GAPearl's Big BREEZE Review! 8 Day Southern Itinerary 9/28/13.

gapearl

Loving this review! Can't wait for Aruba. We aren't going there anytime soon but gathering info for when we do. Was talking to my son (stationed in Germany) and he asks me if there was any part of his wedding that I was dead set on paying for. He didn't need any financial help, but he knows I paid for his sister's wedding last year. I told him I would pay for his honeymoon if he wanted to take a cruise (we will be on the same cruise) he says, "I think Aruba sounds like a place to go." Looks like we will be on the Breeze for an 8 day as soon as Uncle Sam sends my son back home.

I LMAO about the cornbread! OMG! Even in my "learning to cook" days, I didn't screw it up THAT bad!

As for the reptiles......you got more guts than I do. No way am I going to hold anything like that! Glad you and your mom had a great time and am enjoying your review.

I love Aruba! I went there for 5 days last year and got to see most of the island. I didn't do too much there this time, but Aruba is great. I hope you at least book them in a cabin far away from yours! haha :o:p

LOL everyone still gets a kick out of that cornbread post. :D

Thanks for tuning in to read!

Thank you so much for this terrific review! Can't wait for Aruba and Curacao which are two of our favorite ports. Love your reviews and all the details you include. :)

I have plenty of pictures from both. Thanks for reading!

We have chosen pro excursions. We have 44 booked so far using two speed boats to saona island. Michael has been so helpful. Hope taxi situation not a nightmare for us.

Loving your review!

I've heard Saona Island is NICE! I hope you don't have that hassle either. Good luck!

Kim we went back on ship and did water works and hung out.

I loved the water works! Especially the big bucket. :D I spent a lot of time out there like a big kid.

Loved the yellow slide, felt a little dizzy once you reached bottom. Always feel like a "kid in a candy store" on cruises. Great review so far/ love seeing other things that we didn't see or get to. Check out your fun times on post 241 for the DR. OOPS! LOL!

Loved the yellow slide, felt a little dizzy once you reached bottom. Always feel like a "kid in a candy store" on cruises. Great review so far/ love seeing other things that we didn't see or get to. Check out your fun times on post 241 for the DR. OOPS! LOL!

I liked the yellow one better, but G liked the orange one better. I went down both slides at least 3 days and every time they seemed to have different speed. One day the yellow would be faster, and the next the orange would be. I realized earlier I posted the wrong Fun Times last night and reposted the right ones today. I was delirious last night when I was posting lol.

We are going on that cruise in April with our kids. I had booked the 8 day that went to Antigua and Tortola instead but they switched itineraries. We didn't want to go to DR and aren't planning to get off there due to security concerns. I had considered doing the Saona Island excursion but there has been such a mess with taxis. Seavis even posted on their website about it. Is there anywhere in the port area with any shopping/duty free?

Hey Kim...Beautiful day again today. I could get very spoiled with this weather. It's raining and cold in DC area. We went to Atlantic station to grab some dinner and enjoying the night. My grandson treated me to a movie earlier, and a run to DSW. I am leaving

Tomorrow. This was a quick weekend trip. I enjoyed your city.

Are you planning to post more tonight? I have to keep my eyes open for more.

Gloria

Edited by INCHARGE

Kim, great review so far. My niece is booked on the Breeze for her honeymoon next August. She cannot wait. She's not a member of CC (yet), but I plan to share your review with her. :D

I love swinging off ropes as well. My daughter and I had a blast while in Barbados at the Boatyard this past August swinging off the pier!

What an awesome idea to bring school supplies for the local children in the DR. I can imagine the looks on their faces when the toys were given out.

Thanks for sharing and looking forward to hearing how you enjoyed Aruba.

Another One of Your Outstanding Photo Reviews...Great...We thought the Food on the Carnival Breeze was really wonderful...so much variety...always fresh and very good quality...thanks so much for your review...you really chose the right name to post under...you really are a pearl...what an incredible smile!

