Bringing a toddler on an MSC cruise...

holderk

This is supposed to be a vacation. Why would you bring an infant on a cruise? That's what grandparents are supposed to do! Babysit! Leave the baby at home and enjoy your cruise!

Otherwise, stay at home with the baby until it's 6 and then you'll have a great cruise!

You clearly have no idea what it is like to be a parent...

I for one would not leave my child with his grandparents so that I could go on holiday...Sure, going on holiday is different now...But fun it its own way...

If you're one of those people who don't want kids on their cruise...book a cruise on an adult-only cruise line...And if you can't afford that...stay at home until you can...:D

You clearly have no idea what it is like to be a parent...

I for one would not leave my child with his grandparents so that I could go on holiday...Sure, going on holiday is different now...But fun it its own way...

If you're one of those people who don't want kids on their cruise...book a cruise on an adult-only cruise line...And if you can't afford that...stay at home until you can...:D

I have never really met anyone who has ever been able to leave their kids for a week and go on vacation. But it's funny how that's always the response you hear.

My kids have been on 4 cruises (8 year old and 5 year old)....my youngest was 18 months old on his first cruise and had a blast. And cruise #5 is coming up in June. I would love for someone to come up to me and question me choosing to have my kids on the cruise.....it would not go well.

Those of you responding from post #18 on...This thread is over 2 years old. the OP has not returned to CC since Oct. 2013. Most of you are replying from the point of view of US residents. Ships sailing in Europe do not have to abide by the CDC regulations that we have here for ships sailing from the US. It may well be that children in swim diapers are allowed on European lines. Maybe they treat their pool water. We don't know. It also may be that Europeans/Italians are very likely to travel as families and not consider getting away from the children. Another thing we don't know. We need too stop projecting our own prejudices onto people of other cultures/countries/continents. EM