Oct. 6th breakaway.

jessicak76

Got off the Breakaway today, and after a nap had to do a posting, as I know I enjoyed reading reviews after others have just left the ship.

Embark.....

Ok to good. Got to NYC around 1200. Not much crowds, but I did want wheelchair assistance onto the ship. That area to Que up was right outside the elevator in the terminal, and was sadly, poorly run. Probably about ten people in line to get their name on a list, and then another twenty patrons off to the side to get an actual wheelchair and assistance. Decided to just take my slow time and check in all the way at the very end of the terminal for my cabin on deck 14. After about20 mins, we were on the ship.

First stop.....

The buffet. I enjoyed the food. Ok to good. My bf did not enjoy the food, much at all on this cruise, but he is a picky eater. I would say the food is good to great at all the eating venues.

Never heard if the rooms were ready...decided to head to the cabin around 130

Mini spa suite with balcony....

Good to great. Had to be a little creative with storage, but believe me, there is plenty of room for everything and tons of hangers, and room for cases under the bed. We had the bed by the slider door and couch by the closet. Good set up. Bathroom spacious. Our room steward offered a shower chair when he introduced himself, and it fit nicely in the stall.

Stupidly only went to use the spa facilitates once. Not sure why, time just got away from me. The spa had plenty of seats, and three different whirlpools. Only wish there was cocktail and food service in there.

Restauarants.....

Ok to good.

Cagny's was a disappointment the first night. We did get a free bottle of wine for dining on the first night, but my bf ribeye was super fatty. I mean uneatable. I told hi to send it back, but he didn't want to. My filet was perfect though. We got dessert to go, to take to our cabin.

The Italian place and teppanyaki were solid. Not complaints.

Savor and taste were also solid. No complaints on the foood or service. All our meals were tasty and promptly served. No waiting times to get in or to dine. Ever.

Bermuda.....

Island is lovely. Did multiple ncl excursions. Dolphin quest was amazing, and the horse carriage tour was a nice easy way too see the dockyard area. The caves and aquarium tour was very hard. There was a lot of walking, down steep steps and inclines, that werewet. Also, no return service back to the ship. Just a heads up for that excursion......

My only two complaints or requests would be:

Offer some typeof golf cart transport service from the ship to the end of the dock at Bermuda. It's a long walk from the gang plank to the actual start of the dock yard.

Have live music at all times during dinner in the manhatten room. Without it,the room is just noisy and large.

Overall, a great good to great trip on ncl.

Oh.....did any fellow travelers have a hard timegetting around the ship Saturday? We felt the rocking and motion a lot.but we donthave good sea legs!

Yes,there are shower chairs, and they are nice, new and sterdy.

Because I had signed up for "assistance' the steward was all prepared to ask me if I needed any additional items, and offered the chair.

Deck 14, cabin 756. Omg. Super quiet. Like....I didn't think anything was above us. My parents were down in 728 also super quiet...you'll sleep tight!

Oh, we we docked facing the dockyard....a Great view! But alas, saw no pier runners. Just a few last minute joggers. Lol.

Got off the Breakaway today, and after a nap had to do a posting, as I know I enjoyed reading reviews after others have just left the ship.

Embark.....

Ok to good. Got to NYC around 1200. Not much crowds, but I did want wheelchair assistance onto the ship. That area to Que up was right outside the elevator in the terminal, and was sadly, poorly run. Probably about ten people in line to get their name on a list, and then another twenty patrons off to the side to get an actual wheelchair and assistance. Decided to just take my slow time and check in all the way at the very end of the terminal for my cabin on deck 14. After about20 mins, we were on the ship.

First stop.....

The buffet. I enjoyed the food. Ok to good. My bf did not enjoy the food, much at all on this cruise, but he is a picky eater. I would say the food is good to great at all the eating venues.

Good to great. Had to be a little creative with storage, but believe me, there is plenty of room for everything and tons of hangers, and room for cases under the bed. We had the bed by the slider door and couch by the closet. Good set up. Bathroom spacious. Our room steward offered a shower chair when he introduced himself, and it fit nicely in the stall.

