For our CC Friends in the Florida Panhandle and along Dennis' Path

I want to send my heartfelt prayers to anyone in Dennis' cruel path along the West coast of Florida and in the panhandle, particularly Pensacola. That area was so hard hit last year and it simply isn't fair if you get hit again ... particularly if Dennis continues at his current Cat 4 strength.

I am hoping Dennis will lose strength over the next day or so and spare all of you. I just wanted to send my thoughts and good wishes to all of you. Stay well, stay safe and get out of harm's way if you possible can.

I want to send my heartfelt prayers to anyone in Dennis' cruel path along the West coast of Florida and in the panhandle, particularly Pensacola. That area was so hard hit last year and it simply isn't fair if you get hit again ... particularly if Dennis continues at his current Cat 4 strength.

I am hoping Dennis will lose strength over the next day or so and spare all of you. I just wanted to send my thoughts and good wishes to all of you. Stay well, stay safe and get out of harm's way if you possible can.

Thanks so much for your prayers Heather. All of us here in Mobile greatly appreciate it. Judie and I are hoping against all hope that all of these early storms mean that the hurricane season has started early to end early so our 40th anniversary cruise on Oct. 1st. will be storm free.

Richard & Judie

Thanks for your kind thoughts and prayers, Heather and Penny. Here in Pensacola, we are still working on the cleanup and rebuilding from Hurricane Ivan last year. People have been taking Dennis very seriously this week - supplies such as gas are in high demand and short supply. We're hoping that by hovering over Cuba so long, Dennis will weaken to a less intense storm.

Richard and Judie - we were returning from an anniversary trip to New Orleans Wednesday, and were amazed at the flooding that Tropical Storm Cindy created in Mobile. Hope that the bay has returned to normal. Stay safe this week.

Rich and Judie, I should have mentioned Alabama as well, but you know I meant everyone up that way. You're in my thoughts as well. We're waiting for you over on our group cruise board!:D

BL, we have friends in Pensacola ... called us today and they're going with their cats and dogs to Tallahassee ... hope that's far enough!

I just have a sense this is going to slow down and dwindle ... I don't know why. Pay me no mind because I was wrong about Jeanne last year when she turned around and came straight at us, but something tells me you'll be okay. I hope so anyway and I'm praying for that.

I can only echo what Heather said. Y'all stay safe up there on the N. Gulf Coast. Let's all hope this thing fizzles out to a great extent. The forecast says that it will still be bad, but you just never know what might happen with these storms. It could even head my way here in Central FL.

Y'all take care.

Ken

Thanks for all of your support and prayers. We're not going to evacuate and are going to ride the storm out with some of our neighbors. All northbound roads are so packed that I think I'd rather be in my house than stuck in traffic for hours. I'll be back on the boards after power gets restored. Good luck to others on the board who live in the panhandle as well.

Waking this morning and seeing how horrible Dennis promises to be, I am just heartsick for everyone in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana and even north of that where the predict terrible flooding.

You all are probably not sitting reading the CC boards, but here is the only place where I can tell you that you are not alone. So many of us hurt for you. It could be any of us in the path of the horrendous fury and I know how it feels.

So I needed to post that I am thinking of all of you and hoping for the best that it does not prove too devastating. My prayers are with all of you today and in the days to come.

Waking this morning and seeing how horrible Dennis promises to be, I am just heartsick for everyone in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana and even north of that where the predict terrible flooding.

You all are probably not sitting reading the CC boards, but here is the only place where I can tell you that you are not alone. So many of us hurt for you. It could be any of us in the path of the horrendous fury and I know how it feels.

So I needed to post that I am thinking of all of you and hoping for the best that it does not prove too devastating. My prayers are with all of you today and in the days to come.

Well said, Heather..... We can't add any more to this than our prayers for everyone's safety.

Good Morning all!

Needless to say, we dodged a major bullet for the most part here where I live. I'm just glad it was a fast-moving storm. We were very lucky here at my house, only debris, a few shingles and some tree branches. We even had power restored before bedtime last night....a first after a major hurricane! Some of my neighbors to the west aren't quite so lucky, but here's hoping that they'll have a/c sometime today.

Wonderful news for you, Chieft ... I'm so glad it moved so fast. From what I hear that is what kept it from being the major disaster they expected.

I hope to see a post from Richcrow soon ... I know they're in Mobile and I'm not sure where. With so much power down, it could be awhile but we'll be looking for you!

For those without power or damage to their homes/businesses, I'm sure it feels like it was a horrible storm. But, it seems, that it was expected to be even worse. I hope all gets back to normal quickly and that this is the last of the hurricanes that will hit any land this season.

Wonderful news for you, Chieft ... I'm so glad it moved so fast. From what I hear that is what kept it from being the major disaster they expected.

I hope to see a post from Richcrow soon ... I know they're in Mobile and I'm not sure where. With so much power down, it could be awhile but we'll be looking for you!

Thanks to you Heather and all of the other posters for their thoughts and prayers we were very lucky to come out of this storm with no damage in Mobile. Just a lot of rain. We just returned from Atlanta where we rode out the storm with my son, daughter-in-law and grandkids. We didn't even lose power in Mobile.

Thanks again,

Richard

Very well put Heather! Same goes for our household, your all in our thoughts and prayers!

Archived