Cave tubing in January?

cbCRR

I have it booked for our upcoming cruise. DH is second guessing it now thinking that the water will be cold. Anyone done it in January that can give me your input? Did it get cold in the caves? Cold, especially for extended times (30 minutes in the cave?) really bothers his knee and he'll be miserable for the next day. I'd rather just walk around a bit and then hang out on a half empty ship. Would like to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Can't speak specifically to January for cave tubing. But if the water is low, you might bump along thebottom in places:eek: (though it's usually March before lack of rain reduces the water level).

Air temp wise, morning lows in January range between 67 and 73, as in before sunrise, with afternoon highs between 80 and 85. So very pleasant.

I was there last January and the water was great, it is a sub tropical area so the rains can come at any time and water levels go up and down. My 3 trips are Jan, Nov, and Sept. Never a problem with the water levels being too low. There are natural spots where the water is shallow and they will tell you to "lift your butt" but its smooth rocks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived