Oasis Boardwalk 10th (10307) vs 8th (8307) floor room

Hollyann

We have just decided moved our sail date a week later and are now jumping ship :pfrom the Allure to the Oasis on May 17th. We are going to book a Boardwalk room but the only ones left are towards the middle 10307 and 8307 (my DH, 20 yo son and I).

I was wondering if since we are fairly far back from the aft, if the 10th floor would give us that much better of an ocean view than the 8th floor to make it worth being up 2 flights.

There are three reasons that I like the 8th floor better:

• To walk to the other end we'd walk by central park instead of rooms
  • It is closer to the dining room and shows so we can take the stairs instead of the elevators (well sometimes:rolleyes:), and
  • I am nervous about getting seasick. I wear the patch and have never been seasick on a ship, but I do feel the motion and have always booked low floors and mid ship.

But, if we get a better view of the ocean and aqua show, I'd give the 10th floor a try (we can book up to the 12th floor currently -still about 12307- but I'm not that brave).

Has anyone had a room that far away from the aft and have a decent view of the ocean? I've been looking for pictures and all I see are the fantastic ones right at the very end.

Thanks so much!

Oasis of Dreams, the aquatheater show, is best seen from the seats of the aquatheater. Truly.

Given the choices you list, I would take Deck 8, at least partly for the reasons that you wrote.

Deck 10 or 11 would be fine, too.

You really can't go wrong with any of those choices.

:)

My vote Deck 8. You can't beat walking back to your cabin at night going through Central Park with all the trees lit and crickets chirping. Better than walking past cabin doors!

I do not think that two decks up is going to make any significant difference in your view of the ocean. So you should base it on what is on the ship instead. It looks like 8 is a better choice based on that so I would go with 8.

Thank you all very much for your replies!! This confirms what I was thinking. We booked the 10th floor yesterday, but I was rethinking that plan after reading the reviews on how much people liked walking through central park on the 8th floor.

I appreciate the input!!

Archived