Kudos to Carnival

JerseyshoreBruce

I always hear alot of talk on here of whats good on Carnival and whats bad and the same with other cruiselines. Well for the first time in my life yesterday i had lunch at Johnny Rockets and it was horrible.....i hear that is a pay food option on RCCL. Well i just have to give Carnival a big high five as Guy's Burger's and Fries blows Johnny Rockets away and for no extra charge. This is not to start anything about other lines as to me a cruise is a cruise. If you go to have a goodtime and treat the crew and other passengers with respect and don't knit pick every little thing you will no matter what cruiseline. I cruise for fun and have fun when i cruise. Happy cruising everyone!

I always hear alot of talk on here of whats good on Carnival and whats bad and the same with other cruiselines. Well for the first time in my life yesterday i had lunch at Johnny Rockets and it was horrible.....i hear that is a pay food option on RCCL. Well i just have to give Carnival a big high five as Guy's Burger's and Fries blows Johnny Rockets away and for no extra charge. This is not to start anything about other lines as to me a cruise is a cruise. If you go to have a goodtime and treat the crew and other passengers with respect and don't knit pick every little thing you will no matter what cruiseline. I cruise for fun and have fun when i cruise. Happy cruising everyone!

That's incorrect. The food is free. It's a service restaurant, and there's a service charge.

Just like yesterday for you. You paid for food, and then tipped. The tip is the service charge, cause they served you as you sat, and brought you your food.

And on RCCL, if you want to serve yourself, there are burgers in the buffet.

When trying to compare two products, one should probably try both products and understand them before trying to do so. Trying to bring the other down, to make the one look better is not making that product better. Think Tonya Harding.

And for the record, I didn't like JR's either, except for their shakes. Have never tried one on land.

Agreed! JR was the worst.

We tried JR's on our one RCI cruise. My DH loves his burgers....to be honest, even the regular old burgers on CCL were better imo. Haven't had Guy's (don't see it in my future as of now) but I agree that JR's is just not all that.

That's incorrect. The food is free. It's a service restaurant, and there's a service charge.

Just like yesterday for you. You paid for food, and then tipped. The tip is the service charge, cause they served you as you sat, and brought you your food.

And on RCCL, if you want to serve yourself, there are burgers in the buffet.

When trying to compare two products, one should probably try both products and understand them before trying to do so. Trying to bring the other down, to make the one look better is not making that product better. Think Tonya Harding.

And for the record, I didn't like JR's either, except for their shakes. Have never tried one on land.

Well there is no service charge on Carnival so your right there is no comparison:D

We tried JR's on our one RCI cruise. My DH loves his burgers....to be honest, even the regular old burgers on CCL were better imo. Haven't had Guy's (don't see it in my future as of now) but I agree that JR's is just not all that.

Yes JR's seemed to be just greasy cheap meat! Carnivals regular burgers before Guy's came along were much better then JR's.

I tried Johnny Rockets probably 6 years ago and hated it. Then a couple of months ago (and a state away) I decided I'd give it another shot. That has to be the most over-rated crappy restaurant ever. It was just as bad this time as before. Well maybe bad isn't the right word, it was okay but no better than McDonald's or Burger King in my book. Certainly not worth the premium price they charge. Give me a 5 Guys burger any day of the week.

*My comments have nothing to do with cruising though. Just a general loathing of Johnny Rockets. I won't eat a guys burger either once I get on a ship that has it since I can't stand him. Every time I see him on my TV I want to cancel my satellite service!

So I guess you're aware you stood in line to get your burger, and didn't sit and order your burger and have it delivered to your table when it was ready. Correct?

Yes it killed me to stand in that line of 3 or 4 people.......this was no way meant to bash RCCL as i would enjoy a cruise on just about any cruiseline. But i do have a question....Why everytime i see LargeCornGyro is it always in a negative post about Carnival? I have been a member of CC for 7 years and never even looked at any other Forums but Carnivals. If you have a passion for football you would watch any team play....well i have a passion for cruising and just cause i only have cruised Carnival doesn't mean i don't like the other lines. P.S. I could go to the MDR for lunch on Carnival and get served a burger with no service charge thats better then JR's but i chose to get Guy's and stand in a very short line everytime...it was a nice smooth operation.

Yes it killed me to stand in that line of 3 or 4 people.......this was no way meant to bash RCCL as i would enjoy a cruise on just about any cruiseline. But i do have a question....Why everytime i see LargeCornGyro is it always in a negative post about Carnival? I have been a member of CC for 7 years and never even looked at any other Forums but Carnivals. If you have a passion for football you would watch any team play....well i have a passion for cruising and just cause i only have cruised Carnival doesn't mean i don't like the other lines. P.S. I could go to the MDR for lunch on Carnival and get served a burger with no service charge thats better then JR's but i chose to get Guy's and stand in a very short line everytime...it was a nice smooth operation.

It's a thread about burgers. I am giving my opinion. You must be aware if one is looking for an opinion that matched theirs, the best app to do that in is a mirror.

