Overnite stay in Baltimore,MD

3red7s

To all,

My BIL is setting up his cruise for March 2014 & is looking for a safe, comfortable hotel, close to the cruise terminal....or one that offers shuttle service. I rave about the folks Cruise Critics and how they know alot about EVERYTHING. Can you offer some suggestions? Thank you so much

To all' date='

My BIL is setting up his cruise for March 2014 & is looking for a safe, comfortable hotel, close to the cruise terminal....or one that offers shuttle service. I rave about the folks Cruise Critics and how they know alot about EVERYTHING. Can you offer some suggestions? Thank you so much[/quote']

We stay at Hyatt Place in Lithicum Heights Md. They have a shuttle to and from BWI and Train stations and cruise port. Hot/cold breakfast also available. Make sure he books early as that is Spring Break time and bookings go fast :-)

We have booked thru Trinity Resverations, have great prices, transfer to port, and breakfast included. You can google them, in April a group of us booked thru them and stayed at the Best Western , they also have free parking up to two weeks.

Are you going to be arriving in Baltimore early the day before you cruise or are you getting in that night? The reason I ask is because if you are getting in early and will have some time the day before, I would recommend the Inner Harbor area as there are shops, a mall, the National Aquarium, things to do and see. However, this area will be more expensive and if you have a car will probably cost you hefty daily parking charge as well. Also not a great place to be walking around after dark. I have stayed at the Residence Inn Inner Harbor as well as the Courtyard Inner Harbor and would recommend both.

If you would be just coming in the night before, I would recommend the Linthicum Heights area about 9 miles away from the port. Rates should be less expensive and you would be more likely to find something with a shuttle.

Here is the Baltimore Cruise port website that has some great info.

http://www.cruise.maryland.gov/content/hotels

Hope this helps

To all' date='

My BIL is setting up his cruise for March 2014 & is looking for a safe, comfortable hotel, close to the cruise terminal....or one that offers shuttle service. I rave about the folks Cruise Critics and how they know alot about EVERYTHING. Can you offer some suggestions? Thank you so much[/quote']

there is nothing 'near' the pier as the pier is in the middle of the industrial section of Baltimore and no where near the Inner Harbor.

plenty of ones that offer a park and cruise package. go over to the Embarkation ports section and ask there.

WE stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at the Stadiums and loved it. they have a criuse package where you can keep your car there for the week. shuttle to the inner harbor and port drop off and pick up. the drivers were great, loved the inner harbor. took a water taxi to fells point for dinner the hotel is clean and basic and not too much around it but the shuttles and service and free parking and breakfast were great. will stay there again!

there's Stay123 dot com and trinitiy reservations dot com. The prices were actually a bit better on trinity and a number of those on our roll call had used them before. I booked an overnight that includes breakfast, port transfers, and free parking for the duration of the cruise. It's cheaper than parking at the port (which is $15/day).

Agree totally with "shopper77" We have stayed at the Best Western on a few occasions and have them booked again for December. Shuttle to port, free breakfast, free parking, and friendly staff and the price was less than $100 for both of us. Try Trinity Reservations, they are very helpful and great also.

Are you going to be arriving in Baltimore early the day before you cruise or are you getting in that night? The reason I ask is because if you are getting in early and will have some time the day before, I would recommend the Inner Harbor area as there are shops, a mall, the National Aquarium, things to do and see. However, this area will be more expensive and if you have a car will probably cost you hefty daily parking charge as well. Also not a great place to be walking around after dark. I have stayed at the Residence Inn Inner Harbor as well as the Courtyard Inner Harbor and would recommend both.

If you would be just coming in the night before, I would recommend the Linthicum Heights area about 9 miles away from the port. Rates should be less expensive and you would be more likely to find something with a shuttle.

Here is the Baltimore Cruise port website that has some great info.

http://www.cruise.maryland.gov/content/hotels

Hope this helps

I totally agree with this. I live minutes from Lithicum Heights and about 20 minutes from the pier. If you are flying in the afternoon/evening of the cruise, Lithicum Heights near the airport works. There isn't a whole lot there, but it's really close to the airport and some do have shuttle services. You can walk to a couple of places, but in terms of transportation, it's not the really accessible to other places. Taking a taxi somewhere isn't cheap either.

IF you are arriving earlier then staying near the inner harbor is a lot of fun. Lots of places to grab a nice dinner, walk the inner harbor. It's going to be more expensive of course, so it depends on what you are looking for.

Agree totally with "shopper77" We have stayed at the Best Western on a few occasions and have them booked again for December. Shuttle to port, free breakfast, free parking, and friendly staff and the price was less than $100 for both of us. Try Trinity Reservations, they are very helpful and great also.

We have booked thru Trinity Resverations, have great prices, transfer to port, and breakfast included. You can google them, in April a group of us booked thru them and stayed at the Best Western , they also have free parking up to two weeks.

We also stayed the BW in Elkridge, booked through Trinity Reservations this past April. It is a nice property and as mentioned includes breakfast, parking and shuttle to/from port (and airport if needed). There is also a restaurant/pub right in the parking lot. We've booked again for our upcoming trip in January.

