Frecciarossa - when make reservation?

peterm

After a TA cruise we will stay 3 days in Rome and then plan to take the Frecciarossa train from Rome to Milan. Must we make our seat reservation/buying the tickets before we leave for our cruise or is it early enough to make a reservation when we are in Rome (about 2-3 days before the train departure)? We plan to travel mid-week around noon in business class.

Thank you.

I bought ours about 2 months prior I believe but dont remember exactly Put it on a card that didn't charge a foreign fee and had it all paid off and tix in hand prior to leaving the USA.

I travel with a large family and always prefer the simple way for us and prepaid and in hand is simple for us. YMMV

That will be how I do it next time also.

After a TA cruise we will stay 3 days in Rome and then plan to take the Frecciarossa train from Rome to Milan. Must we make our seat reservation/buying the tickets before we leave for our cruise or is it early enough to make a reservation when we are in Rome (about 2-3 days before the train departure)? We plan to travel mid-week around noon in business class.

Thank you.

It's a cost vs. flexibility choice. Yes, you will most probably save money by booking in advance, but if cost isn't a major factor, you don't HAVE to book in advance - you can get your ticket right before boarding (as long as they're not sold out, of course).

Archived