This is your topic. Your assumption was incorrect. I am trying to help you.

And BTW, that burger you would have in the MDR? You do tip on that. It's in your autogratuity.

It's a thread about burgers. I am giving my opinion. You must be aware if one is looking for an opinion that matched theirs, the best app to do that in is a mirror.

This is your topic. Your assumption was incorrect. I am trying to help you.

And BTW, that burger you would have in the MDR? You do tip on that. It's in your autogratuity.

and well deserved....at the end i give the MDR team and additional 50.00 each.....Now im informed...i would have thought RCCL had autogratuites also....thats a plus for RCCL. What about all your other posts bashing Carnival though???? Why hang here then if you hate them so much?

Yes JR's seemed to be just greasy cheap meat! Carnivals regular burgers before Guy's came along were much better then JR's.

You're not referring to Carnival's "buffet burgers", are you? Because in my 8 cruises, they've never been anything to write home about. The only time we crave a burger from the buffet is if we get back on the ship feeling a little more than tipsy! :P

I've had real JR and the JR on the Allure and I didn't mind it. Enjoyed the free breakfast, that was a delicious alternative. But we wouldn't pay to eat there for other meals.

Very excited to try Guy's in a few weeks :) let the battle of the burgers begin!

I tried Johnny Rockets probably 6 years ago and hated it. Then a couple of months ago (and a state away) I decided I'd give it another shot. That has to be the most over-rated crappy restaurant ever. It was just as bad this time as before. Well maybe bad isn't the right word, it was okay but no better than McDonald's or Burger King in my book. Certainly not worth the premium price they charge. Give me a 5 Guys burger any day of the week.

!

5 Guys? 80/20 hamburger

and well deserved....at the end i give the MDR team and additional 50.00 each.....Now im informed...i would have thought RCCL had autogratuites also....thats a plus for RCCL. What about all your other posts bashing Carnival though???? Why hang here then if you hate them so much?

That's a lot for a burger.

Up till my last RCCL cruise, gratuties on your Seapass account were an option you had to initiate if you chose that option. Otherwise, you tipped in an envelope. It has changed recently, which would best be suited to discuss on another thread on another board.

However, none of this has anything to do with JR's.

BTW, do you know why there's no Guys Burger joints on land?

Go carnival! We love guys burgers!

KUDOS - I can't get over how many people go on Carnival's board just to bash them. I've never gone on RCCL or any other lines' boards to talk trash. It's never made sense to me. I cruise Carnival because it's what I like (and I must admit, I'm a bit bias as I worked onboard for a few years eons ago), but I don't have anything against other lines - just haven't taken the opportunity to cruise with them yet. I hope to try other lines, and now that I've made Platinum on Carnival, I probably will if I see a good deal.

I've had both Guys and Johnny Rockets. I think they are both excellent. Half the people on this board have not tried both, at least on the ships.

JR was free when it was first introduced. The reason for the fee was that it was often overwhelmed by kids hanging out there. Those that know know that seating is limited. The fee resolved the hangout problem.

Guy's Burger Joint uses an 80/20 patty. That's a little more greasy than I'm used to when I make burgers at home. I have high hopes for a good tasty burger when I arrive in December.

On a side night I like to take a London Broil and have the butcher grind it up. Has the great making for a great steak burger that goes for only $3-4 per pounds.

I tip 50.00 extra for there service and hard work.....if you don't like your food its not your servers fault......you have to try the Ringer...awesome burger.....and to a previous poster in my opinion the regular burgers on the lido before Guy's came along were better than Johnny Rockets. Wish they did have Guy's Burgers on land! 5 Guys Burgers are good tasting but a bit greasy....their fries are to die for. By the way thats how the rich get richer by not tipping and us middleclass folks always seem to tip better though there are exceptions im sure.

KUDOS - I can't get over how many people go on Carnival's board just to bash them. I've never gone on RCCL or any other lines' boards to talk trash. It's never made sense to me. I cruise Carnival because it's what I like (and I must admit, I'm a bit bias as I worked onboard for a few years eons ago), but I don't have anything against other lines - just haven't taken the opportunity to cruise with them yet. I hope to try other lines, and now that I've made Platinum on Carnival, I probably will if I see a good deal.

Congratulations on getting to platinum.

Guy's burgers state they use 80/20. That's quite fatty, and are rumored to be more than 1100 calories.

I agree but do you really think the people eating the Pig Pattys are worried about calories....i just came back from a sailing on the Elation and while im not fat or skinny i felt anorexic compared to most on that ship!:eek:

Guy's burgers state they use 80/20. That's quite fatty, and are rumored to be more than 1100 calories.

Oh, oh, I guess I'll just have to have 1 on each of our B2B cruises. This will be my first experience with Guys Burgers. Looking forward to it.

Oh, oh, I guess I'll just have to have 1 on each of our B2B cruises. This will be my first experience with Guys Burgers. Looking forward to it.

These threads usually have me running to the nearest 5 Guys before days end.

But they just opened a Smashburger between me an 5 Guys.

Decisions, decisions.....

Archived