MUST HAVE foods on Princess

vent1020

This thread definitely made me realize how badly I need to book Princess! I've been on 5 cruises with them and loved the food every time. Just got back from trying a different line, and there was no comparison...Princess, I'll be back! Most missed = souffles!!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

That's part of the reason I booked aboard Princess this time, was the food reviews. I LOVE food(thus why I started this thread) and wanted a step up experience from what I received aboard NCL when I went last time.

The only restaurants that charge a service charge are Sabatinis and the Crown Grill. Also, the place where you get wine and sushi - they charge, of course, for the wine and then the sushi comes with.

No one has mentioned the french toast served on one of the mornings in the main dining room. Very good.

And only one mentioned the cookies. They make the best cookies. We go for them all but will take the oatmeal raisin first, the peanut butter ones second and chocolate third.

I also agree with the black and blue soup. Much better than the MDR french onion. Too salty the last time I tried it.

In Vines, do they have any other tapas besides sushi? I love sushi, but my DH...not so much. Also in Vines, do they offer any other drinks other than wine?

Beth

In Vines, do they have any other tapas besides sushi? I love sushi, but my DH...not so much. Also in Vines, do they offer any other drinks other than wine?

Beth

We have never gone to vines, just looked at it. It is a small area in the piazza (or it was on the Sapphire) that had maybe a dozen seats. One wall that was to separate Alfredo's from vines held wine bottles. I never saw (for the two week cruise) many people sitting there. But it is located next to a place where you can get pizza and the IC so other food items would be available. There was also a bar next to the IC where one could get other drinks! When we had lunch at Alfredo's one day, people were bringing food items and drinks from other areas so that they could all eat together so I don't see why you couldn't do it at vies as well.

Someone just posted pictures of the upgrades made to the Sun Princess and there was a photo of the wines served on that ship and the COST of the sushi too. So, it is my guess that even the sushi is something one must pay for. (I thought if you had the wine, you could get the sushi for free.)

Hopefully I don't have a bad experience with it. With being my first time trying it, I have no idea what it is suppose to taste like. So, I don't want to be turned off permanently because it just wasn't good on the ship.

Its supposed to be really good fillet of beef, medium rare, coated in a thick duxelle of mushrooms (not pate or liver) and then wrapped in crispy pastry. If you get a really goid one, it is superb, but the Princess offering is not that good and the one we had last week was awful - IMO and that of my husband.

Several posts have mentioned the Goat Cheese Souffle and it sounds good. Is it available every night? I have looked at several menus and I didn't see it mentioned. I'll be on the Island Princess Oct 20 and I want to try it.

If you order a Caesar Salad in the MDR, you can ask for it in a Parmesan Basket.

:D Enjoy!

Now - this I have never though of. Sounds great (with the anchovies). But I have to wait until January to try it. - Bummer! :(

H-

Several posts have mentioned the Goat Cheese Souffle and it sounds good. Is it available every night? I have looked at several menus and I didn't see it mentioned. I'll be on the Island Princess Oct 20 and I want to try it.

We had a window suite on our last cruise so we had the menus for the dining room. I only saw the goat cheese soufflé on one night and that was the only night we went to the dining room. I almost wished I had ordered 2 - it was that good.

We had a window suite on our last cruise so we had the menus for the dining room. I only saw the goat cheese soufflé on one night and that was the only night we went to the dining room. I almost wished I had ordered 2 - it was that good.

After hearing so much about it, I really think the Goat Cheese Soufflé is the one thing I am looking forward to most.

Me too! Goat cheese ANYTHING, actually. :)

My daughter really enjoyed the Goat Cheese on her salad - until she heard it was Goat Cheese and not Cream Cheese.

Ever since then we call it Scream Cheese.

:confused: She's not squeamish about things usually, so it surprises me (she adores squid, tripe, oysters, etc. so why a reaction to goat cheese?).

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

My daughter really enjoyed the Goat Cheese on her salad - until she heard it was Goat Cheese and not Cream Cheese.

Ever since then we call it Scream Cheese.

:confused: She's not squeamish about things usually, so it surprises me (she adores squid, tripe, oysters, etc. so why a reaction to goat cheese?).

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Huh, that is interesting!

Call me over zealous or just getting excited, but I have created a bucket list of foods I NEED to try for sure when I leave in 30 days, based on what I have read on the message boards here. Here it is:

Breakfast sandwich at IC

Chicken Salad at IC

Fettuccine Alfredo in the Parmesan bowl

Escargot

Beef Wellington

All of these, I have heard people mention as being great items to eat. Are there any other foods that you MAKE SURE you have when you are sailing Princess? I love food and would hate to take the cruise and come back and realize I missed the opportunity to try something else that is fantastic.

They have a breakfast bread that is fantastic! Don't know what it's called but I have it every morning. Never tried the Beef Wellington but I think I will next time I cruise which will be in about 15 days!

Try the Croissant Donuts at the IC. They said it was a new offering on the Caribbean princess last week. They look strange - square with a hole in the middle and lots of powdered sugar, but they were very, VERY good.

Oh, NO!!!! :o

I don't think anyone has mentioned the almond croissants yet.

They were available every other or every third day in the dining room for breakfast.

Try the Croissant Donuts at the IC. They said it was a new offering on the Caribbean princess last week. They look strange - square with a hole in the middle and lots of powdered sugar, but they were very, VERY good.

CroNuts!!!!!!

I really love most of the Sorbets, my favorite is the Honeydew on the first night.

I will really miss the scalloped potatoes in CG.

Love the dinner rolls especially on Itallian night. And scones and cream at tea time.

I usually love the Fettuccine Alfredo and the Goat Cheese Souffle, but they are not always consistently good. It depends on how the sauces come out.

From the always available menu I love the Salmon. And the salmon in the MDR lunch when boarding.

And the crown grill has a salad with antique tomatoes that I love.

Hamburgers at lunch in MDR are better than on deck, IMHO.

And the Musili at breakfast is the best. I wish I could get some as good at home. And the papaya at breakfast is usually very good as well, though you may have to ask for it.

And now I am hungry and need to wait a month to get that chicken salad in IC for lunch.

When DH and I went on our BVE we had the hamburger in MD and it was fantastic.

Archived