Regatta was very good,but

alexandra cruiser

Anyone who is expecting a Broadway show on Oceania (or any cruise line, for that matter) is setting themselves up for a major disappointment. Not only are the shows a different caliber - so are the performers.

If you were a Broadway/West End quality star, would you prefer to perform on Broadway/West End or on a cruise ship?

Cruise ships attract "fading" stars or second/third tier talent by definition.

That said, with this in mind and appropriate expectations, the performances can be enjoyable and entertaining and many of the performers ARE indeed very talented. We appreciate those who are talented but perhaps not (yet?) ready for Broadway for their talents and efforts.

Same can be said of the quartets - they are obviously not Carnegie Hall caliber, but if they are good, they can be enjoyed as is.

Anyone is free to attend these performances or not, for whatever reason.

Not always third tier. We saw the singer, Norm Lewis on a New England cruise on Crystal, and several weeks later he opened in the leading role in Porgy and Bess on Broadway.

Not always third tier. We saw the singer, Norm Lewis on a New England cruise on Crystal, and several weeks later he opened in the leading role in Porgy and Bess on Broadway.

Norm Lewis is the exception that proves the rule :)

I am truly happy for him and wish the same for many others.

Anyone who is expecting a Broadway show on Oceania (or any cruise line, for that matter) is setting themselves up for a major disappointment. Not only are the shows a different caliber - so are the performers.

If you were a Broadway/West End quality star, would you prefer to perform on Broadway/West End or on a cruise ship?

Cruise ships attract "fading" stars or second/third tier talent by definition.

That said, with this in mind and appropriate expectations, the performances can be enjoyable and entertaining and many of the performers ARE indeed very talented. We appreciate those who are talented but perhaps not (yet?) ready for Broadway for their talents and efforts.

Same can be said of the quartets - they are obviously not Carnegie Hall caliber, but if they are good, they can be enjoyed as is.

Anyone is free to attend these performances or not, for whatever reason.

This is why they have bars and a liquor package..... seldom if ever on any ship do I even attend.:D

One exception we had Paul Williams on Regent from New Zealand to LA, ( academy award winning writer, singer, composer) who wowed everyone on a 36 day cruise.) And....a great guy to sit around and talk with.

and I DO remember that thread.But will double check AGAIN.That is one perk I really enjoy and will have to upgrade if needed.

Sorry, can t remember(for poster who asked) the name of the singer.But he did Tom Jones,Elvis,impersonations.Some on cruise LIKEDd it,so know its subjective.

Glad to hear the bigger ships have more entertainers.Funny, because we were on both Regent and Seabourn(luxury I know)but had good singers and dancers with small ships.Get what you pay for,right.But need itinerary based ones after 25 cruises(have to SEE the world,haha).Will be on Scenic riverboat in June from BUdapest to Bucharest.Try to vary between the two types.;)

\

my TA sent an email he received from Oceania re.this,said NO HOT BREAKFAST IN CONCIERGE.Since this is a dealbreaker,may cancel,upgrade,not sure.But feel INCORRECT info was given to me on Regatta prior to this booking.Good its refundable for certain period.(may check on THAT TOO):confused:

Archived