public safety field I would like to cut my risks.

Others may feel its hunky dory and that's fine.... I feel strongly otherwise. its also why all of Africa is off my list.

Wow, that sounds great! I wasn't aware that Grand Voyages included those perks, thought it was just for the world cruise segments. Will have to do some searching. Thanks,

Marlene

Yes, I stumbled on it as I had booked 3 segments to make one cruise. Then I discovered that the Tokyo to Istanbul was being shown now as a 55 day.... and with all those perks ( for 55 days I figured it out to be worth between $5000 to$7000 depending on how much you use laundry and internet...) will in essence pay for the 11 day Istanbul to Lisbon for 2

The last segment my agent is working on to get included in the offer for a total of 66 days Like 1/3 of a world cruise.

It looks like over 49/50 days things happen. I opted for an inside in order to make it a longer cruise rather than a bigger cabin.

Only catch..they said capacity controlled and book by Dec 31 2013

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

my cruise requires australian visa. $59.00 is the oceania fee for obtaining visa. they told me i had to fill out form (when available) and send copy of picture/info page of passport. i did it online my self for $20 (no pic necessary)...filled out form and charged to my credit card. the visa is electronic. immediately attached to my passport. not sure why they charge what they do, when basically the passenger has to do the work prior to submitting to oceania.

my cruise requires australian visa. $59.00 is the oceania fee for obtaining visa. they told me i had to fill out form (when available) and send copy of picture/info page of passport. i did it online my self for $20 (no pic necessary)...filled out form and charged to my credit card. the visa is electronic. immediately attached to my passport. not sure why they charge what they do, when basically the passenger has to do the work prior to submitting to oceania.

The reason they charge what they do is that they are a for profit company. They offer a service, for a fee, to make it convenient for their customers. Those that chose to take the time to do things like this themselves can do it cheaper.

I have no problem with Oceania offering services for an additional cost, as long as I'm not forced to use them.

The reason they charge what they do is that they are a for profit company. They offer a service, for a fee, to make it convenient for their customers. Those that chose to take the time to do things like this themselves can do it cheaper.

I have no problem with Oceania offering services for an additional cost, as long as I'm not forced to use them.

+1 PERFECTLY STATED!

Oceania has to try to serve the needs of the entire gamut, half of which would be willing to climb Mt Everest barefoot in order to to save fifty bucks, while the other half wants refunds because they weren't told that their Shore Excursion across the Sahara would be so.......well.............

hot and sandy!

Some people need, or just want, the hand-holding, please allow them to pay for their own hand-holder(s). :p

+1 PERFECTLY STATED!

Oceania has to try to serve the needs of the entire gamut, half of which would be willing to climb Mt Everest barefoot in order to to save fifty bucks, while the other half wants refunds because they weren't told that their Shore Excursion across the Sahara would be so.......well.............

hot and sandy!

Some people need, or just want, the hand-holding, please allow them to pay for their own hand-holder(s). :p

LOL. What do you mean hot and sandy? You mean Oceania would not provide an oasis for us????:D

+1 PERFECTLY STATED!

hot and sandy!

Both have it to a tee...............and 200% correct.

Archived