purchasing bottle of alcohol onboard NCL?

danogg

Another quick question, I believe that I read somewhere that they will sell 1 bottle per adult, so DW and I could order two bottles, is that correct?

Are you refering to a bar set up or buying on board ?

If bar set up , sky's the limit . If buying on board , I have not had the pleasure yet. Dont Know. ;)

Ooops, this would be the bar setup. I figure two bottles should do the trick:D.

Well .. That depends on how long your cruise is .

Personaly I find 3 to be the magic number .

When ordering they dont ask how many adults , just what do you need ..;)

And CC number .

As I stated, yes you can do this on board. I saw the bottles listed on a menu last week. ;)

While on the Gem in October..I did see a section at the back of the bar menu in the atrium /lobby bar...for purchasing bottles onboard...it seemed to be a short list (shorter for sure than online prepurchase)--and I do not remember the prices--

While on the Gem in October..I did see a section at the back of the bar menu in the atrium /lobby bar...for purchasing bottles onboard...it seemed to be a short list (shorter for sure than online prepurchase)--and I do not remember the prices--

What was on the list? Rum/Whiskey or was is only wines?

I ordered a bar set-up last week and specifically asked whether it was offered onboard not, the CSR asked her supervisor and said that bar set-ups still had to be ordered before the cruise.

I ordered a bar set-up last week and specifically asked whether it was offered onboard not, the CSR asked her supervisor and said that bar set-ups still had to be ordered before the cruise.

I believe there were a couple of brands each of vodka,gin,whiskey, rum, etc...sorry--do not remember specifics...but it sure was liquor..!!;)

I do remember thinking the prices were not cheap ...!!!--

Edited by jaja

As usual, those working for NCL know less than those of us sailing. :cool:

Not only did I see a menu for bottles (September, Star), at the same price as the bar set-up, the on board menu had a greater selection. ;) I noted everything on the bar set up menu and then some. Example, you could buy Svedka, Ketel One or Grey Goose vodka instead of just Smirnoff or Grey Goose on the bar set-up menu.

Edited by Cubechick

As usual, those working for NCL know less than those of us sailing. :cool:

Not only did I see a menu for bottles (September, Star), at the same price as the bar set-up, the on board menu had a greater selection. ;) I noted everything on the bar set up menu and then some. Example, you could buy Svedka, Ketel One or Grey Goose vodka instead of just Smirnoff or Grey Goose on the bar set-up menu.

Thank you!