unlimited soda package NOT FREESTYLE

xrayvin

Hello!

We are getting ready to sail on the LOS, and we are looking at getting the unlimited soda package for our kids. I was wondering about the choices they have. I just got back from a carnival cruise and even though it stated "fountain drinks" it did include ginger ale and mr pibb (which were in a can) they just opened them and poured it into a glass. I am wondering if this is an option on RCCL as well. Ginger ale is important for any motion sensitivities the kids may have, plus it does give a couple more options to drink. Also can they order a Shirley Temple or Roy Roger? That would just be a fountain pop with some grenadine.

I am hoping to get the answer from someone who has actually used it in the past on a NON FREESTYLE ship. Thank you for your replies!

Hello!

We are getting ready to sail on the LOS, and we are looking at getting the unlimited soda package for our kids. I was wondering about the choices they have. I just got back from a carnival cruise and even though it stated "fountain drinks" it did include ginger ale and mr pibb (which were in a can) they just opened them and poured it into a glass. I am wondering if this is an option on RCCL as well. Ginger ale is important for any motion sensitivities the kids may have, plus it does give a couple more options to drink. Also can they order a Shirley Temple or Roy Roger? That would just be a fountain pop with some grenadine.

I am hoping to get the answer from someone who has actually used it in the past on a NON FREESTYLE ship. Thank you for your replies!

Cans of soda are not included in the soda package. Only fountain sodas. My experience has been that Ginger Ale is one of the fountain choices.

Thanks everyone!

I really wish LOS had the freestyle machine! He would love it. Oh well, I have spent $27 on worse things and if we can get Shirley Temples and ginger ale he will be set. Maybe rootbeer? OK OK I know I am getting out of control now! LOL

Agree that cans are not part of the package but I have on occasion gotten a can simply because the fountain was not working at that moment. As for Ginger ale. At a bar it would seem that Ginger Ale would be part of the fountain choices. I have also seen bar tenders make ginger ale by using sprite and a dash of cola. The cola gives the sprite the color so that it resembles ginger ale.

On the last two ships I was on that did not have any fountain that was usable by customers, they would give me Sprite Zero out of the can into my cup when I asked since I wanted something caffeine free and diet.

Hello!

Ginger ale is important for any motion sensitivities the kids may have,

actually not so much. the ginger in ginger ale is way too diluted to offer real tangible benefit. they'd be better off eating crystalized ginger or green apples.

actually not so much. the ginger in ginger ale is way too diluted to offer real tangible benefit. they'd be better off eating crystalized ginger or green apples.

I would not dismiss the positive effect of Ginger Ale. It has worked for us and our cruising buddies many times.

Archived