Do Any of the Breakaway Haven Balcony Dividers Open?

terry55

We are planning a family cruise on Breakaway next year (celebrating our "youngest" graduating from college). DH and I cruised in a 2BR Haven Villa on Gem last year, and would love to book in the Haven again for this cruise. Curious if anyone knows if any of the Courtyard 2BR Villas or Courtyard Penthouses have balcony dividers that can be opened? I know the set up in the 2BR Villas has the bathroom extended out, but wasn't sure if either of those categories are set up so that the dividers can be opened. Did consider the DOS as an option as well. Thanks for your thoughts.

We were on the BA a few weeks ago, cruising with close friends who had the suite next to ours. On the first day, we asked the room stewardess if she could open the dividers. She said that she cannot do that - NCL policy, and appeared really sorry she could not fulfill the request. When in Bermuda, I looked up at the ship and didn't see any dividers open.

Darcy

A couple of years ago NCL changed it's policy for safety reason and no longer allow them to be opened except in port and even then it's not a sure thing.

If you wait a bit someone will come along and tell you to ignore the safety regulations and figure out a way to do it anyway. Please don't.

I was told by a high-ranking officer on our last cruise that opening the balcony dividers is a violation of company policy because the doors are considered to be fire barriers. Unlocking the doors creates a huge liability for NCL should there be a fire aboard ship.

Thanks for the replies....guess the NCL's policy makes sense for fire and safety reasons. And trust me, I am not one to go against rules/regulations. Don't think any of those suites adjoin and wasn't sure about the balconies.

We are planning a family cruise on Breakaway next year (celebrating our "youngest" graduating from college). DH and I cruised in a 2BR Haven Villa on Gem last year, and would love to book in the Haven again for this cruise. Curious if anyone knows if any of the Courtyard 2BR Villas or Courtyard Penthouses have balcony dividers that can be opened? I know the set up in the 2BR Villas has the bathroom extended out, but wasn't sure if either of those categories are set up so that the dividers can be opened. Did consider the DOS as an option as well. Thanks for your thoughts.

At least with the DOS, the inner wall between that and the OS can be opened in the room to make one larger suite. The PH to the rear also is adjoining through a door so you could have all 3 connected via the interior.

I was told by a high-ranking officer on our last cruise that opening the balcony dividers is a violation of company policy because the doors are considered to be fire barriers. Unlocking the doors creates a huge liability for NCL should there be a fire aboard ship.

this isn't directed at you travelgirl.....

My question is this.....if this has been NCL's policy for years then why design the ship with dividers that can be opened? :confused:

Archived