Looking for a teen contract

tamirpr

I know this is a long shot, but a year or so ago I read a thread where a parent had a contract for their kids while they cruised. Kind of like the 10 commandments for kids. Does anybody here have a copy of it?

I copied one I saw a few years back. I made it specific to Carnival as it was for another line. Added a couple things for our situation. Got flamed for mentioning it in another post a long time ago. We all parent differently and no two kids are the same. It let the kids know the expectations so there were no misunderstandings. I have to paste it in from my documents.

CRUISE CONTRACT

FOR xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I will be respectful to fellow passengers: this includes walking rather than running, standing back to allow passengers to enter or exit doorways or elevators, no loitering in hall ways or stair wells in the way of fellow passengers, and no climbing on any type of rail, furnishings, or any other inappropriate item.

I will not enter or disrupt areas designated as adults only or quiet areas including adult pools or hot tubs.

I will keep my voice at an appropriate level at all times so as not to disturb other guests.

I will utilize good manners in the dining room including good table manners and respect for other passengers who might be sharing our table or dining near us.

I will not play inappropriate games that would diminish the cruise experience for other passengers such as, but not limited to “Knock and Run”, pushing multiple elevator buttons, or misusing the ship’s phone system.

I will not splash any guests in the pool area or play games which would disturb others in the pool area.

I will be respectful and kind to crew members and staff.

I will respect the laws of each country I visit.

I will not be involved in any way with any kind of illegal drugs or prescription drugs not prescribe for me.

I will respect the ship’s curfew rules, and respect my parent’s curfew rules which will supersede any of the ship’s policies. For example my curfew might be 11:00 pm when the ship’s rule says the curfew is 12:00 midnight.

Safety Rules

The following safety rules are designed to keep me safe in an emergency, from assault or misconduct by other guests or staff, and to prevent accidents or even death:

I will pay attention and follow all instructions during safety drills.

I will be aware of our muster station and will practice getting there on my own.

No other passengers or staff member may enter my cabin when I am present, especially but not limited to members of the opposite sex.

I will not enter any cabin other than our own unless accompanied by my parents.

I will not enter a balcony with-out a parent present.

I will not wander, loiter, or utilize open decks in the evenings or loiter in unsupervised locations during the evenings.

In order to prevent the possibility of a drug being slipped into my drink, I will not accept drinks from other passengers and will keep my own beverages with-in my sight at all times. If I lose sight of my beverage I will order a new one.

According the ship’s policy I will not leave the ship without a parent.

According to ship’s policy I will not throw anything overboard.

I will not enter any staff only or restricted areas of the ship unless on an organized pre-approved group tour.

I will not climb on any rail, or furniture anywhere near a railing, or any furniture at all.

When in my room alone I will hang a do not disturb sign so that staff members should not enter. I will remove the sign upon exiting the room so that staff members may clean my room.

On Board Spending

The following rules insure that I am responsible for my finances.

I will remember my Sail and Sign Card with me at all times and guard it as I would both my house key and cash.

I have saved up __________ amount and my parents have given me an allowance of ___________. I am not to exceed spending over this amount throughout the cruise.

I will save my receipts and reconcile those receipts with my parents spending account on a daily basis to insure I am not over spending.

Sanitation

The following rules insure that I am responsible for my own health the health of others:

I understand that I could either spread or pick up NoroVirus and other infectious agents through poor sanitation habits. I will wash with soap and water after all bathroom visits for 2 minutes while singing “Happy Birthday” twice to myself. I will also wash before all meals, and utilize the hand sanitizer in a generous amount for at least 20 seconds when entering a dining facility or youth facility and be careful not to touch surfaces after washing.

I understand that spreading NoroVirus or other agents could result in serious illness or even death in other passengers with compromised immune systems.

Family Respect

The following rules insure that our whole family enjoys a stress free vacation:

I will always keep my parents informed as to my location. Each day I will identify a schedule with my parents utilizing the youth schedule and the ship’s activity schedule. If for some reason a planned activity is cancelled or plans change, we will immediately report our location to one another with an update on our activity. Alternatively, if we are unable to immediately locate each-other we will leave sticky notes in a prominent place in our cabin with our locations or use the whiteboard.

Our family will schedule pre-arranged check in times. I will watch the clock and be able to seek out a clock to stay aware of these times and the arranged check in location.

I will report each evening at the designated time to dress for dinner and attend any pre-dinner event with my parents.

I will dress according to the ship’s dress code every evening.

