Breakaway - Cake Boss ?

lgfromdg

Baked on board . There may be a few items that are parbaked.. ;)

I have been in the Galley stores a few times and have never seen frozen (breads/pastry)

Edit: What does amaze me , are the number of big cases of Anchovies they carry.

I guess its the whole Norwegian thing.

Does anyone know if they bake their goodies daily or do they bring them onboard frozen?

I was told when we bought some "Lobster Tail's" everything including the cup cakes were baked off site. They are "filled or frosted on the ship

All kidding aside , you are referring to " Cake Boss " right?

"" Carlo's Bake Shop will be located on Deck 8 and his pastries will also be featured in the Atrium's coffee shop. Signature menu items will include freshly baked cookies, cakes and pies, such as Buddy's famous Oreo, Dark Chocolate Mousse and Purple Groovy Fondant cakes; Italian butter cookies; biscottis; and an assortment of cupcakes. Luscious chocolate and vanilla cannolis, cream-filled lobster tails, and individual treats such as strawberry cheesecake, chocolate truffle and tiramisu round out the menu. The delectable goodies will be available for purchase à la carte.""

If that means "freshly baked" on board or not ?? ;)

What are all those wonderful smells wafting down the back of the ship ;)

They must pump it in

Of course the ship has a bakery, but they are not baking Carlos stuff. I'm just telling you what I was told when I asked the woman at the counter. Why do you think everything is cold, it just came out of the freezer. It was the first time I had a cold cup cake, @ $4.75 it was not worth it:eek:

I was on the Breakaway last week and asked for a cannoli without chocolate chips and was told they come with chips or covered with chocolate from the bakery. So, we decided to split a lobster claw; I've had better. It tasted as if it were sitting in the case for an extended time. The decorated cakes in the case looked like the same ones that are carried in my local supermarket from Carlo's and at BJ's.

Darcy

The Cake Boss family was on my 8/25 sailing. I spoke with a few of the family members about their pastries. The cupcakes are frozen and frosted on board. The lobster tails are made fresh and it's their own filling recipe. The lobster tail was delicious!! I had 3 while onboard. I live in NYC and am picky about pastries and cake. Also, while I was on the BA my bf ordered onboard the Monday during our sailing, one of the cakes from the shop for my bday on Friday. I wound up sea sick on Friday so the cake was held in the Haven restaurant until Saturday. The cake was VERY fresh and delicious. Wasn't frozen. I took the cake home from the ship on Sunday and still ate it on Monday. The cake was delicious!! The cupcake was ok. There was no filling inside, just frosted on top. My next BA sailing I plan on getting pastries again from the shop.

while onboard I sampled the Sfogliatella ( lobster tail ) and it was ok. after I got off the ship and back home I went to federal hill a local Italian neighborhood and had another. I realized then that carlos ,at least onboard had some homework to do. Also not very long ago carlos gave away 10k yes 10k frozen cakes at a local giveaway and they looked exactly like the ones on the ship.

Archived