Random thoughts from the Eurodam October 12, 2013

cruz chic

[quote name='sunsetbeachgal']Have enjoyed this thread...we just our cabin assignment from a guarantee...were assigned a VQ spa verandah on the Panorama Deck.

Does anyone know anything about these or the location?? To me it looks good!

Thanks,[/QUOTE]

I've had one of those cabins before. I liked it fine. I did notice more vibration up there but not a deal breaker. If you have a cabana is very convenient. You'll get some water and some vitamin water. I think the balconies are smaller but not crazy small.l

[quote name='comfortcove']Happy you had a good cruise, and got home uneventfully! I enjoyed reading your reflections, and I will try to remember not to bbq squirrel. It sounds like a beautiful trip! Did you ever book your FCC? I think I missed that part, if you did.[/QUOTE]

I forgot about the squirrel:D. It made me laugh all over again. I don't think I ever commented but she did eventually get back to me. It took a while but I did get the FCC. This is the least amount of cruises I've had booked with Hal for years (only one). I may do this cruise again next year, a Caribbean one or a ten day Mexico cruise on Princess.

[quote name='sunsetbeachgal']Have enjoyed this thread...we just our cabin assignment from a guarantee...were assigned a VQ spa verandah on the Panorama Deck.

Does anyone know anything about these or the location?? To me it looks good!

Thanks,[/quote]

We LOVED ours. The verandah and the cabin are a bit smaller than the standard balcony cabin, but for some reason it just felt right. Here's what I said in my trip report:

"Our cabin, VQ 10015, was just right. We loved the smaller balcony as it puts you closer to the water. We were right above the place that the water breaks under the bow. The sound was amazing. We were under Explorations Cafe, so no noise. Crows Nest was also just up one flight. Lido and breakfast one floor down as was the spa. Only hike was MDR. We could walk outside across to just under Tamarind. For us the location really rocked."

Greetings from another happy Eurodam Oct.12 traveler. Sorry that I did not meet you Lorene.

I had 8pm fixed dining and most of the tables were empty--we got the best service since our wait staff had only 11 people to deal with at the most---most evenings there were even less people. People on that ship did not want to eat late.

To the Saint John ladies--I had forgotten what a wonderful city Saint John is--I was brought up in Moncton now living in Alberta. Went to the Market and stocked up on dulce, Ganong chicken bones and palomine bars!!!

Loved this itinerary and will probably do again next year--hope they leave out Baie Comeau!!!!!

Sherlyn

[quote name='camrosegirl']Greetings from another happy Eurodam Oct.12 traveler. Sorry that I did not meet you Lorene.

I had 8pm fixed dining and most of the tables were empty--we got the best service since our wait staff had only 11 people to deal with at the most---most evenings there were even less people. People on that ship did not want to eat late.

To the Saint John ladies--I had forgotten what a wonderful city Saint John is--I was brought up in Moncton now living in Alberta. Went to the Market and stocked up on dulce, Ganong chicken bones and palomine bars!!!

Loved this itinerary and will probably do again next year--hope they leave out Baie Comeau!!!!!

Sherlyn[/quote]
I'm sorry we didn't meet as well! Yes, it seemed everyone wanted to eat early on that cruise. For the first few days the line ups were unreal for open dining at 5:30! I've never seen that before. It did seem to be an older crowd.

I like the itinerary too but I prefer the warmer weather. The cruise next year is only 12 days and Baie Comeau is off the list. I think most folks thought that port sucked. Also Portland is on instead of Bar Harbor. I really like Bar Harbor. HAL has this cruise listed at the same price as the 15 day one:rolleyes: so I'm not going to be in a hurry to book anything. This will be one my radar as well as a few others.

[quote name='camrosegirl']Greetings from another happy Eurodam Oct.12 traveler. Sorry that I did not meet you Lorene.

Sherlyn[/QUOTE]
That makes you a bonafide Maritimer doncha know??

It was the first time I had been to the City Market on a Sunday when it was only open because of cruise ships. The fresh food and meat vendors were absent as well as the hustle and bustle of the business crowd. The lighting was quiet and subdued as well. I commented to Lorene that the Market was missing its heartbeat. Cruise passengers from Monday to Friday certainly get a different experience there.

We had our last ship of the season yesterday. There's something sad about that, not the least of which it means the cold weather is about to set in.

[quote name='scluvsrain']I rather enjoyed Baie Comeau, however, that was largely due to the total hunka lunka security guard out at the Manic 2 Dam that accompanied us and our guide on our tour.......

I'd go back in a nano second to get another glimpse of him!!![/quote]
Gee sorry I missed that but I did have some of my own eye candy to look at this trip:D;).

[quote name='sapper1']That makes you a bonafide Maritimer doncha know??

It was the first time I had been to the City Market on a Sunday when it was only open because of cruise ships. The fresh food and meat vendors were absent as well as the hustle and bustle of the business crowd. The lighting was quiet and subdued as well. I commented to Lorene that the Market was missing its heartbeat. Cruise passengers from Monday to Friday certainly get a different experience there.

We had our last ship of the season yesterday. There's something sad about that, not the least of which it means the cold weather is about to set in.[/quote]
I liked that it wasn't uber busy. The market in Halifax was a zoo and I couldn't get out of there fast enough (after a jewelry purchase of course). It is sad that the ships are gone. Cold weather has made an appearance here already, although it's nice today.

Archived