Weather

Darcy15

Very interesting article. We're going to come over your way in August next year (the trip includes a TA with Norway and Iceland too) and my packing list has short sleeved tops, long sleeves, flannel shirts, and water resistant jackets with hoods. So I figure we're ready for anything.

We live in the desert so it's probably going to take a few days for us to get used to the higher humidity.

Very interesting article. We're going to come over your way in August next year (the trip includes a TA with Norway and Iceland too) and my packing list has short sleeved tops, long sleeves, flannel shirts, and water resistant jackets with hoods. So I figure we're ready for anything.

We live in the desert so it's probably going to take a few days for us to get used to the higher humidity.

Hope you enjoy your time here :)

......shame it wasn't this year. We had the hottest summer for many years! :D

"We had the hottest summer for many years!"

And so did we here in SoCal; however, right now at 3:18 PM, California time, the 5 Freeway is shut down in Sun Valley. I live right next door in Sunland (San Fernando Valley). It is raining Cats & Dogs but It Never Rains in California . . . . Therefore, there is a mudslide on the freeway. :eek:

This whole place shuts down with a few raindrops. My garden loves the rain; however, the California Crazies do not know how to drive, especially in the rain. I am pretending I am in London, Dover, or Dublin ! ;)

"We had the hottest summer for many years!"

And so did we here in SoCal; however, right now at 3:18 PM, California time, the 5 Freeway is shut down in Sun Valley. I live right next door in Sunland (San Fernando Valley). It is raining Cats & Dogs but It Never Rains in California . . . . Therefore, there is a mudslide on the freeway. :eek:

This whole place shuts down with a few raindrops. My garden loves the rain; however, the California Crazies do not know how to drive, especially in the rain. I am pretending I am in London, Dover, or Dublin ! ;)

Autumn is here as well...brrr!!

No rain - quite a surprise! - but it's very chilly this evening. Might have to relent and put the heating on :rolleyes:

.....a lovely summer, but certainly over now.

Hope you don't get washed away with all your rain :)

Very lovely day here. No rain. A few clouds (or Chemtrails). My DD took me to an expensive class today in downtown L.A. at the Farmers Market at sur la table, a very expensive kitchen store that also sells demos & lessons in their professional chef's kitchen. "Sweets & Confections" today. Yeah, right, just what my diet needs. :eek:

Homemade marshmallows (I flavoured mine with cocoanut and turquoise food dye). Carmel, Raspberry something, and one more. Sounds like Bon Bon. What is that? We rolled them in cocoanut or chopped nuts, or cocoa.

Delicious.

Great Day. :cool:

It's a pity this thread - and especially the link - can't be turned into a sticky.

I've just seen another thread asking when the best time to cruise in the British Isles is. I see those type of threads quite often, and I honestly never know what to reply. Our weather here is just so changeable.

Archived