Port Of Miami Question Carnival Liberty

Midwestgal

We're flying into Fort Lauderdale the night before, our hotel does have a shuttle that will take up to the port for $30.00 pp and it leaves at 12:00. I decided to just take a private car service for $99.00 including tip leaving at 11:00 putting us at the port well by noon. However the hotel shuttle driver is telling me that the port doesn't open until 1:00 so getting there earlier is a waste.

Question ....Is he saying we can't even get into the port before 1:00? Is it closed for people arriving? Have I not read that people are on by noon having lunch?

I know the cabin won't be ready, I'm thinking the shuttle guy just wants to fill the shuttle this is why he's saying this.

We're flying into Fort Lauderdale the night before, our hotel does have a shuttle that will take up to the port for $30.00 pp and it leaves at 12:00. I decided to just take a private car service for $99.00 including tip leaving at 11:00 putting us at the port well by noon. However the hotel shuttle driver is telling me that the port doesn't open until 1:00 so getting there earlier is a waste.

Question ....Is he saying we can't even get into the port before 1:00? Is it closed for people arriving? Have I not read that people are on by noon having lunch?

I know the cabin won't be ready, I'm thinking the shuttle guy just wants to fill the shuttle this is why he's saying this.

He is lying to you. We were going to park at an offsite parking lot and they told us the same lie.

we arrived at the port at 10 am and no problem getting to the waiting area for Liberty last week.

I have been told that by hotel shuttles too. Never had a problem getting into the ports during the 10:30 to 11:30 time frame. Sometimes the porters and drop off ares can be really busy while the ship unloads, (especially in Tampa) but no one has stopped us from going into the terminal that late in the morning.

Thanks, that's what I thought but it had me second guessing myself. We have priority boarding so I'm thinking we should breeze right through.

Driver is picking us up at 11:00 so we should be on board by 12:30 I hope

I'm heading out of Doral at 10:00AM to the POM on the day of our cruise. I assume I will be there around 10:30AM, which should be enough time to check in 17 people. Luckily we have the FTTF passes, so if it was like it was last cruise, we should be on the Lido Deck by 11:30am! In fact I believe we are on the same cruise... I'll wave down to you when you arrive!

We got to the port at 10:00 am and they started boarding at 11:00.

I'm heading out of Doral at 10:00AM to the POM on the day of our cruise. I assume I will be there around 10:30AM, which should be enough time to check in 17 people. Luckily we have the FTTF passes, so if it was like it was last cruise, we should be on the Lido Deck by 11:30am! In fact I believe we are on the same cruise... I'll wave down to you when you arrive!

Yes we are! Now I might just have the car get us at 10:30:D:D

He just wants to fill the shuttle, I have arrived at the port as early as 10:00.

Archived