Steak House Doggie Bag

luvmyboys2

Are you planning to eat the leftovers room temperature or cold? How would you keep them fresh?

Be a little adventurous, stray from the common path of safety and test your immune system! There's nothing wrong with leftovers at room temperature a few hours later. Although in proper cruise critic fashion, I recommend you ask your doctor before eating food that has been exposed to the elements after having them wrapped to go. ;)

Step 1: have steward remove everything from cabin fridge.

Step 2: ask for two go packagingb at steak house. They'll put it on a plate with plastic cover, identical to how food comes out in the mdr.

The plate barely fits in the fridge.

I have done this a lot, can say that cold lobster or leftover steak makes for a great breakfast.

Last year on the Valor I was told no - I could not take it with me. The reason given was the room fridge was not cold enough to be food safe - which it is not. So it seems to vary.

If I paid for it, no way would I be told it was not my food anymore just because I didn't eat it "on the spot".

I wouldn't feel so strongly about it if it was an included in the fare food, but if I paid for a specialty food, give it to me.

I get a cheese plate from the MDR to go at least once a cruise. I love snacking on them the next day. I don't worry too much about the temps in the fridge and have never had food poisoning issues. I also usually do a desert at least one night to go. So delicious and wicked to watch a movie at about 1:00 while eating something that tasty for a late night snack. Dang, I'm getting hungry!

Archived