Kudos to Carnival

JerseyshoreBruce

Does any cruiseline serve clams or oysters on the half shell at a walk upbar? I would love that option. Halos i agree with you and would love that.....im not crazy about the olives either though:)

Bruce, I also would be interested in this, as I mentioned in my post. I have never seen oysters on the half shell on any CCL or RCCL cruise. I don't think they are offered on any of the main line cruises.:(

With the right seafood, I'f pick seafood over a hamburger as well. Shrimp, scallops, lobster, and fish(fried) and I'd be sitting in heaven! :D

Doesn't CCL have fish and chips?? :confused: (I'm trying to recall what line I had that on???)

Doesn't CCL have fish and chips?? :confused: (I'm trying to recall what line I had that on???)

Oh yes!!! Conquest class (both the Liberty and Glory that I know of first hand) have fish and chips on the second level of the buffet (deck 10). They also have some other seafood items such as squid (no, I've never tried that one and probably never will). DW thinks the fish is a bit greasy but I loved it when I was there!!!

Also getting back to the CCL versus otherlines.....i have always cruised with my 3 kids and sometimes took there friends......now that they are almost all older i can try other lines. With 5 people remember i had 5 airfares....hotel rooms....2 cabins on the ship....plus 5 people to pay for on excursions so there should be no bashing me for not trying other lines yet. Thought i would like tokeepthis about the topic at hand.....;)

KUDOS - I can't get over how many people go on Carnival's board just to bash them. I've never gone on RCCL or any other lines' boards to talk trash. It's never made sense to me. I cruise Carnival because it's what I like (and I must admit, I'm a bit bias as I worked onboard for a few years eons ago), but I don't have anything against other lines - just haven't taken the opportunity to cruise with them yet. I hope to try other lines, and now that I've made Platinum on Carnival, I probably will if I see a good deal.

Guess you can't trash other lines if you haven't sailed any but carnival! I have sailed carnival, and I can and do trash carnival, it remains the walmart/dollar store of cruising, really a low level of satisfaction on carnival. You will see most patrons of carnival admit that they sail them because they are cheaper. THEY ARE!!!!!!!, and you get what you pay for..........CHEAP

I was a die hard Royal cruiser. After being let down on my last cruise and noticing a steady decline over the years, I decided to try Carnival. Carnival has replaced Royal in my book.

No need to go over to the Royal boards to trash talk the line. I enjoy Carnival, so I come here to get my cruise fix.

ilionite65,

I could not imagine having to go through my short life having to bash what others like. I would get zero satisfaction in doing so. If I was doing that, I would assume that I had confidence issues that I should be addressing. But, that's just me and how I would look at myself if I were to be that type of a person.

Happy sailings.

Guess you can't trash other lines if you haven't sailed any but carnival! I have sailed carnival, and I can and do trash carnival, it remains the walmart/dollar store of cruising, really a low level of satisfaction on carnival. You will see most patrons of carnival admit that they sail them because they are cheaper. THEY ARE!!!!!!!, and you get what you pay for..........CHEAP

My wife wore stripes on Royal a decade ago or so, she still prefers cruising Carnival over Royal.;)

I was a die hard Royal cruiser. After being let down on my last cruise and noticing a steady decline over the years, I decided to try Carnival. Carnival has replaced Royal in my book.

No need to go over to the Royal boards to trash talk the line. I enjoy Carnival, so I come here to get my cruise fix.

ilionite65,

I could not imagine having to go through my short life having to bash what others like. I would get zero satisfaction in doing so. If I was doing that, I would assume that I had confidence issues that I should be addressing. But, that's just me and how I would look at myself if I were to be that type of a person.

Happy sailings.

Glad I'm not you, you read an awful lot into a simple post in which I expressed MY OPINION! No worries, I can assure you I have no confidence issues. My post is meant to serve as a warning for others, again, you get what you pay for!

Glad I'm not you, you read an awful lot into a simple post in which I expressed MY OPINION! No worries, I can assure you I have no confidence issues. My post is meant to serve as a warning for others, again, you get what you pay for!

Sorry if you read my post as saying you had confidence issues. I was speaking about myself and how I would look at my psychological well being if I wasted anytime bashing other peoples likes. No reason to convince me of your confidence or self-esteem.

Again,

Happy cruising!

:)

Maybe..... but the sound of your attitude its your demanding and mistreat people (crew members ) i have throughly enjoyed every cruise.

Does any cruiseline serve clams or oysters on the half shell at a walk upbar? I would love that option. Halos i agree with you and would love that.....im not crazy about the olives either though:)

On NCL Breakaway, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1851007&page=74 see 1470 for menu and 1474. I have only cruised with CCL but since I am not platinum looking to check other lines.

Oh trust me, that doesn't stop anyone from trashing any line! :D

And I agree. I sail Carnival more not just because they are cheaper but because I feel I get a better bang for my buck. If I didn't feel the cruise was worth what I paid for it I would sail other lines instead. But as I said, it's the best bang for the buck, IMO (and of course, my opinion is all that matters to me). So while I'm not married to Walmart of the Seas and am free to date RCCL, HAL, Princess, and soon NCL, I'll probably spend most of my dollars on Carnival as long as they continue to give me what I expect for the money spent.

I will get this back on topic! I love the burgers at JR. We will pick a day at sea to eat there one time. I have never been on a carnival w/ a Guys so I can not compare the two. I can say the buffet line burgers are not even close to a very poor JR burger! Don't get me wrong, I still like a bad burger over seafood (just me).

I will get this back on topic! I love the burgers at JR. We will pick a day at sea to eat there one time. I have never been on a carnival w/ a Guys so I can not compare the two. I can say the buffet line burgers are not even close to a very poor JR burger! Don't get me wrong, I still like a bad burger over seafood (just me).

I had one at midnight. I felt like I was stuffing it down, as my eyes were bigger than my stomach. Now, it's the other way around. :eek:

I always hear alot of talk on here of whats good on Carnival and whats bad and the same with other cruiselines. Well for the first time in my life yesterday i had lunch at Johnny Rockets and it was horrible.....i hear that is a pay food option on RCCL. Well i just have to give Carnival a big high five as Guy's Burger's and Fries blows Johnny Rockets away and for no extra charge. This is not to start anything about other lines as to me a cruise is a cruise. If you go to have a goodtime and treat the crew and other passengers with respect and don't knit pick every little thing you will no matter what cruiseline. I cruise for fun and have fun when i cruise. Happy cruising everyone!

I agree. I ate at a Johnny Rocket's in Las Vegas and it was not good. Overpriced too.

Archived