Stupidly only went to use the spa facilitates once. Not sure why, time just got away from me. The spa had plenty of seats, and three different whirlpools. Only wish there was cocktail and food service in there.

Restauarants.....

Ok to good.

Cagny's was a disappointment the first night. We did get a free bottle of wine for dining on the first night, but my bf ribeye was super fatty. I mean uneatable. I told hi to send it back, but he didn't want to. My filet was perfect though. We got dessert to go, to take to our cabin.

Savor and taste were also solid. No complaints on the foood or service. All our meals were tasty and promptly served. No waiting times to get in or to dine. Ever.

Bermuda.....

Island is lovely. Did multiple ncl excursions. Dolphin quest was amazing, and the horse carriage tour was a nice easy way too see the dockyard area. The caves and aquarium tour was very hard. There was a lot of walking, down steep steps and inclines, that werewet. Also, no return service back to the ship. Just a heads up for that excursion......

Offer some typeof golf cart transport service from the ship to the end of the dock at Bermuda. It's a long walk from the gang plank to the actual start of the dock yard.

Have live music at all times during dinner in the manhatten room. Without it,the room is just noisy and large.

Oh.....did any fellow travelers have a hard timegetting around the ship Saturday? We felt the rocking and motion a lot.but we donthave good sea legs!

Saturday I was swaying all over the place! We went out on deck 7 and the waves were hitting the ship hard!!

The walk to get off the ship is very long and after walking around the massive ship for a few days I didn't even feel like getting off and walking lol

Glad to hear you had a good time !

just off the Breakaway today~~had a very good time~~cabin #10908~~a very long walk to the back of the ship~~I had a balcony~~balcony was small but O.K. just for me! I met so many people and have some of their e-mail address's ~~I miss being on my ship tonight! Bermuda was just beautiful, I took a beach day to Cocoa Reef Resort~~ a must to do!:)

Oh good, glad it wasn't just me not being able to get around Saturday. I thought I was being a bad novice cruiser! Yes, long walk to the pier in Bermuda, but the island is so pretty...so it's worth it.

The island is beautiful and the people are great! There is no one there hassling you or trying to put things on your wrists or trying to get you to buy anything! I love Bermuda!

Embark.....

First stop.....

Restauarants.....

Ok to good.

Bermuda.....

Cocktails and Food service in the spa.....hmmmmmm:eek:

I didnt mean like steaks and shrimp cocktail in the spa - but maybe like a light menu - so you could sit on the loungers and sip a nice drink and eat a fruit salad.

The little train tram ran, but not onto the concrete walkway parallel to the ship. It ends at the dockyard semi circle, where the two docked ships meet. I wished the had a tram to take you from that point to security. They have the walkway roped up for peditrians and vechicles, but I guess only emergency cars and deliveries. It is a tight squeeze - a golf cart type unit would work.

The little train tram makes 5 stops throughout the dockyard: the ships; the clock tower; the rum cake shop and Snorkle Park/Musuem/Dolphin Encounter. Stops 3 and 4 are combined for some reason. SO it says 5 stops, but it actually stops 4 times. And it is free.

Thank you for your review..

The Manhattan room music.. Do they post ahead of time in the daily paper what time the music will be??? We are dancers and would love to have dinner and dance every night? Thak you

Thanks for writing up the review - so the Atlantic sea was rough on Saturday even for the Breakaway, good to know. Was there a tropical storm in that area / zone - we always find the crossings from/to the mainland a bit choppy. DW always complained of the bed @ home not moving after we get back and couldn't sleep for a day or two after sea legs conditioning.

How was the ferry, other reviewers saying it was stressed beyond capacity with long lines, etc. And, I can't imagine those poor pink buses with 5,000+ people & time-off crew members trying to get on/off at Dockyard or elsewhere ... (worst with a 2nd. ship in King's Wharf - didn't see one in Hamilton when the Dawn was next to ours last year (did RCI's EOS then)

I did not take the Ferry or buses. But I saw the line for the Ferry from my balcony. It looked quite long; but then disappeared when the Ferry came. So I am assuming all the people queing up for that time's ferry made it on that boat. There were always plenty of taxis lined up though....no wait for them

Archived