Airfare through Carnival

Katemusical

Hi everyone.

Im very frustrated. Hopefully someone can help me.

My hubby and I bought our airfare through Carnival for our Xmas cruise. We were told through Carnival that we would know our flights assigned at the 75 day mark. Well we are past that now. Ive called and still nothing in their computers.

Then I was told that we have to check in for it to appear on their website. So I did and of course...nothing.

Has anyone else ever bought airfare through Carnival? When did you find out your flights?

I've used Carnival Air twice,,,both times for a Trans Atlantic flight. Both times the flights (which were quite good) were assigned on the 75 day mark,,,exactly. I've had nothing but good luck and good things to say about Carnival Air. ;)

"SKY"

We did this recently. Here's what you need to do--log in to "manage your cruise." Once you do this open up the link to the particular cruise for which you purchased the air fare. At this point you need to "view cruise documents." Once there, click on all three boxes (print luggage tags, print boarding passes, print general information), and hit submit. Once the next page comes up scroll down. If you have been assigned airline tickets the ticket arrangements will show up once you scroll down four or five pages.

Hope that helps!

Yes, you might get a better price booking air travel through CCL, BUT, you are at their mercy as far as flight times, layovers, and when you arrive.

My suggestion is to book your own flights, arriving the day before, if possible.

This may seem to be an inconvenience, but, the piece of mind of being in control of your travel plans may well be worth it to you.

Mind you, this is MHO, but I do mean you well.;)

Yes, you might get a better price booking air travel through CCL, BUT, you are at their mercy as far as flight times, layovers, and when you arrive.

My suggestion is to book your own flights, arriving the day before, if possible.

This may seem to be an inconvenience, but, the piece of mind of being in control of your travel plans may well be worth it to you.

i just checked on kayak.com and the cheapest flight from LAS to SJU is over $900 pp.:eek:

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover

Hi everyone.

Im very frustrated. Hopefully someone can help me.

My hubby and I bought our airfare through Carnival for our Xmas cruise. We were told through Carnival that we would know our flights assigned at the 75 day mark. Well we are past that now. Ive called and still nothing in their computers.

Then I was told that we have to check in for it to appear on their website. So I did and of course...nothing.

Has anyone else ever bought airfare through Carnival? When did you find out your flights?

I did and didnt get the info until about 2 weeks before my cruise.

I only used their air when they had the fly aweigh program, and air was included.

The first time it was split out, I found they were charging more, and putting me on poor routes with layovers. So I booked myself.

My only exceptions was cruising from Puerto Rico or to Hawaii.

It was more expensive booking flights through carnival for me than it was doing it on my own - i actually saved about $400 round trip by booking my own flights directly through the airlines

• 1 month later...
We got our flights about 4 weeks prior. We are leaving next Saturday and I am pleased with all of our flight times scheduled through Carnival. It was also cheaper to do it through them.

When you book, they give you the price, but not the tickets? How do you compare that cost to what the cost is/was a the time the ticket is issued?

I looked into it before we booked and was told carnival had nonsuch program, much to my frustration after everything is paid for I find out about the stupid fly aweigh program. Unfortunately I cannot help. We used flight network and got a pretty good deal.

Edited by Staticfire229

I had Carnival book our air for flights from Denver to Europe. Things appeared to be much cheaper than booking it myself.

The flights were cheaper, but by the time we finally got our flights, we discovered they did not book them on the correct days.

We complained but Carnival refused to do anything about it.

Hope people book their flights is best being an informed decisions. Not one of the above posts, even mentions the restrictions of the tickets they purchased through Carnival?

Were they aware, they might not have been transferable? Know what that means? Some may also think, these flights- "guarantee" they will get to their cruise ship, wrong. Flights are run by the airlines, not the cruise lines. Money is the common priority, it appears above. May not always be the best option.

For more specific information, that anyone who goes with "cruise air", should probably consider looking at, is in a sticky on the Cruise Air board. Very informed regular posters who can also answer any question.