We also stayed the BW in Elkridge, booked through Trinity Reservations this past April. It is a nice property and as mentioned includes breakfast, parking and shuttle to/from port (and airport if needed). There is also a restaurant/pub right in the parking lot. We've booked again for our upcoming trip in January.

I completely agree with heatherbean. I've stayed at BW plus in elkridge several times, always pleasant experience dealing with both the hotel & trinity. Absolutely best service from both, but several of the other park-cruise-stay sites not bad, but not as good. I plan to be there again in Jan.

I'm sure if you stay at any of their suggested hotels (Sleep Inn,BWI,etc.)you should be ok.

Edited by rocketrobin
addition

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We stay at Hyatt Place in Lithicum Heights Md. They have a shuttle to and from BWI and Train stations and cruise port. Hot/cold breakfast also available. Make sure he books early as that is Spring Break time and bookings go fast :-)

We are staying at the Wingate Wyndham in Linthicum Heights. Do you know anything about this hotel. Looks pretty nice. We got the park and cruise package.

• 2 weeks later...

We also endorse Trinity and Best Western in Elkridge

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

• 2 weeks later...
We are staying at the Wingate Wyndham in Linthicum Heights. Do you know anything about this hotel. Looks pretty nice. We got the park and cruise package.

Did you stay here for your cruise yet? If so, how much was the cruise package and how was the hotel? We are still looking for one for our march cruise.

Thanks for any info:)

We are booked at the Marriot Inner Harbor for our cruise in March 2014. It's on the water and I'm hoping we can see the ship terminal!

Actually the Marriott Inner Harbor is not on the water, it is at the corner of S. Eutaw St. and W. Lombard St. There is another full service Marriott that does overlook the water, it is the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront. It is a high rise hotel that if you have a high floor room on the southside of the hotel you can see the port.

Actually the Marriott Inner Harbor is not on the water, it is at the corner of S. Eutaw St. and W. Lombard St. There is another full service Marriott that does overlook the water, it is the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront. It is a high rise hotel that if you have a high floor room on the southside of the hotel you can see the port.

No - the Courtyard Inner Harbor is on Aliceanna Street and overlooks the water. I should have said Courtyard, not Marriott.

No - the Courtyard Inner Harbor is on Aliceanna Street and overlooks the water. I should have said Courtyard, not Marriott.

I agree with the location of the Courtyard but, if you go one block west on Aliceanna St. you would be at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront. It is at the end of Aliceanna St.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I agree with the location of the Courtyard but, if you go one block west on Aliceanna St. you would be at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront. It is at the end of Aliceanna St.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm very happy with the hotel we chose :)

I'm very happy with the hotel we chose :)

Hi MalervyC. The Courtyard is not waterfront, but you may have a water view from a high floor. I park in the garage quite frequently. Your hotel is a very short walk to the waterfront. It's located in Harbor East, which is a lovely, upscale area. Have a beverage on the terrace at the Four Seasons, weather permitting, of course. We love every restaurant in Harbor East. There's also a Whole Foods and CVS. Enjoy! http://www.harboreast.com/

Edited by madelinerose

Hi MalervyC. The Courtyard is not waterfront, but you may have a water view from a high floor. I park in the garage quite frequently. Your hotel is a very short walk to the waterfront. It's located in Harbor East, which is a lovely, upscale area. Have a beverage on the terrace at the Four Seasons, weather permitting, of course. We love every restaurant in Harbor East. There's also a Whole Foods and CVS. Enjoy! http://www.harboreast.com/

Thank you so much for the feedback!! I'm very excited to walk around and see the Inner Harbor!! We are planning on visiting Blue Moon Cafe for Capt Crunch French toast!! DH wants Phillips for dinner but I'm not a seafood person. Do you have any other restaurant recommendations??

Thank you so much for the feedback!! I'm very excited to walk around and see the Inner Harbor!! We are planning on visiting Blue Moon Cafe for Capt Crunch French toast!! DH wants Phillips for dinner but I'm not a seafood person. Do you have any other restaurant recommendations??

What sort of food are you looking for? Lots of food near the Inner Harbor. Some might require a cab. Just depends on what you're interested in, and what you want to spend...

What sort of food are you looking for? Lots of food near the Inner Harbor. Some might require a cab. Just depends on what you're interested in, and what you want to spend...

We will have our car so we can drive if there is a place nearby. I don't mind spending money for a good meal.

Check this out and see what you think

http://winemarketbistro.com/

It's a little out of the way, but reachable by cab. You may need the address as far too many cabbies don't know it exists. They are a legitimate wine shop, and serve wine at retail plus a corkage fee, which is pretty rare. The food is generally outstanding, and they have been known to have an excellent crab cake. They're also kind of a local secret that I found out about through an event sponsored by some Baltimorons (their term, not mine!), and I've since paid to eat there a couple of times, and been to several more events. It would also be a great place to grab your two bottles to carry on...

Otherwise, there are a lot of cool places in Little Italy. The Harbor East area (between the Inner Harbor and Fells Point) has taken off lately and there are several places along the water in that general direction.

But, check out the web page for the Wine Market. It's really good...