Thoughts on the Caribbean

JVNYC

Slightly off the topic... on your comment adove. Walt Disney, when traveling abroad brought cans of Denisons Chili to eat.

At the premier of Mary Poppins in London he stayed at the Dorchester, and had the chef fix him his cans of Chili daily for dinner, ( Walt hated steaks, chops roasts) and loveded mac and cheese and spam.......... so your in good company.:D

what a cool bit of info!!! Amazing!!!...a man of interesting "tastes"...and such a founder of an American Icon!!! LuAnn

Desert islands are not our favourites. While I would prefer a week in Aruba any January or February to a week in Ontario, we love the more lush places like Grenada, Dominica, St Lucia, and Guatemala. Yet in all our favourite islands we have heard people say that they did not bother getting off the ship because there is nothing there. How would they know? :confused::rolleyes:

All the Caribbean islands are exactly the same - if you do not go past the bars, the Diamonds International and the chain hotels. If you do go a little further, you will find gorgeous scenery, interesting activities, friendly people, and even history if you bother to research it.

Why not read James A Michener's "Caribbean". Parts are pretty brutal, but that is the islands' history.

one of my favorite authors...learned so much about "Caribbean", "Texas", "Hawaii", "Alaska" etc. what a great writer!!! LuAnn

2 Carribean cruises so far, East and West.Doing South next Dec.

We like that we can just drive down to Miami or Ft.Lauderdale.

Usually go over the holidays to get away and avoid the whole xmas,new year,thanksgiving thing.

Sorry, but I wouldnt say ALL our the SAME.Some nicer than others.But would NOT go back to others,,hint Belize,Haiti,etc.:p

Desert islands are not our favourites. While I would prefer a week in Aruba any January or February to a week in Ontario, we love the more lush places like Grenada, Dominica, St Lucia, and Guatemala. Yet in all our favourite islands we have heard people say that they did not bother getting off the ship because there is nothing there. How would they know? :confused::rolleyes:

All the Caribbean islands are exactly the same - if you do not go past the bars, the Diamonds International and the chain hotels. If you do go a little further, you will find gorgeous scenery, interesting activities, friendly people, and even history if you bother to research it.

I agree

We have spent a few weeks on some of the islands & no problem

The place we do avoid is Cozumel when they have more than 2 ships in port ;)

Lyn

No interest in further Caribbean cruises until the Oceania Riviera's Mayan Mysteries cruise, Jan. 3-13, 2014. All new ports of call for us, and our favorite cruise ship ever, so we're in...

Archived