When does Princess assign guarantee cabins?

BCMom

Hi....new to Princess and was just curious as when you might expect a cabin assignment on a guarantee booking. Just booked an oceanview guarantee on the transatlantic sailing of the Golden for Aug 20th and was wondering how a person could check on their cabin assignment. Will it show up on your personal booking page on the Princess website when you have been assigned? Thanks for the help!

Debbie

Yes, keep checking the Princess Personalizer. Your cabin number can show up there anytime before you board. Then again other times, you will not know until you actually get to the ship. But usually is is before you leave.

It can happen anytime until 48 hours prior to sailing at which point the Dispatcher will finalize the voyage. Keep checking your cruise personalizer and once your assigned a cabin it will show there in your booking summary.

Just as an example I am on the Pacific Princess on July 26/05 and still on a guarantee with no cabin assigned as of yet.....:rolleyes:

Our last cruise in April, we found out 2 days before boarding what our guarantee cabin # was. Another time it was 2 weeks before. It can be almost any time they want to. Yes, keep watching your booking page on the Princess site. There is where we found ours for the 2 days before boarding. We have done 4 guarantee bookings, and never have been disappointed. Just be patient. Happy cruising.

One thing to remember as a general rule, the longer it takes them to assign you a cabin the better your odds are of receiving an upgrade...if they could assign you one now...they would...the fact they can't or won't mean they don't have anything in the category you paid for to assign you right away.

One thing to remember as a general rule, the longer it takes them to assign you a cabin the better your odds are of receiving an upgrade...if they could assign you one now...they would...the fact they can't or won't mean they don't have anything in the category you paid for to assign you right away.

Not really true.. For my December cruise I booked a GTY.. So far I have been upgraded twice with 5 months to go

Originally Posted by PrincessAddict

"...One thing to remember as a general rule"...please read before we "pounce"....is this a normal and general rule to be upgraded 2 times prior to sailing in the fact that it happens to most of us most of the time on our bookings? You confirmed my point ...they didn't have a cabin in the CAT you paid for otherwise you would of got that 2 times over again before you sailed!...oyvay!...thank God it's Friday!

...Larry did you and Ron go to the same high school or something I am missing?:D

"...One thing to remember as a general rule"...please read before we "pounce"....is this a normal and general rule to be upgraded 2 times prior to sailing in the fact that it happens to most of us most of the time on our bookings? You confirmed my point ...they didn't have a cabin in the CAT you paid for otherwise you would of got that 2 times over again before you sailed!...oyvay!...thank God it's Friday!

...Larry did you and Ron go to the same high school or something I am missing?:D

I didn't pounce, just stated a fact that you can be upgraded at any time and that waiting until the sailing date does not generally increase the odds for an upgrade..

As for the high school crack, I have no idea what you are talking about.. Would you care to explain that in more detail? Don't know about you, but I graduated HS at the age of 16 which was a very long time ago..

Graduated from high school a long time ago in the midwest - never met Largin, but I am honored that you place me in the same category as a worldly and knowledgeable person as he. Thank you very much!

Ron

Aloha Board...

Question: My W and I recieved our assigned cabins when we booked (B514), am I to understand that this is not a gnty? Realizgin of course, that there are very few things that are guaranteed in life...

R&V

June 15th - NEWBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aloha Board...

Question: My W and I recieved our assigned cabins when we booked (B514), am I to understand that this is not a gnty? Realizgin of course, that there are very few things that are guaranteed in life...

R&V

June 15th - NEWBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most likely this will be your cabin but you never know when the upgrade fairy will be nice to you. You can book a GTY cabin when you first book the cruise.. This will ensure you of at least the category you originally booked and potentially an upgrade.. Problem being that normal upgrades are the same type of cabin, just in a different location and that sometime you will get the same category but in a worse location..

Rob and Vi...

when you book your cruise you can either choose your specific cabin, which is what it sounds like you did.

or ...you can book what is called a "guarantee"...which is when you do not book a specific room, but instead book a guaranteed minimum catagory. That means the cruise line will assign you a room at the catagory you booked at or a higher catagory, but not a lower one. Sometimes you find out the room #when you get your documents in the mail, sometimes you find out when you show up at port.

Sounds like you booked for a specific room and not what is called a "guarantee"

We are booked on the Sapphire for 8/21 inside passage w/gty FF oceanview obstructed. We rec'd our cabin # several weeks ago - it's still an FF. Is there a chance to still be upgraded & should I keep looking on the personalizer to see, or, are I pretty set on the current E317 room assignment.

We are booked on the Sapphire for 8/21 inside passage w/gty FF oceanview obstructed. We rec'd our cabin # several weeks ago - it's still an FF. Is there a chance to still be upgraded & should I keep looking on the personalizer to see, or, are I pretty set on the current E317 room assignment.

I booked an AE GTY on the Sapphire Princess 9/18. We were assigned our cabin D418, cat AA before Memorial Day. I have never been assigned a cabin on a GTY that early before on any cruise line.

I have an AD guarantee for the 9/24 sailing of the Caribbean Princess, so far no cabin has turned up on my personalizer.

I have a question for anyone out there with a guaranteee and no cabin yet.

Is the status on your booking summary blank? The one just above the number of nights? Also does the trip appear on your cruise history?

The reason that I ask is that I have another cruise in December, which has a room, has a status of Confirmed, and it does appear on my cruise history as Future.

I am wondering if it is related to the guarantee, or something else. It does show my correct prev passenger status and cc number.

Cheers,

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

I am booked on a GTY for 10-22-2005 for the Golden out of New York City. We booked a BA GTY figuring the higest balcony on a GTY would put us into a Mini-Suite. We are just under 90 days out and I got an email from Princess with our booking number and I was surprised to see an assigned cabin -- a BA. Quite possibly I outsmarted myself this time. Although the best location BA is probably better than the worst location AD, I was a bit disappointed. Normally our GTY doesn't get assigned until we arrive so I was surprised to see a cabin number. Looks like repeat customers aren't getting the upgrades they used to get. Price was right though ......

• 12 years later...

16 (8 cabins) of us are leaving in 4 days and boarding ship in 6 days ; took guarantee inside and all got upgraded to outside BUT still no cabin. Hope they have this many suites that cancel! HA!

16 (8 cabins) of us are leaving in 4 days and boarding ship in 6 days ; took guarantee inside and all got upgraded to outside BUT still no cabin. Hope they have this many suites that cancel! HA!

How were you informed of the upgrade?

this thread is 12 years old, better off starting a new one

• 8 months later...

We have booked guarantee only one time. We ended up with the worst stateroom on the ship, and we are Elites! We are on guarantee again (no rooms at the time of booking). We leave in 4 days. No expectations.