Captain's Table Question

Planmaam

I've done a search on here for more information, but it seems the search options have changed. I got posts with either the word Captain's or table in them, then when I used a + between the words, the posts that came up had both words, but anywhere within the post, not together. Has anyone else found searches to be like this?

Anyway, I digress...........

My question has to do with the food at the Captain's Table. My sister is telling me my husband and I HAVE to do the Captain's Table with her and her husband on our upcoming cruise, but I don't like much seafood. Are there any other non-seafood lovers out there who have done this and find enough to eat that you like to make it worth the cost? Or do they have options other than seafood? I've heard the menu has not varied. DS insists the wine is worth the price itself, but wine alone does not make a meal! (Well, for me, at least!)

Insight is greatly appreciated.

I've done a search on here for more information' date=' but it seems the search options have changed. I got posts with either the word Captain's or table in them, then when I used a + between the words, the posts that came up had both words, but anywhere within the post, not together. Has anyone else found searches to be like this?

Anyway, I digress...........

My question has to do with the food at the Captain's Table. My sister is telling me my husband and I [i']HAVE[/i] to do the Captain's Table with her and her husband on our upcoming cruise, but I don't like much seafood. Are there any other non-seafood lovers out there who have done this and find enough to eat that you like to make it worth the cost? Or do they have options other than seafood? I've heard the menu has not varied. DS insists the wine is worth the price itself, but wine alone does not make a meal! (Well, for me, at least!)

Insight is greatly appreciated.

If you wish to search, you can go to google and search "NCL Chefs Table" and quite a few threads from CC will come up.

I've never done the Chefs Table, but would like to. Here's the NCL link http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_030612

Unless your sister would have hurt feelings, why not agree to dine separately that evening? Sounds easy, but perhaps not.

For a "Chefs Table" there is a fee per person. The menu is pre-set with a wine served with each course. The dinner will take at least 2 hours.

There is also an "Officer's Dinner" which is free. You sign up at Guest Services and a lottery system people are selected to dine with an Officer. This not not mean that you will dine with the Captain. I have done several of these dinners and have been hosted by a Staff Captain to an Internet Manager. It is a very lovely evening.

I have not done the Chef's Table. But on the Star, at our CC Meet & Greet, the coordinator passed around a sign-up sheet. Most of us were intvited to a tour of the Bridge, and some of us were invited to Dine With An Officer (and I did get to dine with the Captain on my Birthday, as well as the Hotel Director) we had New York Steak and it was wonderful.

So be sure and go to your Meet & Greet and if they are passing around a sign-up sheet, be sure & put your name & cabin number on it.

I also think your referring to the Chef's Table. We did it last year on the Gem and are thinking about doing it again this year. If I remember there was only 1 seafood course. It may just have been the best I've ever tasted but then I like seafood. Even if you pass on the fish, there's plenty to eat. I was slowing down by the time the last couple of courses were served and couldn't finish everything.

The Chef's Table menu includes a tuna tartare appetizer and sea bass as one of the courses. No substitutions but you can just decline the course. There will be plenty of other food to fill you up. Cost is $89 and worth every penny in my opinion.

Tracy

You're all correct if you said I really was referring to the Chef's Table! DUH!!!:o

So it's $89.00 now? In January it was $75.00. Boy, that's inflation!

My sister said she didn't eat everything towards the end, either, and would eat much less of the earlier courses in order to have room for some of all, too.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Archived