Halloween

Ralph Landis

We sailed Volendam once on Halloween, a number of years ago, and they held a costume contest after dinner in Crows Nest. It was lots of fun and we were surprised the number of pax that actually wore costumes. I don't know if other ships do that or still have the costume parties but I recall that one. :)

We sailed Volendam once on Halloween, a number of years ago, and they held a costume contest after dinner in Crows Nest. It was lots of fun and we were surprised the number of pax that actually wore costumes. I don't know if other ships do that or still have the costume parties but I recall that one. :)

Imaging packing a halloween costume in your vacation luggage.

Wouldn't do it myself, but there is something about it that just seems right.:D

We have been on several cruises over Halloween.

Some ships decorated the entrances to the main dining room. Some had a few decorations in the Lido. One ship had the crew crave pumpkins for a contest and we voted on our favorite one.

A couple of ships had a contest in the Crows nest and prizes were given out.

Imaging packing a halloween costume in your vacation luggage.

Wouldn't do it myself, but there is something about it that just seems right.:D

DH and I were not in costume. :o

I forgot about the pumpkin carving contest...... we've seen that also. :)

I hope peolpe dress up otherwise I will be alone At least I will have a good chance of winning the costume contest I hope the prize is paying my bar tab. :-)

I fly Southwest which still gives 1 suitcase free I can pack for 2 weeks in a carry on if need be.

We were on a Noordam TA for Halloween last year. I was shocked how many people dressed up, many in quite elaborate costumes. There were plenty of decorations and a pumpkin carving contest/demo by the crew. We did our CC Cabin Crawl that day in trick or treat fashion- cabin hosts handed out candy and trinkets from their hometowns. There was also a Monster Mash dance party.

To save packing space, spice up your formal wear on Halloween night. Men can be prom king, magician etc in a tux.

Archived