I will attend dinner with my family unless I have made pre-approved plans not to exceed more than 1 evening per 7 nights of the cruise.

I will be respectful at all times to my parents and show them how much I appreciate them taking me on this fantastic privilege of a cruise.

Consequences for Not Following This Contract

Depending on the severity of the rules violation parents or the cruise line may impose the following consequences including but not limited to these punishments:

Loss of Sail and Sign Beverage Privileges

This means that we will retain your sail and sign card and you are limited to free beverages such as tea and juice for an appropriate period of time.

Loss of Youth Program or Teen Program and independent pursuits.

This means loss of independence and you would be required to remain with a parent at all times until the period of restriction expires.

In Cabin Confinement

You would be restricted to your cabin for a period of time, possibly without TV privileges.

Loss of Future Cruise Privileges

This policy could be enforced by parents or the cruise line.

Disembarkation from the Ship.

For severe behavior violations, the cruise line reserves the right to disembark passengers at the next port with no refunds or assistance in returning home.

In signing below, I understand acknowledge that I have read the terms of the above contract and agree to abide by the rules and comply with the punishments should I be in violation.

Parent/Guardian_______________________________ Date_________

Minor Passenger_______________________________ Date_________

Here is the one I have pulled together from various posts here on CC. As a previous poster mentioned, each of our kids is different and you will most likely need to adjust as necessary for your family, cruise line, etc.

First of all we want all of us to have fun. This should be a relaxing, enjoyable vacation. We hope that noting our expectations and rules before we depart will avoid any misunderstandings on-board. Note that violation of these rules will result in you being required to stay with us or in your cabin and therefore you will not be able to participate in any of the teen activities. These rules are not in place to say that we do not trust you, but to ensure we can all enjoy our trip.

• You are not to enter any cabins other than ours. It does not matter if it is the cabin of a new friend or someone we know (unless one of us expressly approves this).

• No one else is to enter our cabins.

• If you are in your cabin alone – hang the do not disturb sign on the door. This should prevent any RCCL employee from entering. Please ensure you remove it when you leave the room.

• You are not to drink any beverage unless it is handed to you by a family member or an RCCL staff member. You are not to drink from anything you have let out of your sight. Some people have been known to slip drugs into other people’s drinks. This is a lifelong rule that should be followed in any social situation.

• We expect to know where you are on the ship. We will use notes in our cabin to let each other know where we can be found.

• You are not to loiter or play in the stairwells, hallways, or elevators. Activities such as “knock and run” or calling other cabins to hang up will not be tolerated.

• We will decide on a curfew each night. The ship’s curfew is 1 AM since you are under 18. We have the right to require you to be in the cabin earlier if we feel the need.

• Your Sea Pass is tied to my credit card. It is to be used only by you. You may not buy other people drinks, snacks, arcade games, or souvenirs. You have a budget of $xx. If you exceed this budget without our approval, you will need to reimburse us.

• If you loose your Seapass you are to immediately notify one of us.

• We expect to eat dinner together most nights. There is flexibility if there is an alternate activity you would prefer to attend as long as we have discussed it in advance (at least that morning).

• If there are kids you would prefer to hang out with instead of the teen club, I need to meet them.

• If you order room service, you must tip the delivery person. We will provide a small amount of money for this.

• If we arrange a check-in time and you miss it then you are “grounded” for the next 24 hours. This means that you must stay with us or in your cabin.

• No visits to the outside areas of the upper deck at night alone.

• Put anything of value into the cabin safe. Cell phones are only to be taken out of the safe when we ask you to. Texts and calls are expensive and not in your budget.

• Do not leave the ship without one of us.

and also to add, make sure you talk about all of this prior to boarding the ship and make sure the kids are well aware of the consequences.

We have had to impose the consequences once on my son. He got the point and has followed the rules ever since!!

and also to add, make sure you talk about all of this prior to boarding the ship and make sure the kids are well aware of the consequences.

We have had to impose the consequences once on my son. He got the point and has followed the rules ever since!!

Thank you for all of this! We have kids ranging from 17, 13, 10 and 6, so all of these rules apply to at least one of them. lol Right now we're just drilling our cabin number into their brains, especially the six-year-old. I'm not much concerned about the 6 and 10 because they will be with us or in kids club. It's the other two I'm worried about.

be a bit selective as to what you include in the contract -- too much and your teen's eyes will just glaze over. Try to organize and simplify the list of rules and then be certain they know you intend to FULLY enforce it.

Archived