Amazed by our first cruise:-)

Hi

My husband an I have just returned from a one week cruise with Royal Caribbean freedom of the seas, it was our honeymoon an we loved every second of it, it exceeded all expectations! So we are now planning another cruise for spring 2014 an we are thinking of doing the Mediterranean but unsure what ship is advisable! Lots of people has said RC freedom is up with the best of them so I'm afraid of being disappointed if we book with another company!

We would really appreciate some advise!

Many thanks

Michelle:-)

Michelle :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well, definitely stick with Royal Caribbean! You won't be disappointed.

It's difficult to tell you which ship to aim for in the Med, as the ships relocate from time to time. They tend to move all around the world. :)

Voyager, a smaller, but similar ship to Freedom was our first. It hooked us. You started with a good one! I hope to go back on Freedom in 15. With a litle research and keeping your expectations in check, we have yet to be disappointed. We are going on Royals smallest and oldest ship this next week.

Hi Michelle,

welcome to both CruiseCritic and the wonderful world of cruising.

If you want to stick with Royal Caribbean, remember that Mediterranean and Baltic cruises start from May.

If you really liked the Freedom, check out The Independence's cruises in Europe, she's a sister ship.

Considering how port intensive Med. cruises are, the ship won't play as important a part in your experience! So, if you do find another line that goes to places you really want to go, and the price is right...don't be afraid to book it!

Congrats on your wedding and welcome to cruising. There is nothing like your first cruise! We still take land based vacations because some things you can't experience from a ship! But cruising is absolutely our favorite way to get away.

Any of the Voyager or Freedom class ships on RCCL will provide a similar experience. Since you're new to cruising, I suggest you try different cruise lines and find the line that fits you best. Research the Celebrity S-class ships and consider one of them for your Med cruise.

Archived