Our waiter on the Carnival Breeze told us two ice creams with the chocolate melting cake was called a mickey mouse. :):):):)

"]

BTW I see you're from Montana. We had a couple on our roll call from Montana. That's one of the few states left I have not been to but would love to visit one day.[/color]

Well, be sure to mention if you are coming up! We live in Red Lodge, which is 60 miles north of Yellowstone Park. Make sure you visit in the summer as you never know when we will have snow. Last Friday, we had 20 inches of really wet, heavy snow...knocked out power for 15-24 hours, luckily we had ours back on after 15 hours. By Monday it was 65 degrees again. I always say that this is why we cruise...crazy, long winters here. :(

So you paid 15.00 each way to Dreams - we are planning this for our January cruise and want to be sure; we have dealt with the rudeness during a prior visit. Are the taxi's easy to come by?

I am Handsome58's sister, no we paid $15.00 per person round trip. The taxi driver didn't take the money until he picked us back up from Dreams. The taxi situation is a mad house!!! What my group had to end up doing is telling the guy at the gate to just let us through so we could make our own deal with a driver. We had a wonderful time at Dreams!

I am Handsome58's sister, no we paid $15.00 per person round trip. The taxi driver didn't take the money until he picked us back up from Dreams. The taxi situation is a mad house!!! What my group had to end up doing is telling the guy at the gate to just let us through so we could make our own deal with a driver. We had a wonderful time at Dreams!

Thanks so much for the help, we'll be sure to follow your lead.

How long was the trip there, any traffic concerns - we don't want to miss the ship

Any tips for Dreams?

I am really enjoying your review and especially the pictures (except the snakes, which I hate, they have no legs-that's just weird). I did this same itinerary in April and enjoyed it even though I got bronchitis the second half.

I booked the Breeze this upcoming May and have booked a spa interior, I liked seeing your pictures for the room. We always buy the spa pass, so know we will use it. How did you and your Mom like the room?

I have to say that the excursion in the DR was the best one we have ever done! I know it started out a little rocky - we were in one of the taxis that went to the wrong place, so we were unaware of all the problems at the port. I am so glad that we did not back out!

Thanks so much for the help, we'll be sure to follow your lead.

How long was the trip there, any traffic concerns - we don't want to miss the ship

Any tips for Dreams?

It took about 25 mins. to get there. We had no traffic problems. When we arrived at the gate since I was the group leader I had to give my passport to the guard (I got it back from the front desk once I checked the group out). Don't forget to ask for your passport or I.D. back because they didn't remind me.

When we arrived they offered us cups of rum punch. I had to go to the front desk to check us in, I had to list the names of the people in my group once I did this we were each given a towel and a map of the resort. The only tip I can give you is because we tipped the waiter a dollar or two every time they brought us drinks they kept the drinks coming!!

We are going on that cruise in April with our kids. I had booked the 8 day that went to Antigua and Tortola instead but they switched itineraries. We didn't want to go to DR and aren't planning to get off there due to security concerns. I had considered doing the Saona Island excursion but there has been such a mess with taxis. Seavis even posted on their website about it. Is there anywhere in the port area with any shopping/duty free?

I didn't see any shopping or anything in the immediate port area. From what I understand, there is some shopping a short taxi ride away. You might want to book a ship excursion, just to be on the safe side. That's what I almost did for us.

LOVE LOVE LOVE your reviews:) My DH and I are thinking about this itinerary (just talked about it this afternoon...and then I find your review) or the southern on the Valor. Thank you for sharing with us:)

Well I have a review of both, so you might end up booking both ships! :D LOL Thanks for reading!

Hey Kim...Beautiful day again today. I could get very spoiled with this weather. It's raining and cold in DC area. We went to Atlantic station to grab some dinner and enjoying the night. My grandson treated me to a movie earlier, and a run to DSW. I am leaving

Tomorrow. This was a quick weekend trip. I enjoyed your city.

Are you planning to post more tonight? I have to keep my eyes open for more.

Gloria

I love Atlantic Station! Wish I could have stopped by yesterday to say hi. It will feel like summer for probably 2 more months. That's why I love living in the south! :) I'm *hoping* to get both Aruba and Curacao done tomorrow.

Kim, great review so far. My niece is booked on the Breeze for her honeymoon next August. She cannot wait. She's not a member of CC (yet), but I plan to share your review with her. :D

I love swinging off ropes as well. My daughter and I had a blast while in Barbados at the Boatyard this past August swinging off the pier!

What an awesome idea to bring school supplies for the local children in the DR. I can imagine the looks on their faces when the toys were given out.

Thanks for sharing and looking forward to hearing how you enjoyed Aruba.

Your niece definitely needs to join CC!

I didn't do the rope swing in Barbados. Guess I need to plan another trip back there!

Seavis posted some pictures to their Facebook page when some other people made donations. It definitely does the kids a lot of good. :)

Stay tuned for more!

Another One of Your Outstanding Photo Reviews...Great...We thought the Food on the Carnival Breeze was really wonderful...so much variety...always fresh and very good quality...thanks so much for your review...you really chose the right name to post under...you really are a pearl...what an incredible smile!

Our waiter on the Carnival Breeze told us two ice creams with the chocolate melting cake was called a mickey mouse. :):):):)

Awwwww you are tooooooo sweet! :)

This cruise was the first time I heard about the Mickey Mouse. I'll be ordering it Mickey Mouse style from now on!

"]
BTW I see you're from Montana. We had a couple on our roll call from Montana. That's one of the few states left I have not been to but would love to visit one day.[/color]

Well, be sure to mention if you are coming up! We live in Red Lodge, which is 60 miles north of Yellowstone Park. Make sure you visit in the summer as you never know when we will have snow. Last Friday, we had 20 inches of really wet, heavy snow...knocked out power for 15-24 hours, luckily we had ours back on after 15 hours. By Monday it was 65 degrees again. I always say that this is why we cruise...crazy, long winters here. :(

20 inches of snow? Yikes! We're still wearing shorts and tank tops around here!

Glad you had a good time. You know firsthand what I was talking about with the taxis. Ugh.

I am really enjoying your review and especially the pictures (except the snakes, which I hate, they have no legs-that's just weird). I did this same itinerary in April and enjoyed it even though I got bronchitis the second half.

I booked the Breeze this upcoming May and have booked a spa interior, I liked seeing your pictures for the room. We always buy the spa pass, so know we will use it. How did you and your Mom like the room?

Oh gheez! That's one of my fears is getting sick on a cruise! :eek: My mom didn't use the spa at all but she liked the room. This might be really small, but I LOVED the slippers. I never wear them at home. We had easy access to the lido since it was one deck down. There's a secret door all the way forward on deck 11, just so you know. My favorite was the steam room with all the different scents. It was heavenly in there!

I have to say that the excursion in the DR was the best one we have ever done! I know it started out a little rocky - we were in one of the taxis that went to the wrong place, so we were unaware of all the problems at the port. I am so glad that we did not back out!

It sure was! I'm glad you stuck it out too, Jill. Next time, you have to try the rope swing too. LOL :p

Us too, so very excited!!!!!

Have fun!

It took about 25 mins. to get there. We had no traffic problems. When we arrived at the gate since I was the group leader I had to give my passport to the guard (I got it back from the front desk once I checked the group out). Don't forget to ask for your passport or I.D. back because they didn't remind me.

When we arrived they offered us cups of rum punch. I had to go to the front desk to check us in, I had to list the names of the people in my group once I did this we were each given a towel and a map of the resort. The only tip I can give you is because we tipped the waiter a dollar or two every time they brought us drinks they kept the drinks coming!!

Good information for all that might need to know. Thanks for posting!

We have a Seavis excursion planned in January. I've been reading a bit about the taxi situation. To be honest, I'm a bit nervous about it. We have a group of about 25 going and I'm scared we are going to be dropped off in the middle of nowhere or we won't get back to the ship on time.

It angers me that the big man is doing this to the local people trying to make a living, but I don't want to get stuck either. What was your take on it and the safety of booking with a non-cruiseline company?

We have a Seavis excursion planned in January. I've been reading a bit about the taxi situation. To be honest, I'm a bit nervous about it. We have a group of about 25 going and I'm scared we are going to be dropped off in the middle of nowhere or we won't get back to the ship on time.

It angers me that the big man is doing this to the local people trying to make a living, but I don't want to get stuck either. What was your take on it and the safety of booking with a non-cruiseline company?

Just trying to understand what's going on here with the taxis...

Who is the "big man" you're referring to? Is it the cruise lines or Seavis or big tour companies in general?